THE BIG APPLE PIE
My daughter used this recipe to submit a pie in the baked goods department of our local county fair. She not only received a blue ribbon for this pie she also won the all around grand champion at the fair.
Provided by Sharon Anderson
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water a tablespoon at a time until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half and shape into balls. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Roll one ball out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate. Roll out top crust and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, combine sliced apples, sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and cinnamon. Mix well and pour into pie shell. Dot with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414.1 calories, Carbohydrate 69 g, Cholesterol 38.1 mg, Fat 14.9 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 250 mg, Sugar 39.4 g
BIG APPLE PANCAKES
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. In a large ovenproof skillet (preferably with curved sides), melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the apple slices and cook, stirring, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt, milk, and flour. Pour this batter over the apples in the skillet, transfer to the oven, and bake until puffy, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Cut the remaining tablespoon of butter into pieces. When the pancake puffs, remove from the oven, dot with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and return to the oven to bake until browned, about 10 minutes more. As the pancake comes out of the oven, squeeze the lemon wedges over the top. Serve in wedges right out of the pan.
THE BIG APPLE
- Fill a large cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add apple cider, whiskey, vermouth, and bitters. Shake. Strain into 2 glasses. Garnish each with an apple half or slice.
CHEF JOHN'S APPLE FRITTERS
I didn't think I liked apple fritters, but turns out I just don't like chunks of almost raw apple, surrounded by a doughnut. Maybe I've just been going to the wrong shops, but I've never enjoyed the texture, and always wanted to try them with cooked apples.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Melt butter over medium-high heat and cook until it turns golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add apples and cook over medium-high heat until apples just begin to soften around the edges, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon sugar and continue cooking another 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain in a strainer; let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Whisk egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter together in a separate mixing bowl. Add cooled apple pieces and sparkling apple cider; add the flour mixture. Stir just until flour is incorporated.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter per fritter, into hot oil, slightly flattening them out. Cook in batches. Fry on one side until small bubbles appear on the surface, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip fritters over and fry the other side until richly browned, about 2 more minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain grease. Cool slightly before glazing.
- Whisk powdered sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Add enough apple cider, 1 teaspoon at a time, to form a smooth glaze that is just runny enough to drizzle over fritters.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.8 calories, Carbohydrate 39.6 g, Cholesterol 30.9 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 243.4 mg, Sugar 22.9 g
People also searched
More about "the big apple recipes"
55 BEST APPLE RECIPES FOR FALL AND BEYOND - FOOD COM
BAKERY | THE BIG APPLE
30 EASY APPLE RECIPES THAT GO BEYOND PIE - INSANELY GOOD
BIG APPLE PANCAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
4.6/5 (86)Author Condé NastServings 2Total Time 30 mins
RECIPES - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
THE BIG APPLE - BIGOVEN.COM
45 EASY APPLE RECIPES TO MAKE THIS FALL - REAL SIMPLE
50 BEST APPLE RECIPES - WHAT TO MAKE WITH APPLES | KITCHN
15 WAYS TO COOK WITH GRANNY SMITH APPLES - ALLRECIPES
THE BIG BOOK OF ESSENTIAL OIL RECIPES FOR BEAUTY SUR APPLE BOOKS
FOUR OVERNIGHT RECIPES TO MAKE FOR YOUR GUESTS
HEALTHY APPLE CAKE- UNDER 100 CALORIES! - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
SMALL BITES FROM THE BIG APPLE | PHILSTAR.COM
THE BEST SAVORY APPLE RECIPES FOR FALL - SOUTHERN LIVING
THE BIG APPLE BOOK OF RECIPES SUR APPLE BOOKS
THE BIG APPLE BOOK OF RECIPES EN APPLE BOOKS
THE EASIEST LOAF OF BREAD YOU'LL EVER BAKE RECIPE - KING ARTHUR …
THE BIG BOOK OF INSTANT POT RECIPES ON APPLE BOOKS
THE BIG APPLE BOOK OF RECIPES ON APPLE BOOKS
THE BIG BOOK OF ESSENTIAL OIL RECIPES FOR HEALING & HEALTH
THE BEST CINNAMON APPLE BREAD RECIPE - THE HAPPIER HOMEMAKER
You'll also love