GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH DRY SPICE RUB
These flavorful grilled pork chops are perfect for a weekend dinner party or quick and easy family dinner any night of the week. The rub is a perfect combo of sweet, salty, savory and spicy and is made with common pantry ingredients.
Provided by Getty Stewart
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In small bowl combine all dry rub ingredients, mix well.
- Generously coat each pork chop with the spice rub. As the name suggests, rub the spice mix into the meat.
- Place chops in single layer in a sealed container in the fridge for at least 1 hour for best results.
- Remove chops from fridge half an hour before grilling to bring up to room temperature.
- Use a paper towel to coat grill grates evenly but sparingly with canola oil to help prevent food from sticking.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Grill chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Flip only once or twice max.
- Remove from grill and tent loosely with foil for 5 minutes for maximum juiciness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 720 kcal, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 121 g, Fat 19 g, Sodium 2690 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SPICE-RUBBED GRILL PORK CHOPS
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat and brush the grill grates with olive oil.
- Whisk together 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, cumin and allspice in a small bowl. Sprinkle the pork chops with the rub. Grill the pork chops on each side 6 to 7 minutes, for a total of 12 to 14 minutes. Remove the chops to a plate and tent with foil.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Once the butter starts to foam, add the shallot and saute until tender. Add the flour and stir until pasty. Stir in the pomegranate juice, beef stock, red wine vinegar and raspberry preserves. Bring to a simmer while stirring. The sauce will thicken when it begins to simmer. Taste and then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops over the rice with sauce ladled over top. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH SORGHUM BBQ SAUCE
- Combine the ketchup, sorghum, vinegar, mustard, ancho powder, habanero and some salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside about 1/2 cup for serving; keep warm.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high indirect heat. Brush the top of the pork chops lightly with canola oil, and rub the oiled side with the spice rub. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place the chops rub-side down over direct heat on the grill and cook until charred, about 4 minutes. Brush the tops with canola oil, flip, and cook for 1 minute, just to brown the bottom a bit. Brush the tops generously with barbecue sauce; shift them over to indirect heat and cook, covered, until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 150 degrees F, about 5 minutes. Remove the chops from the grill, brush them with more of the sauce and let rest, loosely tented, for 10 minutes. Serve with the reserved BBQ sauce.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ancho, coriander, mustard, paprika, pepper, salt, chile de arbol, cumin and oregano until blended. Store in a cool, dark place, tightly covered, for up to 6 months.
- Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH GRILLED ZUCCHINI
- In a large zip-top bag, combine coriander, brown sugar, cumin, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add pork and 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 8 hours (or up to 1 day).
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grill. Grill pork, covered, about 5 minutes per side for medium. Let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
- Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Toss zucchini with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grate 1 tablespoon lime zest, then cut limes into wedges. Transfer half the zucchini to a serving plate and sprinkle with zest and feta. Chop and refrigerate remaining zucchini for Herbed Ricotta Pasta with Corn and Zucchini. Serve zucchini and pork with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 585 g, Fat 35 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 58 g, SaturatedFat 12 g
SPICE RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH HORSERADISH MAPLE GLAZE AND MAPLE GLAZED GRILLED SWEET POTATOES
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.;
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.;
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Reserve 1/2 cup of the Maple-Horseradish Glaze and set aside. Brush pork chops on both sides with olive oil and season with salt. Rub 1 tablespoon of the rub onto 1 side of each pork chop. Grill, rub-side down until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Brush each chop with some of the Maple-Horseradish glaze and turn over. Continue grilling for 3 to 4 minutes for medium doneness, brushing with some of the glaze. Remove the chops to a platter and brush with the reserved glaze.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked 3/4 of the way Spicy Maple Glaze
- Slice the potatoes, crosswise, into 1-inch thick slices. Brush with maple glaze and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
EASY PAN-GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICY RUB RECIPE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine seasonings-thyme, chipotle chili powder, chili powder, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper-and cover pork thoroughly. Let the chops stand at room temperature for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Coat the grill pan or broiler rack with olive oil.
- Pan grill over medium heat or broil about 4 inches from the heat source for about 6 minutes.
- Turn and grill for 6 to 8 minutes longer-until chops are cooked through.
- Cook time depends on the thickness of chops, but check to make sure meat is at least 145 F in the center of the thickest chop. Use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chops.
- Serve with potatoes and a leafy green vegetable or salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96 kcal, Carbohydrate 0 g, Cholesterol 22 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 291 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 7 g, ServingSize 4 to 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
MOROCCAN SPICE RUBBED PORK CHOPS
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, cinnamon, coriander, cumin and paprika to form a paste. Press spice mixture onto both sides of each pork chop.
