EASY CHEESE STRAWS
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°C/gas mark 6.
- Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Cut the butter into small cubes, then place in a bowl. Add the flour and rub together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Finely grate the Parmesan, then add 60g to the flour and butter, along with the mustard and paprika. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water until the mixture comes together.
- Roll it out on a floured surface, forming a rectangle about 1cm thick. Slice it into 1cm sticks and place onto the baking sheets.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese, a little more paprika and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139 calories, Fat 9.4 g fat, SaturatedFat 5.5 g saturated fat, Protein 3.1 g protein, Carbohydrate 11.1 g carbohydrate, Sugar 0.3 g sugar, Sodium 0.1 g salt, Fiber 0.4 g fibre
- Sift the flour and add the salt, paprika and cayenne. Rub in the butter until the mixture is like oatmeal. Add the cheeses, Tabasco sauce and egg yolk. Make into a smooth dough, adding water as necessary.
- Roll out onto a floured board and cut in narrow strips, about one-fourth of an inch wide and three-inches long. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for seven to eight minutes, or until golden.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 165, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 173 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl cream butter and cheese. Stir in flour and salt; mix well. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch in thickness. Cut into 2 inch strips and sprinkle with ground red pepper. Place strips on prepared cookie sheet(s) 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 160.9 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
EASY CHEESE STRAWS
Five ingredients transform into long, crisp cracker sticks. The hand-held snacks make for easy mingling at parties.-Elizabeth Robinson, Conroe, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cheese until blended. Combine flour, salt and cayenne; stir into cheese mixture until a dough forms. Roll into a 15x6-in. rectangle. Cut into thirty 6-in. strips. Gently place strips 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets., Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72 calories, Fat 5g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 106mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the softened cheese and butter in the bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer. Using the heaviest mixer paddle attachment, beat until the mixture has the consistency of whipped cream, 15 to 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, sift 3 cups of the flour with the salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Gradually add the seasoned flour to the cheese mixture by large spoonfuls, beating well after each addition. Add the remaining 1 cup unseasoned flour incrementally until the dough is somewhat stiff but still soft enough to be pushed through a cookie press; you may not need to add all the flour.
- Lightly spray 4 cookie sheets with cooking spray. Put a portion of the dough into a cookie press fitted with the star tube and press the dough onto a cookie sheet in long strips that run the length of the pan. Repeat until the pan is full. Bake until straws are golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- With your hands or a sharp knife, break or cut the long strips into 3-inch lengths. Use a flat, thin spatula or an egg turner to remove the cheese strips from the pan. Allow them to cool on a wire rack. When they are completely cool, serve or store in a tightly covered container.
I love cheese! I would eat a piece of Cheddar cheese over a piece of chocolate cake any day. That probably makes me a little weird, but if you love cheese like I do, you'll love these cheese straws. My mom used to make them for baby showers and wedding receptions. In 1991, the year my career started to really take off, she made them for me to give as Christmas gifts to everyone who had been so supportive. We laughed about how these cheesy treats were baked in a small kitchen in Monticello, Georgia, and ended up on the desks of some of the biggest movers and shakers in Nashville.
Yield makes 4 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Put the softened cheese and butter in the bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer. Using the heaviest mixer attachment, beat the cheese and butter until the mixture has the consistency of whipped cream, about 30 minutes.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, sift 3 cups of the flour with the salt, black pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder. Gradually add the seasoned flour to the cheese mixture by large spoonfuls, beating well after each addition. Add the unseasoned flour until the dough is somewhat stiff but still soft enough to be pushed through a cookie press; you may not need to add all of the flour.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Put a portion of the dough into a cookie press fitted with the star tube and press the dough onto the cookie sheet in long strips that run the length of the pan (see Note). Bake for 20 minutes. The cheese straws should be golden brown and crisp. With a sharp knife, cut the long strips into 3-inch lengths. Use a flat, thin spatula or egg turner to remove the cheese straws from the pan. Allow them to cool on a wire rack. When they are completely cool, store in a tightly covered container.
- If you find a Mirro cookie press, either vintage or new, that includes the star tube, grab it!
- If you don't have a cookie press, form the dough into 1-inch balls and flatten them with a fork.
People also searched
More about "cheese straws recipe jamie oliver recipes"
CHRISTMAS SNACKS AND NIBBLES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
CHEESE STRAWS JAMIE OLIVER RECIPE & 5 FOOD SAVING TIPS
CHEESE PUFFS | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 8Calories 220 per servingCategory Cheese Recipes
BAKED LEMON CHEESECAKE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
EASY CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE | CHEESE TWISTS | EM’S KITCHEN
JAMIE'S £1 WONDERS & MORE BUDGET-FRIENDLY COOKING TIPS - JAMIE …
CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE - CHEDDAR CHEESE STICKS RECIPE - YUMMY …
JAMIE OLIVER CHEESE STRAWS RECIPES
7 CHEESE STRAW RECIPES
RECIPE OF JAMIE OLIVER CHEESE STRAWS | THE DELICIOUS MENU
JAMIE OLIVER CHEESE STRAWS RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
HOMEMADE CHEESE TWIST | FRESH RECIPES NZ
SPOOKY SNAKE STRAWS | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CHEESE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
You'll also love