BAKED ASPARAGUS WITH CHEESE SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange asparagus spears in a shallow baking dish.
- Whisk together half-and-half, cornstarch, Italian seasoning, ground mustard, red pepper flakes, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Pour mixture over asparagus and swirl the dish so that the liquid coats the bottom of the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until asparagus is soft and cheese sauce starts to bubble, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 112.5 calories, Carbohydrate 4.9 g, Cholesterol 24.6 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 177.5 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
BACON, ASPARAGUS, AND CHEESE SOUP
- In a Sauce pan combine bacon, onion, garlic,carrots ,and asparagus cook until bacon is crisp and veggies are tender.
- Add chicken stock bring to boil add cream cook an additional 5 minutes remove from heat add cheese stir till melted. Serve
ASPARAGUS WITH CHEESE SAUCE
- In a large micro-wave safe glass bowl, heat butter about 50 seconds on high, or until melted.
- Whisk in the 2 tablespoons of flour and 1 cup of heated milk.
- Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes, pausing to whisk thoroughly every 30 seconds.
- Season to taste with salt and whisk again.
- Set cheese sauce aside.
- Bend asparagus until they break at a natural point; discard ends.
- Place asparagus spears in a microwavable glass covered dish, with half the spears going one way, and half the spears going the other way.
- Add 1/4 cup water to the dish.
- Cook, covered, for 6-7 minutes on high, pausing to turn dish every 2 minutes and checking asparagus for doneness.
- Reheat sauce for 1 minute on high before adding to asparagus, if necessary (you may not need all the sauce).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486, Fat 35.3, SaturatedFat 22.1, Cholesterol 106.9, Sodium 1125.3, Carbohydrate 21.7, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 3.3, Protein 24.4
CECILY'S AMISH ASPARAGUS IN A BACON-CHEESE SAUCE
My Amish friend Cecily is a wonderful cook. she grows her own asparagus and makes this often in the springtime
Provided by GingerlyJ
Yield 1 pounds, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add flour stir and cook until smooth and bubbly.
- carefully whisk in milk.
- cook, whisking constantly until sauce is thickened.
- stir in salt and cheese until cheese is melted.
- then A couple spoonfuls of bacon drippings.
- cook asparagus in salted wateruntil crisp tender, 3-4 minutes.
- drain and add cheese sauce
- top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.5, Fat 21.4, SaturatedFat 12.3, Cholesterol 58.9, Sodium 492.8, Carbohydrate 13.1, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 2.4, Protein 14.5
ASPARAGUS, BACON AND GOAT CHEESE QUESADILLA
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 8 to10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and discard all the pan drippings.
- 2. Add 1 teaspoon butter and the shallots and cook until brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the asparagus to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the asparagus are bright green and tender; about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- 3. Spread a thin layer of cheese over a tortilla and scatter a quarter of the herbs on top. Place the tortilla cheese-side up in the skillet. Scatter a quarter of the bacon and asparagus on the lower half of the tortilla, then fold the tortilla over and press lightly. Cook until golden brown, turning once, about 3 minutes on each side. If the pan gets dry, add butter, as needed. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve.
BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the asparagus spears into 8 bundles. Wrap each bundle in the middle of the spears with one piece of bacon. Place the bundles seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bake until the bacon is fully cooked, about 25 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the flour over the butter and stir. Cook until the mixture is golden brown and has a nutty aroma, about 1 minute. Stir in the mustard powder, onion powder, nutmeg and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the milk a little at a time and continue cooking and whisking until the mixture thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cheese until melted, then take off the heat.
- Carefully transfer the bacon bundles to a serving platter. Pour the cheese sauce over the asparagus and sprinkle with the fried onions. Serve warm.
STEAKS WITH STILTON CHEESE SAUCE
- Grill or broil steaks to your liking.
- Melt butter in saucepan and cook onion until soft.
- Add sherry and boil to reduce slightly.
- Add cream and boil for one(1) minute.
- Stir in Stilton Cheese and chives.
- Serve steaks with sauce, baby red potatoes and fresh or frozen green beans.
AMERICAN CHEESE SAUCE
- In saucepan, heat butter, add flour.
- Stir until light brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add milk, bring to a slow boil.
- Add cheese, one slice at a time.
- Simmer to desired thickness (For thinner sauce, add less flour).
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GOAT CHEESE AND BACON
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towels and drain. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 500°F. Arrange asparagus on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and turn asparagus to coat well. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast asparagus until crisp-tender when pierced with knife, about 7 minutes. Arrange asparagus in single layer on platter. Sprinkle with goat cheese, then bacon. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle grated lemon peel over. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature.)
More about "cecilys amish asparagus in a bacon cheese sauce recipes"
EASY GARLIC ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH BACON AND CHEESE …
Reviews 48Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and add minced garlic, salt, and pepper; mix around to combine.
BEST CHEESY ASPARAGUS-BACON DIP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
BEST ASPARAGUS CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
CHEESY CHICKEN, ASPARAGUS, BACON, AND MUSHROOM SHELLS
BEST BACON-ASPARAGUS ALFREDO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ASPARAGUS …
10 BEST BACON CHEESE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST ASPARAGUS BAKED WITH BACON RECIPES | YUMMLY
ASPARAGUS WITH SWISS CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
10 BEST BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH CHEESE RECIPES
10 BEST BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH CHEESE RECIPES
6 BACON-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS RECIPES
You'll also love