BBQ CHICKEN & RICE DINNER
Discover your new favorite chicken and rice dinner. Tangy with BBQ sauce and ready to eat in just 25 minutes, BBQ Chicken and rice Dinner could very well become your new favorite weeknight dish too.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 7 min. on each side or until done (165ºF). Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add water, corn and barbecue sauce to same skillet; stir. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice.
- Top with chicken; cover. Cook on low heat 5 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 590 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 30 g
ONE-POT BBQ CHICKEN AND RICE
Weeknights are now made easier with this one-pot bbq chicken and rice dish that has loads of flavor and comes together super easily!
Provided by Julie Chiou
Categories Main Entree
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large deep skillet or pot, add olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper then brown chicken on both sides. Using a pastry brush, brush a generous amount of BBQ sauce onto the chicken on both sides while it is browning. Remove chicken from skillet once halfway cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add onion and garlic. Cook until softened then add corn and black beans. Toss to incorporate. Add the rice to the skillet and gently "toast" it for a couple minutes.
- Carefully pour the chicken stock in the skillet and add the remaining BBQ sauce into the skillet. Stir to incorporate completely. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a medium-low heat. Place chicken back into skillet and nestled into the rice and liquid. Cook covered for 30 minutes, or until rice is completely cooked through.
- Add cheese on top and cover skillet to melt. Once cheese has melted, remove skillet from heat and top with avocado, diced tomato, and parsley or cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving, Calories 439 kcal, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 32 g, Fat 15 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 18 g
BBQ CHICKEN, VEGGIES AND RICE SKILLET
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add the onions and red peppers and cook and stir until the onion becomes translucent, about 2 minutes. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Saute until it begins to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the BBQ sauce and stir until combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Add Knorr® Rice SidesTM- Rice Pilaf, water and buttery spread to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Stir in corn; cover and cook an additional 2 minutes. Return chicken mixture to the pan; stir to mix thoroughly. Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with chopped green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406.4 calories, Carbohydrate 47.6 g, Cholesterol 69.2 mg, Fat 10.3 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 30.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 699.5 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
BBQ CHICKEN AND RICE
- Pour BBQ Sauce into pan, fill the empty bottle with tap water (or something fancier if you're"that way") and pour about half of it into the pan as well.
- Stir until blended over low-medium heat.
- Add thawed chicken.
- Cook chicken and sauce while stirring over medium heat until chicken is done, then turn down to low.
- Keep an eye on it and add more water from the bottle if needed.
- For rice, just add rice and water to a pan with a tight-fitting lid, bring to a boil, stir for a minute, and cook at medium heat for 30 minutes while COVERED.
- when everything's done, pile it on a plate and eat it up.
- Sometimes I add a dash or two of"Kick-Yo-Ass" hot-sauce for a little spice.
BARBECUED CHICKEN 'N' RICE
For this recipe, my daughters enjoy measuring the rice and stirring together the spices and other ingredients that go into the homemade barbecue sauce. The moist, tender chicken is one of their dad's favorites, so they're always proud to have played a part in making it.-Patricia Kaliska, Phillips, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the next nine ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. , Meanwhile, combine rice and broth in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken and barbecue sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until the rice is tender and meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts :
HEALTHY GRILLED CHICKEN-AND-RICE FOIL PACKS
If you're looking to grill something besides burgers and dogs on your next campout, this low-fat chicken dinner will do the trick. Be sure to use converted rice instead of regular for this recipe (each grain contains tiny pinholes so it cooks faster than conventional rice). If you're in the wilderness, wash out your pie dish after dinner and use it to pan for gold.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare a grill for medium heat.
- Put the chicken, beans, rice, salsa, pickled jalapenos, tomato paste, chili powder, turmeric and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide the chicken-rice mixture evenly among the pie pans, spreading it out in an even layer. Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth into each pie pan.
- Cover each pan tightly with foil. Put the pans on the grill, close the grill lid and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the grill and let rest for a few minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil from each pan (hot steam will escape). The liquid should be absorbed, the rice tender and the chicken cooked through. Sprinkle each with some scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370 calorie, Fat 3.5 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Cholesterol 55 milligrams, Sodium 970 milligrams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 25 grams, Sugar 11 grams
BBQ CHICKEN WITH CORN RICE
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Slash each piece of chicken 2-3 times. Put the chicken, onion wedges and peppers in a roasting tin or ovenproof pan, then toss with 1 tbsp oil and the barbecue sauce. Roast for 40 mins, turning halfway, until sticky and tender. Add a splash of water if the sauce dries up a little at the edges.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium pan, then soften the chopped onion for 5 mins. Stir in the thyme, rice, stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 12 mins. Turn off the heat, tip in the corn, add chilli if using, put the lid back on and let the rice steam for 10 mins more. Fluff up the rice, then serve with the chicken, vegetables and pan juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 635 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 95 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 26 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 44 grams protein, Sodium 1.79 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "bbq chicken and rice recipes"
COCONUT LIME GRILLED CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE - PINCH OF …
BBQ CHICKEN AND RICE BAKE | CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE …
ONE POT BBQ CHICKEN AND RICE - COUNTRYSIDE CRAVINGS
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN AND RICE | RECIPETIN EATS
CLASSIC BBQ CHICKEN AND RICE DINNER | MINUTE® RICE
3/5 (24)Servings 4
SOUTHWEST BBQ CHICKEN AND RICE BOWL WITH BEANS | MINUTE® RICE
BARBECUE CHICKEN AND RICE WRAPS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY JAPANESE BBQ CHICKEN FRIED RICE - WITH THE WOODRUFFS
FIESTA BBQ CHICKEN & RICE BOWLS RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS …
CHICKEN BBQ RICE PLATTER | DELICIOUS AND PERFECT RICE RECIPE
BBQ CHICKEN AND RICE SALAD - KIDSPOT.CO.NZ
JERK CHICKEN WITH MANGO CHUTNEY AND ROASTED PUMPKIN
HEALTHY GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES - 3 BOYS AND A DOG
10 BEST GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST WITH RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
INSTANT POT BARBECUE CHICKEN AND RICE
10 BEST BARBECUE CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE | RECIPECRITIC
GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN RICE BOWL - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #poultry #american #easy #low-fat #chicken #stove-top #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #healthy-2 #low-in-something #meat #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook rice with BBQ sauce?Add the rice to the skillet and gently "toast" it for a couple minutes. Carefully pour the chicken stock in the skillet and add the remaining BBQ sauce into the skillet. Stir to incorporate completely. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a medium-low heat.
How do you cook chicken and rice in a BBQ Pan?Add the rice, tomato purée, paprika, remaining barbecue seasoning mixture and a splash of water to the pan. Add the chicken back into the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add a splash of lime juice at the end if you want some extra zing.
How do you make a chicken and rice dinner?Add water, corn and barbecue sauce to same skillet; stir. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice. Top with chicken; cover. Cook on low heat 5 min. Serve with additional barbecue sauce. This tangy twist on a traditional chicken and rice dinner can fit into your healthful eating plan.
How do you cook chicken and rice with spring onions?Add the spring onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice, tomato purée, paprika, remaining barbecue seasoning mixture and a splash of water to the pan. Add the chicken back into the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add a splash of lime juice at the end if you want some extra zing.