CREAMY EGG SALAD WITH CAPERS
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl combine chopped hard boiled egg, mayo, mustard, celery, capers, salt and pepper. Gently stir until thoroughly combined. Serve on toasted bread of choice (bagels, rye, flatbread crackers are all my favorite) along with sliced tomato, sliced red onion and capers sprinkled on top.
SOUTHERN-STYLE EGG SALAD
Southern egg salad, primarily used for sandwiches. Serve on fresh bread of your choice. My wife likes to make double-decker sandwiches (utilizing whole wheat bread for the center slice) with pimento cheese on the other half. Trim the edges and cut into 2 or 3 pieces. Great for tailgating.
Provided by Walter R.
Categories Salad Egg Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cover eggs with water in a saucepan, bring to a low boil, let boil slowly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to ice water to chill for 5 minutes; peel. Grate eggs into a medium mixing bowl and add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, sugar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Cholesterol 114.4 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 185.7 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
CREAMY EGG SALAD
I love the versatility of egg salad, especially with this recipe. You can serve it on a nest of mixed greens, tucked into a sandwich or with your favorite crisp crackers. -Cynthia Kohlberg, Syracuse, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in green pepper, celery, relish and parsley. Fold in eggs. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228 calories, Fat 19g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 264mg cholesterol, Sodium 456mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 9g protein.
CREAMY EGG SALAD WITH DILL AND CAPERS
A deliciously simple recipe for perfect egg salad featuring capers and dill.
Provided by Kristi
Categories lunch salads smørrebrød
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Set over medium high heat and bring to a boil. As soon as the water is boiling, remove the pan from the heat, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl filled with cold water and ice. Let the eggs rest in the ice bath while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard, shallot, capers and dill in a medium bowl. Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Transfer the yolks to the bowl. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Chop the egg whites into a medium dice. Fold into the mayonnaise mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Be sure to taste first! Capers are quite salty and you may not need any additional salt. Serve immediately or cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294 kcal, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 12 g, Fat 26 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 339 mg, Sodium 432 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 2 g, UnsaturatedFat 18 g, ServingSize 1 serving
'FANCY' EGG SALAD
This recipe dresses up basic egg salad with parsley, capers, shallots and bacon. The writer, David Latt, cooks his eggs on a low, gentle boil for 30 minutes and finds they come out perfectly done, with the yolk flaky, but feel free to use whatever method you like, as long as the eggs are hard-boiled. (We give instructions for boiling and steaming in our guide to cooking eggs.) You can also add other spices: mustard, ground mustard seed, cumin or rosemary. The parsley can be replaced with cilantro, and the mayonnaise can be flavored.
Provided by David Latt
Categories easy, lunch, quick, salads and dressings, sandwiches
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put the eggs into a gently boiling pot of water and cook for 30 minutes. Cool with water, peel and chop.
- Toss the eggs in a bowl with the parsley, capers, shallots and bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the mayo and mix well. Serve with fresh bread or crackers, on hearts of romaine, or in a salad.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 108, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 150 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "creamy egg salad with capers recipes"
BEST EGG SALAD RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
5/5 (17)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil, mustard, capers, lemon juice, garlic, turmeric, salt, and several grinds of black pepper.
- Mix in the eggs, then stir in the celery seed, dill, and chives. If desired, lightly mash the mixture if it's too chunky. Chill until ready to serve.
LEMON CAPER EGG SALAD RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 10 minsCategory Main DishCalories 231 per serving
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and gently stir together. Keep mixture covered tightly in refrigerator until ready to serve.
15 WAYS TO USE THE JAR OF CAPERS IN YOUR FRIDGE - ALLRECIPES
EGG SALAD TOAST WITH FRESH HERBS AND CAPERS RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
SUPER CREAMY EGG SALAD – THE BEST EGG SALAD EVER! - KITCHEN …
31 OF OUR ABSOLUTE BEST EGG SALAD RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
CREAMY EGG SALAD WITH CAPERS AND ANCHOVIES | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
THE BEST EGG SALAD WITH A CREAMY HERB DRESSING - CAFE DELITES
EGG SALAD & AVOCADO TOASTS WITH CAPERS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EGG SALAD WITH BASIL & CAPERS | RECIPES | COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
LEMON CAPER EGG SALAD RECIPE - BRIGHT AND CRUNCHY ~ MACHEESMO
CREAMY EGG SALAD WITH CAPERS AND ANCHOVIES | COOK'S …
CREAMY EGG SALAD WITH CAPERS AND ANCHOVIES | AMERICA'S …
17 CAPERS RECIPES YOU’LL HAVE TO TRY - INSANELY GOOD
EGG SALAD WITH CAPERS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
CREAMY EGG SALAD WITH CAPERS | RECIPE | EGG SALAD, EASY EGG SALAD, …
THE BEST EGG SALAD RECIPE - CHEERFUL COOK
CLASSIC EGG SALAD - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love