SAUTéED SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS PURéE
This elegant, simple recipe is perfect for special occasions and weeknight dinners alike. Briny-sweet scallops are quickly seared, then served on a velvety emerald swath of asparagus purée for springtime flare. Keep the asparagus tips intact for texture, and follow Michael Ruhlman's tricks to bring out the vegetable's bright green hue.
Provided by Michael Ruhlman
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Asparagus: Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Salt the water generously (make it as salty as seawater). Trim the woody ends from asparagus and discard; then submerge asparagus in the boiling water. Cover with lid just until the water comes back to a boil, then uncover and cook until al dente (tender but with just a little crunch), 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice water.
- Asparagus are done when they bend without snapping. Use a spider strainer to transfer them to the ice bath; submerge and stir to immediately stop the cooking. Reserve cooking water (to thin purée). Cut asparagus tips and reserve for garnish. Cut stalks into 2-inch pieces and set aside.
- Place asparagus stalks in the blender and cover with lid; pulse a few times. Remove the smaller cap in the lid and turn blender to medium speed. Ladle in a slow stream of cooking water (about ½ cup) to help the asparagus purée. Use caution, as the water and purée are hot! Replace the cap, then purée on high speed. When the purée is smooth, strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl to remove any fibrous strands. Salt the purée to taste and set aside.
- Scallops: Place scallops on paper towels in an even layer and pat dry; this is an important step to get a nice sear. Pull off and discard any tough side-muscles (their fibers run against the grain of the rest of the scallop). Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, then add oil. (Add more as needed to coat the bottom of the skillet.) When the oil begins to ripple, add scallops in an even layer without crowding. Let cook undisturbed, 60-90 seconds. Scallops are ready to flip when they are evenly caramelized and no longer stick to the skillet. Before flipping, sprinkle with sea salt. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the asparagus purée.
- When scallops are golden brown on the first side, they should release easily from the skillet. Using a small offset spatula, flip each scallop to sear the second side; continue sautéing, 30-45 more seconds, depending on size. Remove scallops to a paper towel-lined plate and let rest while finishing the sauce.
- Add half of the asparagus tips to the warmed purée. Add butter, then swirl the saucepan continuously until all the butter has melted and emulsified into the purée to make a rich sauce.
- Immediately before serving, add the lemon juice to the asparagus sauce and stir to combine; taste and adjust seasoning. Divide the sauce among plates or large bowls, then place the scallops on the sauce. Garnish with remaining asparagus tips and serve immediately.
SCALLOPS WITH GREEN PEAS AND ASPARAGUS
Creamy, tender scallops and sweet peas and asparagus tied together with salty Parmesan and gloriously nutty brown butter.
Provided by Donal Skehan
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook the peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, then drain, reserving 100ml (1/2 cup) of the cooking water. Blitz two-thirds of the peas with half the extra-virgin olive oil, the reserved cooking water and almost all of the mint leaves. Season and set aside.
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan and sear the asparagus until lightly charred and just cooked. Set aside with the unblitzed peas and keep warm.
- Pat the scallops dry with kitchen paper. Add the butter to the hot pan and when it starts to bubble, add the scallops and sear them for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, spooning the brown butter over the top after you turn them.
- Put a splodge of pea puree onto four plates, top with the charred asparagus and peas and the golden scallops. Drizzle with the remaining extra-virgin olive oil and scatter with Parmesan shavings and the reserved mint leaves.
SAUTéED SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS MAKE AN ELEGANT DISH
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until it's hot but not smoking.
- Saute the asparagus, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate; keep the skillet off the heat (do not clean).
- Pat the scallops dry and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and heat over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Saute the scallops, turning over once, until browned and just cooked through, for 4 to 6 minutes total time. Transfer scallops to another plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add the white wine and white wine vinegar to the skillet and boil, scraping up any browned bits until liquid is reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add any accumulated scallop juices on the plate and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the butter, one piece at a time, until incorporated. Plate the scallops and asparagus, spoon the sauce over and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 559 kcal, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 124 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 52 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 1706 mg, Sugar 3 g, Fat 27 g, ServingSize 2 portions (2 Servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS
- Trim asparagus, then cut stems into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices, leaving tips whole.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté asparagus, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate, reserving skillet off heat (do not clean).
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and heat over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté half of scallops, turning over once, until browned and just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes total. Transfer scallops with tongs to another plate as cooked.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels, then add remaining tablespoon oil and heat until hot but not smoking. Sauté remaining scallops, turning over once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes total, transferring to plate. (Do not wipe out skillet after second batch.).
- Carefully add wine and vinegar to skillet (mixture may spatter) and boil, scraping up brown bits, until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 1 minute. Add any scallop juices accumulated on plate and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until incorporated.
- Add asparagus and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve scallops topped with asparagus and sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432.6, Fat 23.6, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 105.3, Sodium 819.7, Carbohydrate 10.7, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 1.7, Protein 40.9
AIR FRYER BAY SCALLOPS, ASPARAGUS, AND MUSHROOMS
This medley is great on its own but would be good served over rice too.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Add scallops, asparagus, mushrooms, olive oil, lemon-pepper seasoning, parsley, and paprika to a large bowl. Stir until evenly combined. Transfer to the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer for 8 minutes, shaking halfway through the cook time.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 68.5 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 31.3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 562.3 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
STIR-FRIED SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS
Frozen scallops are acceptable for dish if fresh are not available. Remove the shells first if you are using fresh in the Chinese dish. Cook time includes 20-minute standing time. From Ethnic Cuisine.
