FIVE BEAN PICNIC SALAD
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous sprinkling of salt and the fresh beans, and cook until the beans are just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain the beans in a colander, and shock in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and set aside.
- Place the fresh and canned beans, scallions, bell pepper, parsley, marjoram, and Champagne Vinaigrette in a large bowl, and toss to combine. Season the salad to taste with salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
FIVE BEAN PICNIC SALAD
This is Gina Neely's go to recipe when she wants to satisfy a crowd at a barbeque, church potluck or company. From the Down Home Neely's Cookbook. For some reason, the computer will not let me say champagne vinaigrette, so I put it in parentheses). :)
Provided by Sharon123
Categories < 30 Mins
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a couple pinches salt and the fresh beans, and cook until beans are just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain beans in a colander, and shock in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and set aside.
- Put the fresh and canned beans, scallions, bell pepper, parsley, marjoram, and Champagne vinaigrette in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper and hot sauce to taste. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249.1, Fat 1.7, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 600.8, Carbohydrate 43.7, Fiber 12.2, Sugar 3.1, Protein 12.2
In Ottawa, Illinois, Jeanette Simec combines five kinds of beans with an oil-and-vinegar dressing in this colorful classic that's great to take to picnics or potluck, "Everyone loves the variety of beans in this simple salad," she writes. "My husband, Chuck, just can't get enough of it."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161 calories, Fat 5g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 496mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
FIVE BEAN SALAD WITH CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and add in the fresh green beans. Cook until the beans are just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and shock the beans in ice water to halt the cooking process. Strain the beans once more and set them aside.
- Put the fresh and canned beans, scallions, bell pepper, Italian parsley, marjoram, if using, and Champagne Vinaigrette into a large serving bowl, and toss everything together to combine. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Serve and enjoy.
- Mix together the garlic, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, hot sauce, salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow continuous stream until the dressing has emulsified. Alternatively, you can add the ingredients to food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
More about "five bean picnic salad recipes"
THREE BEAN SALAD RECIPE | SIMPLYMEAL
FIVE BEAN PICNIC SALAD | PICNIC SALAD RECIPES, RECIPES, FIVE BEAN SALAD
TOP 5 FIVE BEAN SALAD - CUISINE.BEST
FIVE BEAN SALAD FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
FIVE BEAN SALAD - CHEFS CLUB RECIPES
FIVE BEAN PICNIC SALAD - PINTEREST.COM
20 BEAN SALAD RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT PICNIC | TASTE OF HOME
FIVE-BEAN PICNIC SALAD RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
FIVE-BEAN PICNIC SALAD - MILES FARMERS MARKET
FIVE BEAN PICNIC SALAD RECIPES
FIVE BEAN PICNIC SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
15 MINUTE 5 BEAN SALAD - FOOD WINE AND LOVE
THE BEST EASY 5 BEAN SALAD RECIPE - FRUGAL MOM EH!
5 BEAN SALAD RECIPE (VEGAN + GLUTEN-FREE!) - MAE'S MENU
ADDICTING FIVE BEAN SALAD - CHEFS CLUB RECIPES
You'll also love