WORLD'S BEST LEMON PIE
Mother's pies were always so wonderful, with tender, flaky crusts. Through the year we enjoyed berry and apple pies, but in summer the order of the day was this lemon pie recipe-so light and refreshing! -Phyllis Kirsling, Junction City, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir 1 cup of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to saucepan. Bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, lemon juice and zest until smooth. Pour into pastry shell. In a bowl, beat egg whites and salt until stiff but not dry peaks are formed. Gradually beat in sugar until soft peaks form. Spread over pie, sealing edges to pastry. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden. Cool. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 89mg cholesterol, Sodium 286mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 4g protein.
LEMON PIE DIP
Make and share this Lemon Pie Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a bowl, whisk the condensed milk and lemon juice together until well blended.
- Chill for 2 hours; serve with graham cracker sticks.
- Serving suggestion-serve dip in hollowed out lemons.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163.1, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 16.9, Sodium 63.2, Carbohydrate 28.3, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 27.4, Protein 4
LEMON MERINGUE PIE DIP
This no-bake pie dip comes together quickly and promises all the sweet-tart flavors of the traditional version but without the hassle of baking up a crust.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- For the dip: Combine the lemon curd, lemon zest and juice and salt in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and combined, about 2 minutes. Fold in the whipped topping with a spatula. Transfer the filling to a 9-inch pie plate and refrigerate, covered, 2 hours and up to overnight.
- For the meringue topping: Beat the egg whites and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until foamy, about 2 minutes. Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peaks form, about 4 minutes. While beating, add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon large dollops of meringue onto the chilled pie. Use a kitchen torch to evenly brown the meringue peaks. Serve with shortbread cookies for dipping.
LEMON MERINGUE DIP
This is another dip to make so you can use the 7-UP Pie Crust Dippers. If you love lemon meringue pie you will love this. You do not have to go to all the trouble if would rather just make the cake mix dip or instant pudding dip. But this is so good. A hit at any party of social gathering. (But you may want to sit in a...
Provided by Pat Duran
Categories Other Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. Whisk egg yolks and juice over medium heat in small saucepan, heat and stir until custard like, about 5 minutes. Place this mixture in the refrigerator to chill.
- 2. In a mixer bowl whisk egg whites, corn syrup, and cream of tartar on high until stiff peak form. set aside.
- 3. Remove yolk mixture from fridge and whisk in the sweetened condensed milk. Blend well. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish (suitable for serving at buffet table). Heap and spread meringue on top of lemon sauce. Place in oven and broil 1 to 2 minutes until meringue is slightly browned. Refrigerate to chill. Make sure dish can go from hot to cold, so it does not break.Corning or pyrex is fine, or metal. Serve with 7-UP Pie Crust Dippers.https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cookies/7-up-pie-crust-dippers.html?p=3
More about "lemon pie dip recipes"
LEMON PIE CHEESECAKE DIP – LEMON TREE DWELLING
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory DessertsCalories 79 per serving
- Unwrap cream cheese and microwave it for 10 seconds. Beat cream cheese on medium high speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- With mixer off, add heavy whipping cream. Slowly mix on low speed until liquid has been incorporated. Turn mixer to medium high and beat for 2-3 minutes.
EASY NO-BAKE LEMON MERINGUE PIE DIP - FORKLY
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
LEMON CREAM PIE CHEESECAKE DIP • FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
BANANA CREAM PIE DIP RECIPE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
LEMON MERINGUE PIE DIP - SOMETHING SWANKY DESSERT …
EASY LEMON CREAM PIE DIP RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
Reviews 16Category DessertsServings 8Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
LEMON MERINGUE PIE SWEET DIP RECIPE | GROWING UP GABEL
LEMON PIE DIP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LEMON PIE CHEESECAKE DIP - LUCKY LEAF
DELICIOUS PIE DIPS | CLASSIC COMFORT FOOD RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK
LEMON PIE - ALLRECIPES
LEMON PIE DIP FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
LEMON PIE DIP - DIVINE LIFESTYLE | PIE DIP, LEMON PIE, DIP RECIPES
LEMON MERINGUE PIE DIP – RECIPES NETWORK
LEMON PIE DIP - COOKEATSHARE
MY BEST LEMON MERINGUE PIE RECIPE - DRIZZLEANDDIP.COM
EASY LEMON PIE CHEESECAKE DIP RECIPE | BEYOND FROSTING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #preparation #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #appetizers #easy #dips #dietary #low-sodium #high-calcium #high-in-something #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love