BOILED BEEF DINNER, CREOLE STYLE (PUCHERO CRIOLLO)
Posted for ZWT7- Central and South America. Puchero is a famous Argentine boiled dinner, much like our own New England variety, except the ingredients and flavor are quite different. I found this on the internet.
Provided by CJAY8248
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 pot boiled dinner, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine soup, water, and beef in a large, heavy saucepan; cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add chicken wings, carrots, onions, and turnips; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; simmer 15 minutes more, or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon off fat.
- Arrange meat and vegetables on a heated platter; serve broth as soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 793.4, Fat 39.1, SaturatedFat 13.2, Cholesterol 193.4, Sodium 1744.2, Carbohydrate 51.7, Fiber 8.2, Sugar 8.1, Protein 59.9
TRADITIONAL BOILED DINNER
Corned beef is a real treat in our family and we love the savory flavor the vegetables pick up from simmering in the pickling spices. -Joy Strasser, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the brisket and contents of spice packet in a Dutch oven. Add the peppercorns, bay leaves and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is almost tender. , Add potatoes, carrots and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add cabbage, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaves and peppercorns. Thinly slice meat; serve with vegetables and horseradish or mustard if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 558 calories, Fat 34g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 122mg cholesterol, Sodium 2797mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 37g protein.
More about "puchero spanish boiled dinner recipes"
VALENCIAN PUCHERO RECIPE – WINTER …
4.8/5 (5)Category Main Dish, Soups
- Prepare your vegetables by peeling the radish, turnip, rutabaga, carrots, and boniatos and placing them in a pressure cooker along with the bones, meats and other cleaned vegetables. If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can also make this is a large pot on the stove or in a slow cooker. Obviously both methods will take longer than the pressure cooker method. I've successfully made puchero using all 3 methods, though.
- Fill the pot with water, fully covering all of the meat and vegetables, and close the pressure cooker.
- Cook for around 45 minutes to an hour. On my pressure cooker I use the legumes/tendons setting. Sometimes, though, if I'm using a large piece of beef, that isn't a long enough setting to make the beef tender so I've often had to cook the beef for a little longer in a separate pot. (I usually make puchero in the early morning, so it's ready for a hearty lunch.) If making puchero on the stovetop, cook for several hours until the meat and vegetables are tender. In the slow cooker, cook for 6-8 hours, depending on your cooker and the setting used.
- Place the bones, meats, and vegetables on a large platter and serve it in the center of the table so that people can take what they like form the platter and eat it in their soup.
PUCHERO RECIPE (SPANISH MEAT AND …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
10 MOST POPULAR SPANISH MEAT DISHES
CHICKEN POCHERO (POCHERONG MANOK)
PUCHERO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN PUCHERO | HANK …
4.9/5 (9)Total Time 4 hrs 30 minsCategory Lunch, Main Course, SoupCalories 382 per serving
PUCHERO - BIGOVEN.COM
PUCHERO RECIPE | RECIPELAND
WHAT WINE GOES WITH PUCHERO SPANISH BOILED DINNER RECIPE YUMMLY
PUCHERO CANARIO | TRADITIONAL STEW FROM CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN
PUCHERO - ANG SARAP
PUCHERO - RECIPE | BONAPETI.COM
PUCHERO | SLOW-COOKED CASSEROLE RECIPES | SBS FOOD
PUCHERO - COOKSINFO
PATA POCHERO - PANLASANG PINOY
VALENCIAN PUCHERO RECIPE - WINTER SPANISH STEW - YOUTUBE
BEEF POCHERO-SPANISH STEW IN TOMATO SAUCE - THE QUIRINO KITCHEN
You'll also love