We say make it a double! This is perfect chilled, with a few cherries in, or make it long and add some soda or lemonade
Provided by Mary Cadogan
Yield Makes 750ml
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Slit the cherries, but don't cut them in half.
- Put in a pan with the sugar and 150ml water, then heat, stirring gently, until the juices run and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, then spoon into a large bottle or jar.
- Add the vodka and mix well. Seal, then leave for 4 weeks before drinking to let the flavours steep. For ice cold vodka, keep the bottle in the freezer (it won't freeze solid) or simply decant into a carafe, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169 calories, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Sodium 0.03 milligram of sodium
CHERRY VODKA LIMEADE
My friend, Katherine, introduced me to this drink on the 4th of July. It is a refreshing summertime drink. She prefers hers without the extra cherry juice, but I like the extra cherry flavor that it adds. Try it both ways to see which you prefer!
Provided by Texas Aggie Mom
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Fill a 16 ounce glass with ice.
- Add first 4 ingredients.
- Garnish with a cherry if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193.6, Fat 0.1, Sodium 12, Carbohydrate 16.5, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 13, Protein 0.2
- Pit and halve the cherries. As in all vodka recipes, it is important that the flesh of the fruit be somehow exposed.
- Fill a jar with the cherries, but do not pack it. Pour the vodka on top and seal tightly. Leave in a dark place, preferably for at least 2 weeks-or up to 6 months. At the end of that time, open the jar and strain. If you have a very fine-mesh strainer, that will do. If not, use an ordinary strainer lined with a cheesecloth or even a coffee filter. Set the strainer over a large bowl, ideally one from which you'll be able to easily pour afterward. Pour the vodka mixture through the strainer and allow the fruit to sit, seeping liquid, for a good hour or so, stirring a bit and pressing if need be to make the liquid go through.
- Now taste the vodka. Add sugar if you want an after-dinner liqueur, or leave it out if you want something sharper. Pour (or ladle) into a decorative bottle.
SOUR CHERRY VODKA
This Scandinavian delight is crisp and refreshing, fruity but just tart and pungent enough to set it apart from most other cordials. It also makes a superb sauce for duck or goose: Mix 1/2 cup Sour Cherry Vodka with 1 cup of pitted cherries and thicken with arrowroot. From "Home Made in the Kitchen", by Barry Bluestein & Kevin Morrissey.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Put the cherries into a 1-quart Mason jar, and cover with the sugar.
- Seal the jar and shake it several times, until the cherries are well coated with sugar.
- Add the vodka, reseal, and shake the jar a few more times to mix.
- Set aside in a cool, dark place for 4 weeks.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a 4-cup glass measuring cup.
- If desired, transfer the liqueur to a decanter.
- The Sour Cherry Vodka should be ready to drink immediately and has a shelf life of 2 to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1042.6, Fat 0.8, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 11.7, Carbohydrate 134.5, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 123.9, Protein 2.8
- Place all ingredients in glass jar.
- Shake every day for 30 days.
- Drain and bottle.
- This will taste very sweet at first, but if allowed to age at least six months will be nice and mellow.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.2, Sodium 0.6, Carbohydrate 33.3, Sugar 33.3
More about "cherry vodka recipes"
CHERRY INFUSED VODKA | DISHES DELISH
10 BEST CHERRY VODKA DRINKS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST ALCOHOL DRINKS WITH CHERRY VODKA RECIPES | YUMMLY
THINGS TO MIX WITH CHERRY VODKA - LEAFTV
SIMPLY SPARKLING CHERRY VODKA COCKTAIL - FOOD WINE SUNSHINE
VEIL CHERRY VODKA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHERRY VODKA JELLO SHOTS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DARK CHERRY VODKA RECIPES — BLACK INFUSIONS
42 BEST CHERRY VODKA RECIPES IDEAS | YUMMY DRINKS, FUN DRINKS, …
CHERRY AND VODKA RECIPES - SUPERCOOK
CHERRY VODKA LEMONADE COCKTAIL RECIPE - LEMONS FOR LULU
CHERRY BOUNCE VODKA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHERRY VODKA RECIPES - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
BEST CHERRY VODKA DRINKS - CRYSTAL MIXER
You'll also love