- Light coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium high. Grill pork until there is no trace of pink near the bone, 6-8 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt and season with pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.8, Fat 19.2, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 137.3, Sodium 255.8, Carbohydrate 1.1, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.1, Protein 41.4
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICE PASTE
- In a bowl, mix together garlic, oil, sugar, salt, paprika, pepper, and cayenne until a paste forms. Coat pork chops with paste and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 3).
- Heat grill to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grates. Grill pork, covered, 5 minutes per side for medium. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574 g, Fat 35 g, Protein 54 g
GRILLED SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH PEACH GLAZE
This recipe is so simple and delicious--a lovely combination of sweet and savory for grilled pork chops. The pork chops are seasoned with smokey spices and topped with peach jam to compliment these spices. I like to garnish each serving with fresh peach slices to add a little extra "zing".
Provided by MarthaStewartWanabe
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine spices (ginger, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper). Rub mixture over both sides of pork chops. Allow to dry-marinate for 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Grill pork chops for 7-10 minutes on each side or until cooked thoroughly (or juices run clear when pricked with a fork).
- Remove pork chops to a serving platter. Top each pork chop with 1 tbs. peach jam (or preserves) and allow to melt. Garnish with fresh peach slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396, Fat 18, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 137.3, Sodium 189, Carbohydrate 14.2, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 9.7, Protein 41.4
BONELESS PORK CHOPS WITH SPICY RUB
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, chili powder, paprika, garlic, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Rub the mixture evenly over the pork chops. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Broil pork chops for 5-6 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Or you could also bake the chops at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or till done. Serve immediately, with 2 wedges of lime for each chop.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SMOKED PAPRIKA RUB
A lot of purchased barbecue sauces are really high in sugar. If you need to watch the amount of sugar in your diet, try grilling pork chops with this flavorful rub, instead. The rub goes on in advance so the flavors can penetrate the chops.
Provided by Bibi
Categories BBQ & Grilled Pork Chops
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine smoked paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Pat chops dry with a paper towel and evenly distribute dry ingredient mixture on front and back of each chop. With fingertips, lightly rub dry ingredient mixture into the chops on both sides.
- Place chops on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove rubbed chops from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- While chops are getting to room temperature, clean the grate of an outdoor gas grill and preheat to medium heat.
- When the grill is ready, lightly spray chops with avocado oil spray.
- Lightly oil the grill grates, place chops on the grill, and cook for about 3 minutes. Rotate chops 90 degrees to create a criss-cross grill pattern and continue grilling for 3 minutes. Turn chops and grill until pork chops are no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Remove to a serving platter and allow to rest under a foil tent, for about 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.7 calories, Carbohydrate 1.5 g, Cholesterol 94.9 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 30.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 548.9 mg
People also searched
More about "spice rubbed grilled pork chops recipes"
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS ON A STICK | MIDWEST …
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS | LEITE'S CULINARIA
DRY RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - COOKING LSL
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS | RICARDO
5/5 (94)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 18 mins
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS - DIABETIC FOODIE
CAST IRON SKILLET BONELESS PORK CHOPS WITH HOMEMADE SPICE RUB
GRILLED STEAK WITH HERB BUTTER AND SPICE RUB - MSN.COM
RECIPE: MAKE OUR BBQ PORK CHOPS WITH BLACK PUDDING AND FIVE SPICE
PORK CHOPS WITH INDIAN SPICE RUB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPICY GRILLED PORK CHOPS - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER - STOVETOP GRILLING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Spice rubbed pork chops?Spice-Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops. These spice-rubbed grilled pork chops get their awesomeness from a mix of crushed coriander seeds, chipotle chile powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, and mustard powder. A combo of direct and indirect grilling makes for a great crust and juicy interior.
How to cook pork chops on the grill?In a small bowl, combine the coriander, chipotle, salt, cumin, paprika, and mustard powder. Pat the chops dry with paper towels and season both sides with the spice mixture and then rub the seasoned chops with the olive oil. Sear the pork chops on the hot side of the grill until the exterior forms a nice crust, about 4 minutes per side.
How to cook pork chops with dry rubs?In small bowl combine all dry rub ingredients, mix well. Generously coat each pork chop with the spice rub. As the name suggests, rub the spice mix into the meat. Place chops in single layer in a sealed container in the fridge for at least 1 hour for best results.
How to cook pork chops with paprika?Combine smoked paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and cayenne in a small bowl. Pat chops dry with a paper towel and evenly distribute dry ingredient mixture on front and back of each chop. With fingertips, lightly rub dry ingredient mixture into the chops on both sides. Place chops on a plate and cover with plastic wrap.