THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH
This easy pizza dough recipe is the key to making an extraordinary homemade pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results! -Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 crusts (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, mix warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar; add yeast and whisk until dissolved. Let stand until bubbles form on surface. In a large bowl, whisk 3 cups flour, salt, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar and, if desired, dried herbs. Make a well in center; add yeast mixture and oil. Stir until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead, adding more flour to surface as needed until no longer sticky and dough is smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a large greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes; transfer bowl to refrigerator and chill overnight. Allow dough to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes, before rolling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 121mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
THE BEST PIZZA CRUST
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, dry milk, butter or margarine, yeast, and warm water. Gather into a ball. Turn out an a lightly floured surface, and knead until the dough is smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover with a damp cloth, and place in a warm spot for 2 hours.
- Punch down the dough. Roll out to fit a 14 inch pizza pan. Allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C) until crust is a very light brown color. Remove from oven.
- Place desired toppings on the pizza. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toppings are done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 0.1 mg, Fat 1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 166.6 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
For your next pizza night at home, make Bobby Flay's homemade Pizza Dough recipe from Food Network, and finish it with your favorite toppings.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 2 (14-inch) pizza crusts
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH EVER
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a bowl.
- Stir in oil, sugar, salt and FOUR cups of the flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface.
- Knead in enough flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Knead til smooth 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place til double in size (about 45 minutes).
- Add your favorite toppings of tomato sauce, seasonings like oregano, sweet basil, chili powder, and toppings like bacon, ham, pineapple, pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper or cooked hamburger and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizzas 425°F for 25-30 minutes.
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH IN THE WORLD!!!!
- Mix the flour salt and yeast together in a mixing bowl. Use a mixer or metal spoon and stir in the olive oil and water until the flour is all absorbed about 5 to 7 minutes. if you are having a sticking issue dip the spoon or your hand in cold water.
- Dust the counter top with flour and transfer the dough over to it. Nead it into a ball and then seperate into six pieces or less dipending on the size of the pizza you want. Take tupaware containers and spray with oil. Add dough to the containers and put in fridge to rise overnight.In the fridge it will keep for 3 days or you can freeze up to 3 months (make sure you cover in oil before freezing).
- On the day you plan to make the pizza remove the dough from the fridge 2 hours before cooking preheat oven to the highest temp it will go usually about 550F or higher.Toss or role the dough to your desired thickness I prefer thin and place on pan dusted with cornmeal. Add toppings ( remember less is more with a good pizza about 3 to 4 toppings plus cheese and sauce) and bake for 5-8 minutes. If top is done before bottom move pizza to a lower shelf and finish.
- Let the pizza rest a few minutes before cutting to let the cheese set alittle and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.4, Fat 0.9, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 341, Carbohydrate 37.4, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 0.2, Protein 6.3
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA RECIPE BY TASTY
Making homemade pizza dough can sound like a lot of work, but it's so worth the bragging rights. The dough itself requires few ingredients and just a little bit of rising and rest time. While you wait for the dough to be ready, you can get to work prepping your tomato sauce, chopping fresh vegetables, or grating the cheese you'll put on top. Bake for 15 minutes, garnish with basil (or, let's be real, more cheese), and enjoy showing off your way-better-than-takeout creation.
Provided by Brenda Blanco
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- "Bloom" the yeast by sprinkling the sugar and yeast in the warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes, until bubbles form on the surface.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the middle and add the olive oil and bloomed yeast mixture. Using a spoon, mix until a shaggy dough begins to form.
- Once the flour is mostly hydrated, turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for 10-15 minutes. The dough should be soft, smooth, and bouncy. Form the dough into a taut round.
- Grease a clean, large bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for at least an hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead for another minute or so, then cut into 4 equal portions and shape into rounds.
