VANILLA PANNA COTTA
- Place the cream in a saucepan. Halve the vanilla bean lengthwise; scrape out the seeds with a knife, then add the seeds and pod to the saucepan. Add the sugar and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Discard the vanilla pod.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the milk in a bowl and let stand until the gelatin softens, about 5 minutes. Stir the gelatin mixture into the hot cream mixture until dissolved, then stir in the yogurt. Divide among six to eight 4-ounce ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Dip each ramekin three-quarters of the way in warm water and invert onto a plate. Garnish each panna cotta with strawberries and mint, if desired.
PANNA COTTA WITH FRESH BERRIES
- Place the milk in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes to soften the gelatin. Pour milk mixture into a heavy saucepan and stir over medium heat just until the gelatin dissolves but the milk does not boil, about 5 minutes. Add the cream, honey, sugar, and salt. Stir until the sugar dissolves, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat. Pour into 6 wine glasses so that they are 1/2 full. Cool slightly. Refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours.
- Spoon the berries atop the panna cotta and serve.
VANILLA PANNA COTTA
- In a small bowl, combine the water and gelatin and let soak about 10 minutes (do not stir). Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the cream, vanilla bean and sugar to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. As soon as it simmers, turn off the heat and add the gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve the gelatin. If the gelatin doesn't completely dissolve in 3 minutes, return the mixture to the heat and warm gently until dissolved. Pour the mixture into 6 to 8 ramekins or dessert cups. Chill, uncovered, 2 hours.
- Satin Chocolate Sauce: In the top half of a double boiler, combine the 2 chocolates over simmering water. Stir constantly until melted, then whisk in the syrup and water without removing the double boiler from the heat. Whisk until smooth and shiny. The sauce can be made up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated. To rewarm, stir over low heat or heat in a microwave.
- To serve panna cotta, dip the cups in hot water for 10 seconds, then turn the panna cottas out onto dessert plates (or, serve in the cups). Surround each panna cotta with berries and satin chocolate sauce.
Panna cotta, a molded chilled dessert popular throughout Italy, is easy to make and can be prepared in advance. It looks and tastes wonderful with ripe red fruits such as raspberries, strawberries, or sweet cherries.
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a very small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand about 1 minute to soften. Heat gelatin mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved and remove pan from heat.
- In a large saucepan bring cream, half and half, and sugar just to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring. Remove pan from heat and stir in gelatin mixture and vanilla. Divide cream mixture among eight 1/2-cup ramekins and cool to room temperature. Chill ramekins, covered, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Dip ramekins, 1 at a time, into a bowl of hot water 3 seconds. Run a thin knife around edge of each ramekin and invert ramekin onto center of a small plate.
A traditional, easy, and delicious Italian custard. I had a difficult time finding a good and easy recipe on the internet, so I made up my own recipe. It tastes just like the panna cotta served at Italian restaurants. Serve with warm hot fudge sauce and fresh raspberries on top. This keeps well for several days in the refrigerator.
Provided by CHERYLA33
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pour milk into a small bowl, and stir in the gelatin powder. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, stir together the heavy cream and sugar, and set over medium heat. Bring to a full boil, watching carefully, as the cream will quickly rise to the top of the pan. Pour the gelatin and milk into the cream, stirring until completely dissolved. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and pour into six individual ramekin dishes.
- Cool the ramekins uncovered at room temperature. When cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418.3 calories, Carbohydrate 20.2 g, Cholesterol 136.1 mg, Fat 36.7 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 22.8 g, Sodium 45.8 mg, Sugar 17.6 g
- In a medium saucepan sprinkle the contents of the gelatin packet over the half and half and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Over low heat stir the gelatin mixture until it totally dissolves.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Add half of the vanilla and sugar.
- Stir again over the low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Taste and add remaining vanilla if you wish.
- Wipe the insides of 4-1/2 cup ramekins with a light coating of canola oil.
- Ladle in the cream mixture and let stand until cool.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours.
- You can serve in the dishes or invert.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
More about "panna cotta recipes"
BEST CLASSIC PANNA COTTA RECIPE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
4.9/5 (35)Servings 4
- Place water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the surface in a single layer. Be sure not to pile it as that will prevent the crystals from dissolving properly. Let stand for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat cream, sugar, vanilla pod, and vanilla seeds on medium heat and bring just to a boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and discard vanilla bean. Stir in gelatin and immediately whisk until smooth and dissolved. If the gelatin hasn’t fully dissolved, return the saucepan to the stove and heat gently over low heat. Stir constantly and don’t let the mixture boil.
- Pour cream into 4 individual serving dishes. Refrigerate for at least 2-4 hours, or until completely set.
PANNA COTTA RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
PANNA COTTA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE TRADITIONAL ITALIAN …
BEST PANNA COTTA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PANNA COTTA
10 BEST PANNA COTTA FLAVORS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PANNA COTTA RECIPES - BBC FOOD
CLASSIC PANNA COTTA RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
PANNA COTTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
APRICOT PANNA COTTA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
PANNA COTTA WITH BERRY SAUCE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
PANNA COTTA RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
PANNA COTTA RECIPE (FOOLPROOF) - THE FLAVOR BENDER
PANNA COTTA RECIPE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
HOMEMADE PANNA COTTA - AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPES
PANNA COTTA RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | BON APPéTIT
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #gelatin #desserts #eggs-dairy #easy #european #dinner-party #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #italian #stove-top #dietary #novelty #equipment
You'll also love