WHOLE-WHEAT STRAWBERRY MUFFINS
This healthy muffin recipe features strawberries, but you can use your favorite berry in their place. Recipe adapted from the Massachusetts Farm to School program.
Provided by EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories Healthy Muffin Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 (1/2-cup) muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk applesauce, sugar and oil in a large bowl. Add flour, baking soda and salt; whisk until combined. Gently fold in strawberries. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins until the tops spring back when touched lightly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 28 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.5 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Fat 6.3 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 254.9 mg, Sugar 14 g
Jam-packed with juicy berries, these strawberry muffins with crisp, golden tops are as pretty as they are delicious.
Provided by Jennifer Segal
Categories Breakfast & Brunch
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; spray the liners and the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and almond extract. (The batter may look a little grainy -- that's okay).
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture in three separate additions, alternating with the milk and ending with the flour.
- Toss the strawberries with 2 teaspoons of flour (this will keep them from sinking to the bottom). Set ½ cup of the berries aside. Add the remaining berries to the batter and fold with a spatula until evenly distributed. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin (an ice-cream scoop with a wire scraper works well here); they will be very full. Scatter the reserved berries evenly over the muffins, then sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the center of each muffin (keeping the sugar away from the edges will prevent sticking).
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until lightly golden and a cake tester comes out clean. Run a sharp knife around the top edge of each muffin to free it from the pan if necessary (the edges can stick), then let the muffins cool in the pan for about 25 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool completely.
- Freezer-Friendly Instructions: These muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months. After they are completely cooled, double-wrap it securely with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place it in heavy-duty freezer bag. Thaw overnight on the countertop.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 muffin, Calories 246, Fat 9g, Carbohydrate 38g, Protein 4g, SaturatedFat 5g, Sugar 21g, Fiber 1g, Sodium 224mg, Cholesterol 52mg
WHOLE-WHEAT RASPBERRY MUFFINS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Spread the oats on a rimmed baking sheet and cook until lightly toasted, 8 to 10 minutes; cool completely.
- Combine the toasted oats, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk together the oil, sour cream, brown sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and eggs in another large bowl. Fold the sour cream mixture into the flour mixture until just combined (a few lumps are okay), and then fold in the raspberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
PERFECT STRAWBERRY MUFFINS
These light and airy strawberry muffins are effortless to make. We love adding a light spice to the batter with cinnamon and finely ground black pepper. The black pepper is a little unusual, but adding just a tiny amount lifts all the flavors in the muffins. Feel free to leave it out, but we highly recommend it.
Provided by Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Yield Makes 12 muffins
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 12 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and the black pepper in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Using a measuring jug that holds at least 1 cup, measure the vegetable oil. Add the egg, then fill the measuring jug to the 1-cup line with milk (this should be 1/3 to a 1/2 cup of milk).
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and whisk until blended. Pour into the bowl with flour and stir with a fork until just combined. Do not overmix. The muffin batter will be pretty thick - see note below). Stir in the strawberries.
- In a small bowl, stir one tablespoon of sugar with a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups. (The batter will come close to the tops of the paper liners). Lightly sprinkle vanilla sugar topping over muffins.
- Bake muffins until tops are golden brown, no longer wet, and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with crumbs, not wet batter; 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 muffin, Calories 180, Protein 3 g, Carbohydrate 27 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 15 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 16 mg
WHOLE WHEAT STRAWBERRY MUFFINS
This is an awesome recipe! Quick, super wholesome, and kid-friendly.
Provided by Jenny Harmon
Categories Bread Quick Bread Recipes Muffin Recipes Whole Wheat Muffin Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine milk, yogurt, and egg substitute in a small bowl. Whisk lightly.
- Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Toss in strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together. Fill the prepared muffin cups evenly with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops bounce back from the touch or a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124.3 calories, Carbohydrate 25.3 g, Cholesterol 0.5 mg, Fat 0.7 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 300.8 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
WHOLE WHEAT STRAWBERRY MUFFINS WITH RASPBERRY FILLING
I wanted a fairly low calorie muffin for breakfast, so I threw this together. It works out to about 117 calories per muffin. You can use any jam for the filling, but if you're counting calories, remember to adjust the total! (the Kraft light double raspberry jam I used is 62 calories for the 6 tsp used)
Provided by CassiaDawn
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 muffins, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, Splenda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix canola oil, skim milk, and egg until smooth.
- Add dry mix to wet mix, stirring until just moistened.
- Fold chopped strawberries into batter.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, and fill each muffin cup 1/2 full with batter.
- Put 1/2 a tsp of raspberry jam in center of each muffin cup, and top with more batter until cups are just over 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 24 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138.3, Fat 6.9, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 17.9, Sodium 203.7, Carbohydrate 16.6, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 0.7, Protein 4
More about "whole wheat strawberry muffins with raspberry filling recipes"
WHOLE WHEAT STRAWBERRY MUFFINS - FOOD WINE AND LOVE
STRAWBERRY OAT MUFFINS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
STRAWBERRY MUFFINS - THE SEASONED MOM
WHOLE-WHEAT LEMON RASPBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE
BEST WHOLE WHEAT STRAWBERRY MUFFINS WITH RASPBERRY FILLING RECIPES
WHOLE WHEAT STRAWBERRY MUFFINS WITH RASPBERRY FILLING BEST RECIPES
QUICK AND EASY WHOLE WHEAT MUFFINS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
STRAWBERRY YOGURT MUFFINS - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
WHOLE WHEAT LEMON RASPBERRY MUFFINS - 100 DAYS OF REAL FOOD
WHOLE WHEAT EGGLESS STRAWBERRY MUFFINS - COOK WITH MANALI
HEALTHY RASPBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
HEALTHY STRAWBERRY MUFFINS - BAKERY STYLE - SUPER HEALTHY KIDS
MIXED BERRY WHOLE WHEAT MUFFINS - SKINNYTASTE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #breads #fruit #easy #muffins #grains #quick-breads #berries #raspberries #strawberries #pasta-rice-and-grains #number-of-servings
You'll also love