Today I will give an easy recipe for chicken jalfrezi, Chicken Jalfrezi is a delicious flavorful chicken curry, juicy chunks in a highly spiced tomato sauce studded with stir-fried peppers and onions.
A mashup of Chinese strategies with Indian flavors, the stir-fry comes together in under thirty minutes, which makes it a great weeknight meal.
- Take 2-3 diced hen breasts and coat in 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander, and 1 tsp turmeric then marinate it within the fridge while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, fry ½ of chopped big onion, 2 chopped garlic cloves and 1 finely chopped green chili in a huge pan with a little vegetable oil, for around 5 mins, till browned. Add 300ml water to the onion combination and simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put a 400g can plum tomatoes in a food processor and give it a good whizz (aim for a smooth consistency).
- Heat another huge pan and gently fry 1 tbsp coriander, 1 tbsp cumin, and 1 tsp turmeric in a splash of oil for about a minute. Add the tomatoes to this pan and simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Next, whizz your onion mixture within the food processor and add it to the spiced tomato sauce. Season it, stir, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- You can make big batches of this sauce and freeze it for later use. Fry the hen in vegetable oil and stir continuously. After some minutes, turn down the heat and add the ultimate ½ sliced onion, 1 chopped red pepper, and a couple of finely chopped crimson chilies. Stir until the onions and pepper soften. Add the sauce you prepared earlier to the cooked hen and simmer for around 10-20 minutes, adding a touch of water if it gets too thick. Just before you dish it up, stir in 2 tsp garam masala and handful of chopped coriander leaves. Serve with basmati rice or naan bread.
Already want to make chicken jalfrezi? or are you looking for another recipe? you can try