ALMOND CAKE RECIPE
This is the easiest almond cake with just 4 main ingredients. This cake has a soft, moist crumb and is lightly sweet with a pop of lemon flavor. You won't believe it is a grain free and gluten free cake recipe!
Provided by Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Grease/butter a 9" cake pan or 9" springform pan. Line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 4 egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed 3 minutes or until thick, creamy and lightened in color. Add 1 1/2 cups almond flour and 1 Tbsp lemon zest and use a spatula to fold and stir together until incorporated. Wash and dry attachments from the mixer.
- In a second large mixing bowl, add 4 egg whites and beat together until stiff peaks form (about 2 minutes). Fold the egg whites 1 heaping spoonful at a time into the almond batter, folding with each addition just until incorporated and scraping from the bottom of the bowl to ensure batter has an even consistency.
- Once all the egg whites are incorporated and batter is even in consistency (do not over-mix), transfer batter to the prepared baking pan and sprinkle the top with 1/4 cup sliced almonds. Bake at 350˚F for 30 minutes or until top is firm.
- Let cake rest in the pan 15 minutes then run a thin spatula around the sides and invert it onto your hand then place it right side up on the rack. Let cool to room temperature and garnish with powdered sugar and lemon slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218 kcal, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 7 g, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Sodium 31 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 13 g, ServingSize 1 serving
There's something special about Baking Mad's almond cake recipe that guarantees a delicious moist and extremely moreish afternoon treat.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Step 1:Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan / gas mark 4). Grease and line the base of a 15cm round cake tin.Step 2:Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the egg yolks one at a time and stir in with the almond extract. Beat well.Step 3:Sieve in the self-raising flour and ground almonds and mix gently. Beat the egg whites in a clean, grease-free bowl until very stiff and then fold into the mixture.Step 4:Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
This exquisite recipe came to The Times in a 2001 article by Amanda Hesser about the first meal her now mother-in-law, Elizabeth Friend, prepared for her. The meal ended with this simple almond cake. Ms. Hesser wrote: "It had a crust, fragile like a dry leaf, that led to a moist, downy layer of ground almonds and sugar. It was a perfect dessert. And it punctuated one of the great meals of my life." It's not the prettiest cake in the world - Ms. Friend called it "the Shar-Pei of cakes" because it crumbles on the edges and falls in the middle - but it is flawless otherwise. If you care about looks, dust it with confectioners' sugar and top it with fresh berries as we've done in the picture. It also improves with age and can be made 1 to 2 weeks ahead. Store it covered in or out of the fridge. Finally, this recipe makes two 8-inch cakes, so give one away or freeze one for a rainy day.
Provided by Amanda Hesser
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield 2 8-inch cakes, 8 servings each
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter sides and bottoms of 2 8-inch cake or springform pans; line sides and bottoms with parchment paper. Butter paper. Place pans in freezer.
- Sift flour and salt into a small bowl. Set aside. In a mixer fitted with a paddle, beat butter and granulated sugar at high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add almond paste, a little at a time at medium speed, and beat 8 minutes. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, and almond extract. Mix sour cream and baking soda and add to butter mixture. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, just until blended.
- Divide batter between prepared pans and spread evenly. Bake about 40 minutes to an hour, until tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed and cakes shrink from sides of the pans. Cool in pans on wire rack. Remove sides of pans and remove paper. When ready to serve, sift confectioners' sugar on top and slice like pie.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 661, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 76 grams, Fat 38 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 19 grams, Sodium 326 milligrams, Sugar 49 grams, TransFat 1 gram
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, cake flour and baking powder. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and almond paste on high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add vanilla extract and slowly pour in confectioners' sugar. Mix until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Raise speed to high and add the egg yolks and whole eggs, one at a time. Reduce speed to medium and add the sour cream and dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake in the lower third of the oven for 35 minutes, or until the cake is golden and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool. Remove from pan and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield Serves 8 to 10
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm milk, and let proof until foamy.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake until they are lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool, then place them in a food processor fitted with the metal blade, add 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and pulse until the almonds are very finely chopped but not pulverized. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with 3/4 cup of the sugar until pale yellow. Beat in the butter. Add the honey, yeast mixture, liqueur, and almonds, and beat to combine. Add the flour in two or three additions, mixing thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Gradually fold the whites into the almond mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, shaking the pan to distribute the batter evenly.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes, then remove the sides of the pan and let the cake cool on a rack completely before serving.
WHITE ALMOND WEDDING CAKE
A secret ingredient of sour cream makes this cake so moist, dense, and delicious! I use this recipe for my kids' birthdays, but it's a favorite for wedding cakes, too! This recipe can easily be doubled.
Provided by CUPYCAKESMURF
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour an 11x13 inch cake pan.
- Stir together the white cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl until well mixed. Pour in the water, sour cream, vegetable oil, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg whites, and beat with an electric mix on low until all the ingredients are mixed and moistened but some lumps still remain, 4 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, and bake in the preheated oven until the top is a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.4 calories, Carbohydrate 35.3 g, Cholesterol 5.1 mg, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 274.7 mg, Sugar 24 g
More about "almond cake recipes"
10 BEST ALMOND CAKE WITH ALMOND FLOUR RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND FLOUR CAKE RECIPE (4 INGREDIENTS!) - THE BIG …
BEST ALMOND CAKE - HOW TO MAKE ALMOND CAKE - DELISH
ALMOND CAKE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
BEST EVER ALMOND CREAM CAKE - THE BUSY BAKER
ALMOND CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY ALMOND CAKE RECIPE - ONE SARCASTIC BAKER
ALMOND CAKE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
10 BEST CAKES WITH ALMOND MEAL RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND FLOUR CAKE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ALMOND CAKE (A SCRATCH RECIPE) - MY CAKE SCHOOL
17 BEST ALMOND CAKE RECIPES TO GO NUTS FOR - INSANELY GOOD
BEST ALMOND COCONUT CAKE RECIPE - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
ANYTIME ALMOND CAKE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
10 BEST ALMOND MILK CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND CAKE RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #desserts #european #holiday-event #cakes #nuts
You'll also love