OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM
The intense raspberry flavor of this jam makes it a longtime favorite. Warming the sugar beforehand keeps the jam boiling evenly and ensures success.
Provided by Eleanor Topp
Categories Condiment/Spread Fruit Breakfast Brunch Raspberry Summer Edible Gift Boil Fat Free Kidney Friendly Vegan Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 4 cups (1 L)
Number Of Ingredients 2
- 1. Place sugar in an ovenproof shallow pan and warm in a 250°F (120°C) oven for 15 minutes. (Warm sugar dissolves better.)
- 2. Place berries in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat, mashing berries with a potato masher as they heat. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3. Add warm sugar, return to a boil, and boil until mixture will form a gel (see tips, below), about 5 minutes.
- 4. Ladle into sterilized jars and process as directed for Shorter Time Processing Procedure .
- Tip: To make a small boiling-water canner, tie several screw bands together with string or use a small round cake rack in the bottom of a large covered Dutch oven. Be sure the pan is high enough for 2 inches (5 cm) of water to cover the jars when they are sitting on the rack.
OLD-FASHIONED BLUEBERRY JAM
This is such an easy jelly and comes together very quickly. It also makes a great gift for friends and family!-Kay Laney, North Liberty, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 half-pints.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a Dutch oven, bring blueberries and water to a boil; mash and stir for 5 minutes. Add sugar and honey; boil gently, uncovered, over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. , To test for doneness: Remove from heat; spoon about 1 tablespoon of hot jam onto a chilled plate and set plate in freezer until the jam has cooled to room temperature, 1-2 minutes. When the cooled jam holds its shape when mounded with a spoon, the jam has reached its desired thickness. If necessary, return to heat and repeat test after additional cooking. , Skim off any foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. of headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in boiling-water canner.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
People also searched
More about "old fashioned raspberry jam recipes"
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - MUMMY IS COOKING
Category CondimentEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
OLD-FASHIONED NO PECTIN RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE • THE …
4.4/5 (52)Category Preserving FoodCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
DELICIOUS RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE (WITHOUT PECTIN) - RURAL …
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - LAVENDER AND LOVAGE
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE | THE BEST OLD FASHIONED JAM
SPICY SWEET RASPBERRY PEPPER JAM | OLD FASHIONED …
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE - NO PECTIN (3 INGREDIENTS)
MAKING JAM WITH STEVIA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
NO FAIL RASPBERRY JAM - BEST OLD FASHIONED JAM RECIPE - PINTEREST
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM | HOMEMADE RASPBERRY JAM, …
THE ALCHEMY OF FRUIT & SUGAR: ONE PUNNET RASPBERRY JAM
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY BLUEBERRY JAM - SEED TO PANTRY
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM BEST RECIPES
RASPBERRY PIE FILLING CANNED - IGFX.PFERDE-ZIRKEL.INFO
OLD SCHOOL RECIPES DESSERTS - IUWG.FOTOPACHOLSKI.PL
VINTAGE RECIPES 1940S - TAXK.CASCINADIMAGGIO.IT
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - NO PECTIN RECIPE
OLD SCHOOL TRAY BAKE RECIPE - YJKBH.FOTOPACHOLSKI.PL
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY FREEZER JAM - INSPIRATIONAL MOMMA
OLD FASHIONED PENNY CANDY WHOLESALE - UDS.DOTTORESSALULJAMITAJ.IT
STEVIA JAM RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make raspberries Jam?Directions Step 1 Bring raspberries to a boil in a very large pot. Cook for 4 minutes. Add sugar and lemon juice; stir well. Bring... Step 2 Remove pot from heat and pour jam into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch of space at the top. Seal and transfer...
How do you thicken raspberry jam with lemon juice?Over low heat, bring the raspberries and sugar to a boil. Then add the right amount of lemon juice. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until the jam begins to thicken. To test this, spoon out a small amount and place it on a cold plate to chill quickly.
How do you make sure jelly with raspberries?Step 1: Combine raspberries and sugar a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Step 2: In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Step 3: Stir Sure-Jell into boiling water until completely dissolved. Step 4: Pour this into the raspberry mixture.
How do you cook fresh raspberries?To do this, preheat your oven to 250°F and place 6 cups of sugar in a baking dish and bake it for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare your berries by placing fresh raspberries in a large 5-quart stock pot. Bring them to a boil over medium-high heat, mashing with a potato masher. Once they reach a full boil, boil hard for one minute.