Crack Chicken Casserole – creamy chicken casserole loaded with cheddar, bacon and ranch. Use a rotisserie chicken for easy prep! Chicken, cheddar, bacon, ranch seasoning, sour cream, cream of chicken soup. The whole family LOVED this easy chicken casserole. It is already on the menu again this week!
The BEST Chicken Casserole EVER
You are going to want to add this Crack Chicken Casserole to your menu ASAP! A creamy chicken casserole that is loaded with cheddar, bacon and ranch. YUM! I made this for lunch last week and we both absolutely LOVED it! I’m wishing I had the leftovers right now. It was seriously delicious.
Use Rotisserie Chicken in Casseroles
To cut down on the prep time of this Crack Chicken Casserole, I used a rotisserie chicken for the cooked chicken. Rotisserie chicken is my go-to for cooked chicken in recipes. We always buy a couple of rotisserie chickens on our Costco trips and keep the meat in the freezer. It makes casseroles like this a breeze to make! I had this ready to bake before the oven had fully preheated.
What to Serve with Crack Chicken Casserole
As I said, we LOVED this Crack Chicken Casserole. We served it with some Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms and a batch of 7Up Biscuits. OMG! Best meal ever!!! Thankfully we had enough for leftovers. It was all just as good reheated. Add this Crack Chicken Casserole to your menu. I promise it will be a hit!
Can I Freeze this Crack Chicken Casserole?
Absolutely! I love to have easy casseroles in the freezer for a quick meal later. I have frozen this Crack Chicken Casserole and it works great. I usually thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight and bake as directed below. If you are short on time, cover the casserole with foil and bake for about 20 minutes to thaw in the oven and then uncover and bake as directed. Just make sure the casserole is bubbly before removing it from the oven to serve.
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 (1-oz) package Original Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine chicken, Ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Spread into prepared pan.
- Combine crushed crackers and butter, sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes.
If you are sensitive to Ranch seasoning mix, feel free to reduce the amount to your preference.
Can substitute turkey bacon for regular bacon.