MUSHROOM AND GARLIC QUINOA SALAD RECIPE BY TASTY
- In a medium-sized frying pan combine oil, mushrooms, thyme, and salt, then mix. Allow to cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook for 6-8 more minutes minutes until mushrooms are sufficiently cooked through and beginning to crisp up. Set mushroom mixture aside.
- Combine vegetable stock and water in pan, bring to a boil, then add quinoa and cover. Simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture to quinoa and garnish with grated cheese of your choice (optional).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 876 calories, Carbohydrate 88 grams, Fat 49 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 17 grams, Sugar 11 grams
QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS
Quinoa is a healthy grain that can be substituted in most recipes for rice or couscous. I recently experimented with quinoa and made this dish which my husband and I both love. This easy-to-make and tasty side dish is similar to a pilaf.
Provided by Jen Cardenas
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the quinoa to the melted butter and let it brown, about 3 minutes. Pour the chicken broth over the quinoa; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in the sauteed mushroom mixture and cook another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.5 calories, Carbohydrate 30.6 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 103.4 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
QUINOA, SPINACH AND MUSHROOM SALAD
This is almost a classic spinach and mushroom salad, but it's bulked up by the quinoa, which goes very well with the mix and is nicely complemented by the walnuts.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, salads and dressings
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place the quinoa in a strainer and rinse several times with cold water. Place in a medium saucepan with 1 1/4 cups water and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 15 minutes, until the grains display a threadlike spiral and the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat, remove the lid and place a dish towel over the pan, then return the lid to the pan and let sit for 10 minutes or longer undisturbed. Transfer to a salad bowl and fluff with forks. Allow to cool.
- Add the spinach, mushrooms, walnuts, parsley and optional cheese to the bowl. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss with the salad just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 173, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 374 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
MUSHROOM QUINOA SALAD
- Rinse the quinoa in plenty of cold water and place in a medium saucepan. Add boiling vegetable stock and bring back to the boil. Simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes until the stock is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan and saute onion for 2-3 minutes, add the garlic a fry for another minute. Add sliced mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Finally, add the thyme leaves. Stir fry the mushrooms for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- In a small bowl, mix the cooked quinoa with olive oil, add mushrooms and tomatoes, mix well. Check the seasoning and add more salt or pepper if you like. Scatter fresh parsley on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 590.9, Fat 32.1, SaturatedFat 4.3, Sodium 147, Carbohydrate 66.3, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 2.3, Protein 12.7
People also searched
More about "quinoa mushroom salad recipes"
MUSHROOM QUINOA SALAD - GLUTEN-FREE & COMFORTING - BELLY LAMA
Cuisine AmericanCategory SaladServings 4Total Time 35 mins
- When onions are lightly golden/caramelized, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil and sliced mushrooms to the pan. Lower the heat and sauté for about 10 minutes stirring from time to time until the mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- Add crème fraîche to the pan, followed by salt and pepper, stir gently to coat the cooked mushrooms with crème and cover.
THREE-MUSHROOM-AND-QUINOA SALAD RECIPE - BEN TOWILL - FOOD
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr
- Preheat the oven to 375°. On a small baking sheet, toast the pine nuts for 7 minutes, until they are lightly golden. Transfer the pine nuts to a very large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and lemon juice. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the onion is golden, about 5 minutes. Add the quinoa, broth and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the quinoa is tender and all of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 minutes; transfer to a baking sheet and let cool.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the cremini mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to the bowl with the toasted pine nuts. Add another 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Add half of the portobellos, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes; transfer to the bowl. Repeat with 2 more tablespoons of oil and the remaining portobellos; transfer to the bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the hen-of-the-woods mushrooms to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook until golden, 7 to 8 minutes; add to the bowl.
QUINOA MUSHROOMS SALAD - EASY, FAST AND HEALTHY - ALEXA'S CUISINE
Servings 2Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner
- In a medium pot add quinoa, water or vegetable/chicken stock and season it up with salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Place the lid on and let is simmer for 15 minutes to get all the liquid absorbed and get the quinoa softened. Remove quinoa from the heat and fluff it with a fork.
- On medium size skillet heat oil, add finely diced onions, mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes until onion is translucent and mushrooms cooked. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS AND SCALLIONS - GREEN VALLEY KITCHEN
QUINOA SALAD WITH MUSHROOMS, PECANS, CRANBERRIES
QUINOA AND PORCINI MUSHROOM SALAD | SALADMASTER RECIPES
HARISSA CARROT AND PARSNIP SALAD WITH QUINOA | THE FIRST MESS
WARM MUSHROOM FETA QUINOA SALAD RECIPE - TDPELMEDIA.COM
QUINOA SALAD RECIPES - 4 RECIPES | NIFTYRECIPE.COM
WARM MUSHROOM FETA QUINOA SALAD FOR LUNCH OR DINNER
MUSHROOM QUINOA SALAD W/ APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE - SHOW ME …
FRESH MUSHROOM QUINOA SALAD WITH HOMEMADE PICKLED ONIONS
15 QUINOA SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
QUINOA SALAD WITH MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH - VEGAN HEAVEN
QUINOA KALE MUSHROOM SALAD - ASCENSION KITCHEN
MOREL MUSHROOM AND QUINOA SALAD - THE SOPHISTICATED CAVEMAN
ASIAN QUINOA AND MUSHROOM SALAD – GREAT TASTES OF MANITOBA
QUINOA SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
QUINOA & SHIITAKE MUSHROOM SALAD – CHICKFOODTV
ROBIN'S QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH
You'll also love