TUSCAN FISH PACKETS
My husband does a lot of fishing, so I'm always looking for different ways to serve his catches. A professional chef was kind enough to share this recipe with me, and I played around with some different veggie combinations until I found the one my family liked best. -Kathy Morrow, Hubbard, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, zucchini, onion, garlic, wine, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper., Rinse fish and pat dry. Place each fillet on an 18x12-inch piece of heavy-duty foil; season with remaining salt and pepper. Spoon bean mixture over fish; top with lemon slices. Fold foil around fish and crimp edges to seal. Transfer packets to a baking sheet., Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes. Be careful of escaping steam when opening packets.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 83mg cholesterol, Sodium 658mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
WOLFGANG PUCK'S SEA BASS IN PUFF PASTRY RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: olive oil, celery, leek, carrot, salt, white pepper, heavy cream, whole sea bas, black pepper, fresh tarragon, puff pastry, eggs, fresh parsley, lemon wedge, white wine, lemon juice, shallots, fresh tarragon, heavy cream, butter, salt, pepper, chive
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add the celery, leeks, carrots, and a pinch of salt and white pepper, and sauté until the vegetables start to cook down.
- Add the cream and stir to coat the vegetables. Cook until the cream is thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out both sheets of puff pastry until they are ⅓-inch thick. Transfer one sheet of puff pastry to the baking sheet.
- Cut the sea bass along the back to remove the spine, then butterfly open. Season with salt, pepper, and the tarragon.
- Scoop the cooked vegetables onto one side of the fish, then fold over the other fillet.
- Transfer the fish to the center of the sheet of puff pastry.
- Brush egg wash around the fish, then lay on the second sheet of puff pastry, pressing around the fish to seal. Use a paring knife to cut away the excess puff pastry in the shape of a fish.
- Brush the top of the puff pastry with egg wash and use the leftover pastry scraps to decorate the fish with an eye and gills. Use the tip of the knife or the large opening of a pastry tip to draw scales on the body and tail.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Make the Chive Butter Sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the wine, lemon juice, shallots, and tarragon. Reduce until only a ¼ cup (60 ml) of liquid remains. Add the cream and reduce until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Slowly whisk in the butter, 1 piece at a time, until the sauce is glossy and thickened.
- Remove the tarragon stem and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chives.
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ (190℃). When the oven is heated. Bake the fish for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Transfer the fish to a platter and garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
- To serve, cut the fish into individual portions and plate with a drizzle of Chive Butter Sauce.
PUCK'S PACKET O' FISH
This light and flavorful dish is New-Year's-Resolution-Friendly! Using the en Papillote technique benefits the delicate texture and taste of fish and shellfish without compromising moisture retention. I like to use NZ Orange Roughy if available. Wolfgang Puck says, "Use whatever really fresh fish fillets you find such as red snapper, bass, trout, or pike; or try shrimp instead. Vary the seasonings in any way you like. For example, use toasted sesame oil, grated ginger, minced garlic, and a splash of soy sauce for an Asian variation. Or substitute cilantro, minced jalapeño, and a little lime juice for a Mexican flavor." We really enjoyed this served with rice.
Provided by Sandi From CA
Categories Orange Roughy
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Adjust the oven shelf to the middle position and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cut 6 pieces of aluminum foil, each large enough to completely and comfortably enclose one portion of the fish fillets and julienned vegetables in a single layer.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss together the juliennes of carrot, leek, and turnip. Divide half of the mixture evenly among the pieces of foil, forming beds in the center of each piece. Arrange the fish fillets neatly on top of the vegetables. Drizzle the fillets evenly with olive oil. Arrange the remaining vegetables on top, then cover with lemon slices and 2 herb sprigs per portion.
- Close the foil around each fish, bringing the edges of the foil neatly together. Working all along the edges from one end to the other, double-pleat the foil edges together to form airtight packages. Place the packages side by side on a baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake until the foil packets have puffed up like balloons, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer each foil packet to a dinner plate. Warn your guests in advance to watch out for and keep clear of the steam inside each. Then, with the tip of a sharp knife, puncture each packet to let out some of the steam and let everyone carefully open their packets to eat the fish and vegetables. You can even spoon some rice or potatoes right into the packet and eat!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Fat 1.8, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 103.9, Sodium 164.5, Carbohydrate 5.5, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 1.9, Protein 43.7
WOLFGANG PUCK'S GEFILTE FISH
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 15 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place matzoh meal in a bowl, mix with 1 cup fish stock and set aside.
- Place cabbages in a large pot of simmering water and as leaves soften, carefully remove them. You will need about 15 large unbroken leaves or twice that many smaller leaves, which can be put together overlapping to make a large leaf. Rinse softened leaves under cold running water, dry and cut away any large central ribs.
- Heat oil in a small skillet and saute onion until translucent.
- Cube fish, season with salt and pepper and process, using a pulse mechanism, in a food processor. Fish should have some texture. Alternatively, fish can be ground in a meat grinder or ordered ground from fish market.
- Mix fish with onion, parsley and tarragon. Season with pepper. Lightly beat egg yolks and mix in, then add matzoh meal.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, then fold in. Taste mixture for seasoning by poaching a small amount in water, then allowing to cool briefly.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of fish mixture in a cabbage leaf or leaves and roll to enclose fish mixture completely, making a package. Repeat until all fish mixture is used.
- Heat remaining stock in large saucepan and add vinegar. Place cabbage rolls, seam side down, in the saucepan and scatter the carrots and leeks over them. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Let cool completely in the stock. Remove fish rolls from stock and refrigerate until a half-hour before serving. Serve with fresh horseradish.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 159, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 704 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
People also searched
More about "pucks packet o fish recipes"
EASY BAKED FISH IN FOIL PACKETS - TARA ROCHFORD NUTRITION
5/5 (1)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Spread the remaining olive oil on the foil (this is to prevent the fish and vegetables from sticking to the foil).
20 EASY FISH FOIL PACKET DINNERS FOR HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS
10 BEST FISH FOIL PACKETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FISH EN PAPILLOTE - EASY BAKED FISH IN PARCHMENT WITH …
PUCKS PACKET O FISH RECIPES
SEAFOOD RECIPES | WOLFGANG PUCK COOKING SCHOOL
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE FISH IN PARCHMENT - MARISA MOORE NUTRITION
PUCK'S PACKET O' FISH RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE - PINTEREST
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : PUCK'S PACKET O' FISH
FISH IN FOIL PACKETS RECIPE WITH LEMON BUTTER - MELANIE COOKS
PUCK’S PACKET O’ FISH - LUNCHLEE
PULLED PORK PIZZA POCKETS - SHAW SIMPLE SWAPS
PUCK’S PACKET O’ FISH – RECIPEFUEL | RECIPES, MEAL PLANS, DIET AND ...
BEST BAKED FISH PACKETS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
PUCKS - DEFINITION OF PUCKS BY THE FREE DICTIONARY
BEST 25 FISH IN FOIL PACKETS RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love