Provided by Julie Bs Hive
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sprinkle the scallops with half the salt. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Trim the asparagus, discarding the tough ends. Cut into 2-inch pieces and blanch in a large pan of boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a preheated wok or deep pan over high heat. Add the scallops and stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove, drain on paper towels, set aside.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok or pan over high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry until fragrant. Return the scallops and vegetables to the pan and add the pepper, rice wine, and stock. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes, then toss through the sesame oil and serve immediately.
STIR-FRIED SCALLOPS AND ASPARAGUS
Served over quick-cooking ramen noodles, this stir-fry is perfect for busy families on hurried weeknights. Not only do we love the taste, but it comes together in about half an hour. -Barbara Schindler, Napoleon, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Discard seasoning package from ramen noodles or save for another use. Cook ramen noodles according to package directions; keep warm. , Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry asparagus and red pepper until vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Add green onions and garlic, stir-fry 1 minute longer. Add scallops. Stir-fry until scallops are firm and opaque, 3 minutes. , Combine the lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; stir into skillet. Serve with ramen noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 578mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SCALLOPS AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY
Savory scallops, crisp-tender asparagus and juicy cherry tomatoes blend together beautifully in this fresh-tasting stir-fry from Lisa Lancaster of Tracy, California. Sesame oil and soy sauce delicately accent the colorful combo that's festive enough to serve when company comes.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place asparagus in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside., In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry scallops, mushrooms and garlic in canola oil until scallops are opaque and mushrooms are tender. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened. , Add the asparagus, tomatoes, onions, sesame oil and pepper; heat through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 314mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ASPARAGUS SCALLOP STIR-FRY
With the mild flavors of asparagus, mushrooms, scallops and water chestnuts, this meal-in-one truly captures the essence of spring. Mary Ann Griffin - Bowling Green, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- If scallops are large, cut in half and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, chicken broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. , In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and celery in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture and set aside., In the same skillet, stir-fry scallops in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Stir chicken broth mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294 calories, Fat 12g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 40mg cholesterol, Sodium 1153mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
THAI-STYLE SCALLOPS AND ASPARAGUS
Asian restaurants should pay more attention to dry Vouvrays. Like rieslings, which are frequently poured with Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese dishes, Vouvrays knit bright acidity into their alluring canvas of citric and floral aromas and flavors, sometimes kissed with spice or sugar. They are ready for action the minute the fragrances of ginger, coriander and lemon grass waft from the kitchen.This recipe follows the template for many Thai dishes: it starts with a curry paste that is heated and becomes the foundation for a stir-fry. The dish does require some shopping, though most of the ingredients have become mainstream. Asparagus cues the season.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, easy, quick, main course
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine the shallots, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, shrimp paste, coriander, lime zest and juice in a food processor or a large mortar. Thrash to a paste.
- Heat the oil in a heavy sauté pan on high. Add the seasoning paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the asparagus and stir. Add the scallops, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring gently, another 3 minutes. Add the fish stock, coconut milk and sriracha, simmer another 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and more sriracha to taste. Serve with the steamed jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 238, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 635 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "scallops with asparagus recipes"
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS AND PANCETTA RECIPE
- Cut off each asparagus tip into 2 1/2-inch-long pieces. (Reserve stalks for other uses.) Toss asparagus with olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in an 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 475° for 6 minutes. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Cook pancetta or bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels. Measure drippings, and add olive oil to measure 2 tablespoons.
- Sprinkle both sides of scallops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat reserved 2 tablespoons drippings and oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add scallops. Cook scallops 5 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides. (Cook in batches if scallops don't fit in the skillet without touching.) Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add orange juice and vermouth to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat, and whisk in butter.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE | HOW TO FEED A …
5/5 (7)Total Time 35 minsCategory SeafoodCalories 351 per serving
SCALLOP AND ASPARAGUS ALFREDO - BETTER HOMES
TARRAGON SCALLOPS ON ASPARAGUS SPEARS - EATINGWELL
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS SAUCE RECIPE
47 FISH RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT BIG CATCH | EPICURIOUS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS RELISH | EMERILS.COM
SEARED SCALLOP SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS AND SCALLIONS RECIPE
THE CHATGPT RECIPE THAT LEFT A MICHELIN-STAR CHEF STUNNED
SCALLOP AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
ASPARAGUS WITH SCALLOPS, BROWNED BUTTER AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPE
SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRILLED SCALLOPS WITH CORN AND ASPARAGUS | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW …
SAFFRON AND ASPARAGUS SEA SCALLOPS | METRO
FRIED CHEESE AND CHICKPEAS IN SPICY TOMATO GRAVY RECIPE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #seafood #vegetables #romantic #spring #seasonal #scallops #shellfish #asparagus #taste-mood
You'll also love