For a summer lunch or dinner, one of my favorite salads. There is always a debate going on about this salad, what should be in there and what not. I don't use potatoes in mine, but if you like to add them, do so. I have added the sardines because I like them in this salad, but you can leave them out. The dressing can be drizzled over the salad instead of mixing it in, or you can use your own favorite dressing. Serve with some nice bread, and a glass of wine (of course!) Cook time of the beans is not included.
Provided by PetsRus
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Mix the oil and vinegar for the dressing, add salt, pepper and the herbs.
- Toss together carefully, the dressing, beans, eggs (keep one for the garnish), onion, tomatoes, tuna, garlic and half of the olives; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile in the center of the serving dish on top of the lettuce leaves, make it look as attractive as possible, finish the salad with the garnish ingredients.
CLASSIC NICOISE SALAD
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook until fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl; drizzle with the wine and let cool. Reserve the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, bring a separate saucepan of salted water to a boil. Fill a bowl with salted ice water. Add the haricots verts to the boiling water; cook until crisp-tender and bright green, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water to cool; drain and pat dry.
- Place the eggs in the reserved saucepan and cover with cold water by about 1 inch. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then cover, remove from the heat and let stand, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, then run under cold water to cool. Peel under cold running water.
- Make the dressing: Whisk the vinegar, shallot, mustard, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified.
- Toss the tomatoes ian a small bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Add about 1/4 cup dressing to the potatoes and toss. Quarter the hard-cooked eggs.
- Divide the lettuce among 4 plates. Arrange the potatoes, haricots verts, radishes, hard-cooked eggs and tuna on top. Pour any juices from the tomatoes into the dressing, then add the tomatoes to the plates. Drizzle with the dressing and top with the olives.
Make salade niçoise your go-to salad for summer. With crunchy lettuce, ripe tomatoes, potatoes, tuna and soft-boiled eggs, it's full of flavour and texture
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To make the dressing, mash the garlic and anchovy, if using, with a small pinch of salt on a board using the blade of a large knife, or in a pestle and mortar. Combine the paste with the mustard and vinegar, then slowly stir in the tuna oil. Set aside.
- Tip the new potatoes into a large pan of cold salted water, ensuring they're well covered. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the beans and cook for 5 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon and immediately plunge into a bowl of iced water to cool. Cook the potatoes for another 5 mins until tender, then drain and leave to cool. When cool enough to handle, halve or quarter them, and toss in a large bowl with 1 tbsp of the dressing. Leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggs in a second pan of simmering water for 7½ mins, then transfer to a bowl of iced water to cool. Drain the beans and eggs, then peel and halve the eggs.
- Tip the lettuce quarters, cooked beans and olives into the bowl with the potatoes. Add most of the remaining dressing and gently toss. Divide the salad between two bowls, and top with the tomatoes and eggs. Flake over the tuna, then drizzle with the rest of the dressing and season.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 633 calories, Fat 42 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 9 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 2.2 milligram of sodium
SARDINES WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND CAPERS
No cooking involved. This recipe is for busy people looking for an easy recipe; great for fish lovers, even those a bit skeptical of sardines. This recipe will become a staple in your diet. The ingredients really balance out the fishy flavor, and turn a can of sardines into a tasty, gourmet meal on-the-go. Pair with quinoa and a side of spinach (preferably sauteed in olive oil with lemon) for a complete lunch or dinner. This meal provides energy, focus, and saves you time and money.
Provided by iloveoliveoil
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the sardines on a small plate. Squeeze the lemon half over the sardines; season with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, and crushed red pepper flakes. Scatter the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and capers over the mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.3 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Cholesterol 130.6 mg, Fat 11.2 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 864.3 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
More about "nicoise salad with sardines sun dried tomato dressing recipes"
SARDINE NICOISE SALAD » THE CANDIDA DIET
3.9/5 (42)Total Time 20 minsServings 1Calories 670 per serving
- In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil and blanch green beans just until bright green and tender crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain green beans and rinse under cold water for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put the vinaigrette ingredients into a container with a lid, shake well. Refrigerate unused portion.
- Arrange around a platter in separate mounds, the tomatoes, green beans, lettuce, hard boiled egg, cucumbers and olives. Place sardines in the middle of the platter and garnish with fresh herbs. Drizzle salad with the Anchovy Vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper to taste.
SARDINE NICOISE SALAD | MARK'S DAILY APPLE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
TURKEY NICOISE SALAD WITH SUNDRIED TOMATO DRESSING | CANADIAN …
NICOISE SALAD DRESSING – A COUPLE COOKS
NICOISE SALAD RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
SALAD NICOISE RECIPE | EASY SUMMER SALADS | NICOISE …
SALAD NICOISE DRESSING (FRESH HERB VINAIGRETTE)
SALADE NICOISE WITH SALMON, TUNA OR SARDINES — PALEO, …
NIçOISE SALAD - AUTHENTIC FRENCH RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
SMOKED SALMON NICOISE SALAD RECIPE - LILLY'S TABLE
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT SALADE NIçOISE | FRENCH FOOD AND DRINK
SALAD NIçOISE (FRENCH SALAD RECIPE WITH TUNA)
SALMON NIçOISE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO DRESSING RECIPE
NICOISE SALAD (FRENCH SALAD WITH TUNA) | RECIPETIN EATS
SALADE NIçOISE RECIPE FROM SARDINE: SIMPLE SEASONAL PROVENCAL …
You'll also love