Fill homemade fortune cookies with personalised messages for a customised treat - ideal for any occasion, such as Chinese New Year, Christmas, Valentine's Day, birthdays and weddings
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Categories Afternoon tea, Snack, Treat
Yield Makes about 15
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160 fan/gas 4 and line a large baking sheet with baking parchment, or use a silicone baking sheet. Write or print fortunes on paper measuring 6cm long by 1cm wide.
- Put the egg whites, vanilla, almond extract, oil and 2 tsp cold water into a bowl and whisk with an electric hand whisk until frothy, 20-30 secs. Measure the flour, cornflour, sugar and a good pinch of salt into a bowl, then sift into the egg white mixture. Whisk everything together until you have a smooth batter-like consistency. Chill the mixture for 1 hr.
- Next, put a tbsp of mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Oil a metal spoon, then use the back of it to swirl the mixture out into a 8-10cm circle. Repeat with another tablespoon of the mixture, to create 2 cookies. Make sure there is space between each cookie as they will spread in the oven. It is best to only bake 2-3 cookies at a time, as you will need to shape them whilst they are hot. Sprinkle 1 of the cookies with black sesame seeds, then bake for 10-12 mins until the edges of the cookies turn golden.
- One at a time remove the cookies with a palette knife once they are out the oven. You want them to still be soft so you can shape them so work quickly. Turn the cookie over so that the sesame seeds are face down and put the fortune in the middle of the circle. Fold the circle in half to secure the fortune and pinch the 2 edges together to seal. Pop the cookie on the rim of a mug or cup and very gently pull the 2 corners down to get the fortune cookie shape. Hold for 10 secs, then transfer the cookies to muffin tins so that they hold their shape whilst cooling completely. Repeat with the remaining cookie mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 0.4 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
FORTUNE COOKIES SO EASY
Taste and look just like the ones you get at a Chinese restaurant! I was very pleased with my first attempt baking these! Adding your own personalized message allows you to create great favors for any occasion! Alternatively, I have rolled these into tube-like cigar shapes and filled them with icing for other occasions which have been a crowd pleaser!
Provided by BABYCAKES291
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets, or line with parchment paper. Have fortunes ready to go on small strips of paper.
- In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites and sugar on high speed of an electric mixer until frothy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low, and stir in melted butter, vanilla, almond extract, water and flour one at a time, mixing well after each. Consistency should resemble pancake batter. Spoon the batter into 3 inch circles on the prepared baking sheets. Leave room between for spreading.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges begin to brown slightly. Quickly remove one at a time, place a message in the center, and fold in half. Fold the ends of the half together into a horse shoe shape. If they spring open, place them in a muffin tin to cool until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52.9 calories, Carbohydrate 6.8 g, Cholesterol 6.8 mg, Fat 2.6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 22.9 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
ALMOND FORTUNE COOKIES
To make the fortunes for these cookies, cut 3- by 1/2-inch strips of paper and write or type your own fortunes with non-toxic ink. Because you must work quickly to shape the cookies, it's best to make them one at a time. Using more than one baking sheet is also helpful because you won't have to waste time waiting for the baking sheet to cool. A liquid measuring cup or deep heavy bowl is a good tool for shaping the cookies.
Yield Makes about 8 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 400°F. and butter a large round area (about 6 inches) in middle of a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk egg white just until foamy. Add flour, sugar, almonds and a pinch salt and beat until smooth. Put 2 teaspoons batter on buttered area of baking sheet and with back of measuring spoon spread batter evenly into a round about 3 inches in diameter.
- Bake cookie in middle of oven until golden around edge but pale in center, about 5 minutes. Working quickly, with a spatula remove cookie from baking sheet and invert onto a work surface. Put a fortune in middle of cookie and fold cookie in half. Bend pointed edges of cookie toward each other and hook them onto rim of a liquid measuring cup or deep heavy bowl to cool completely.
- Make more cookies with remaining batter in same manner, letting baking sheet cool between cookies. Cookies may be made 3 days ahead and kept in an airtight container.
People also searched
More about "almond fortune cookies recipes"
8 COOKIE RECIPES TO MAKE THE HOLIDAY SEASON SWEET
ALMOND MELTAWAYS COOKIES
BEST FORTUNE COOKIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SOURDOUGH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
ALMOND-FILLED FORTUNE COOKIES - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF …
KETO ALMOND COOKIES (LOW CARB, KETO FRIENDLY, THM:S)
TOP 40 FORTUNE COOKIE TEMPLATE WORD RECIPES
ALMOND FORTUNE COOKIES RECIPE BY SOUTHERN.CROCKPOT | IFOOD.TV
EASY ALMOND FORTUNE COOKIES RECIPE | LAPTRINHX / NEWS
ALMOND COOKIE RECIPES
ALMOND CHINESE FORTUNE COOKIES RECIPE
ALMOND FORTUNE COOKIES - BIGOVEN.COM
TOASTED ALMOND FORTUNE COOKIES RECIPE ON FOOD52
ALMOND FORTUNE COOKIES GUEST RECIPE L HONEST MUM
BEST FORTUNE COOKIES RECIPE- HOW TO MAKE DIY FORTUNE COOKIES
SESAME-ALMOND FORTUNE COOKIES - KIYAFRIES
BEST MOLLY YEH'S FORTUNE COOKIES RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
DIY FORTUNE COOKIES WITH TOASTED ALMOND - BAKING RECIPES
ALMOND COOKIES - EATING BIRD FOOD
SESAME-ALMOND FORTUNE COOKIES - KIYAFRIES | RECIPE - PINTEREST
CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love