- Lightly flour the dough, then cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for another 30 minutes to an hour while you prepare the sauce and any other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven as high as your oven will allow, between 450-500˚F (230-260˚C). Place a pizza stone, heavy baking sheet (turn upside down so the surface is flat), or cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce: Add the salt to the can of tomatoes and puree with an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Once the dough has rested, take a portion and start by poking the surface with your fingertips, until bubbles form and do not deflate.
- Then, stretch and press the dough into a thin round. Make it thinner than you think it should be, as it will slightly shrink and puff up during baking.
- Sprinkle semolina onto an upside down baking sheet and place the stretched crust onto it. Add the sauce and ingredients of your choice.
- Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone or pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust and cheese are golden brown.
- Add any garnish of your preference.
- Nutrition Calories: 1691 Fat: 65 grams Carbs: 211 grams Fiber: 12 grams Sugars: 60 grams Protein: 65 grams
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302 calories, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 1 gram
WORLD'S BEST PIZZA CRUST
My mom makes the best pizza crust on several continents. It's fast and easy. Excellent as a white pizza or traditional red sauce, any toppings go.
Provided by Isabeau
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 1 pizza, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Beat in ½ flour.
- Add salt, oil and rest of flour (add more if needed to make handle-able dough).
- Rise in oiled bowl.
- Place on greased pan.
- Add sauce, cheese, etc.
- Bake at 450 20 -25 minutes (til brown).
People also searched
More about "the best pizza dough recipes"
BEST PIZZA DOUGH - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
4.9/5 (656)Calories 265 per servingCategory Main Dish
- In the bowl of your stand up mixer (or a large bowl if you knead by hand) add the warm water and sugar, sprinkle the yeast on top, let sit for 5-10 minutes, then stir to combine. Continue with Machine or Hand.
- Add the olive oil, flour and salt, with the hook attachment start to combine on low speed #1, scrape the hook and then raise to medium speed #2 and knead for approximately 5-7 minutes or until you have a smooth elastic dough (scrape the hook halfway through kneading).
- Add the olive oil, flour and salt, then with a fork mix until the dough starts to come together. On a lightly floured surface remove dough from the bowl and knead until dough is smooth and elastic approximately 10 minutes (if dough is really sticky add a little extra flour).
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, roll the dough to cover lightly with the oil, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a large clean kitchen towel, leave in a warm draft free area until doubled in bulk, approximately 2 hours.**
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
5/5 Total Time 1 hrCategory Main CourseCalories 113 per serving
- Combine 1 cup (125g) of flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. If desired, add garlic powder and dried basil at this point as well.
- Gradually add another 1 cup (125g) of flour. Add any additional flour as needed (I've found that sometimes I need as much as an additional ⅓ cup), stirring until the dough is forming into a cohesive, elastic ball and is beginning to pull away from the sides of the bowl (see video above recipe for visual cue). The dough will still be slightly sticky but still should be manageable with your hands.
- Drizzle a separate, large, clean bowl generously with olive oil and use a pastry brush to brush up the sides of the bowl.
WE TRIED 4 POPULAR PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES - HERE'S THE BEST …
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE. POSSIBLY EVER. SERIOUSLY.
20 BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE PIZZA CRUST AT …
15 BEST GRILLED PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE — SALT & BAKER
I AM LOOKING FOR THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE. : R/RECIPES - REDDIT
PIZZA HUT BREADSTICKS - THE COUNTRY COOK
THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - TASTE AND TELL
BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE | QUICK & EASY | KITCHENAID IE
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE – BEST EVER HOMEMADE PIZZA! | RECIPETIN EATS
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE WITH ACTIVE DRY YEAST
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE FOR NEAPOLITAN STYLE PIZZA
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH - TASTE OF HOME
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - EIGHTY RECIPES
BEST SOURDOUGH PIZZA CRUST (NO STEEL OR STONE!)
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE FOR A WOOD-FIRED PIZZA OVEN
OONI PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - SAVOR THE BEST
BEST ST LOUIS STYLE PIZZA RECIPE | SEMASHOW.COM
You'll also love