PERFECT VEAL CHOP RECIPE (QUICK AND EASY)
These Veal Chops are quick and easy to make, with a taste that's better than a Michelin star restaurant. Bone-in veal chops are marinated with fresh rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper, then tenderized to succulent perfection! Drizzle them with homemade rosemary butter sauce for the most delicious dinner!
Provided by Izzy
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the veal chops in a shallow dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then add minced rosemary and thyme.
- Rub the olive oil and seasoning onto all sides of the veal chops.
- Let the veal chops marinate sit at room temperature for 15-60 minutes before cooking. (Ideally let them marinate for 1 hour. DO NOT skip this step, or your veal chops won't be cooked evenly.)
- Place a large skillet over medium heat for a few minutes until hot. Add the remaining olive oil. Once hot, add smashed garlic and cook until the clove just turned brown. Discard the garlic.
- Increase the heat to high and then add the marinated veal chops to the pan (make sure the chops are at room temperature). Cook for about 2 minutes or until the undersides have turned golden brown.
- Flip the veal chops and cook the other side for about 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Add chicken broth to the pan. Once it starts to simmer, cover the pan with a lid and let the chops braise for 5- 8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F on an instant-read thermometer. (Refer to the notes for other doneness levels.)
- Remove the chops to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm (Don't discard the juices in the pan). Let them rest for 5-10 minutes to let the juices retreat back into the meat.
- In the meantime, leave about 1/4 cup of the juices in the pan. Increase the heat to medium-high, and add wine, butter, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chops. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 552 kcal, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 43 g, Fat 40 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 194 mg, Sodium 577 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 23 g, ServingSize 1 serving
GRILLED VEAL CHOPS WITH ROSEMARY
- Whisk oil, wine, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper to blend in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Add veal chops to dish and turn to coat with marinade. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour or refrigerate up to 4 hours, turning veal occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Remove veal from marinade, shaking off excess. Season veal with salt and pepper. Lightly oil grill. Grill or broil veal to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to platter. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve.
HERBED VEAL CHOPS
- In a dish large enough to accomodate the 4 chops, combine olive oil, lime juice, and garlic; sprinkle half of each of the herbs on top. Season chops with pepper, and set in marinade. Turn chops over several times to coat both sides well. Sprinkle the remaining herbs on top of chops, and turn several times. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature to marinate, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to hot. Season chops with salt, and place on grill. Cook until chops are medium rare, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat, and transfer to a serving dish.
GRILLED LEMON-PARSLEY VEAL CHOPS
- For veal:
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Arrange veal chops in 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Pour marinade over chops; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- For topping:
- Stir together Italian parsley, lemon peel, rosemary, and garlic in small bowl to blend.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Remove chops from marinade and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Grill chops until cooked to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer chops to serving platter; sprinkle each with topping.
People also searched
More about "veal chop marinade recipes"
VEAL CHOPS IN HERBED MARINADE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
Servings 8Total Time 35 mins
LEMON-GARLIC MARINATED GRILLED VEAL CHOP - INSPIRED …
Cuisine American, ItalianCategory DinnerServings 2
GRILLED VEAL CHOPS WITH MUSTARD | RICARDO
5/5 (30)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main Dishes
EASY GRILLED VEAL CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TUSCAN-STYLE VEAL CHOP RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
VEAL CHOPS : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST MARINATED VEAL RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST GRILLED VEAL CHOPS - SOUFFLE BOMBAY
HERB-MARINATED VEAL CHOPS | RICARDO
5/5 (5)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main Dishes
TOP 43 RECIPE FOR VEAL CHOPS MARINATED RECIPES
10 BEST BAKED VEAL CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
15 VEAL RECIPES ITALIAN - SELECTED RECIPES
VEAL CHOP MARINADE - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
PAN-ROASTED VEAL CHOPS WITH CABERNET SAUCE RECIPE
GRILLED VEAL CHOPS - VEAL – DISCOVER DELICIOUS
GRILLED VEAL CHOPS WITH GARLIC HERB CRUST - GARLIC & ZEST
VEAL CHOP MARINADE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
VEAL RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you marinate veal chops?Add the veal chops and thoroughly coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. If possible, turn the chops once during the marinating. Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate. Remove the chops from the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
What is in a veal rib chop?Ingredients. 1 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling. 2 2 garlic cloves, minced. 3 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves. 4 1/4 cup sage leaves. 5 Four 12-ounce veal rib chops, cut 1 inch thick. 6 Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
How to cook veal chops on a charcoal grill?Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate. Lower the burners to medium. Remove the veal chops from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill until medium rare, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with Carrot Papillotes.
What is the best way to cook veal chops with wine?Try this with a local dry red wine such as Sangiovese di Romagna or Gutturnio. 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried Whisk oil, wine, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper to blend in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Add veal chops to dish and turn to coat with marinade.