SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. This healthy and crispy sweet and sour chicken recipe is so delicious with sweet and sour sauce. It's better than takeout!
Provided by Rasa Malaysia
Categories Chicken Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Cut the chicken breast meat into bite-size cubes and marinate with 1 tablespoon of wine for 10 minutes. Mix the batter in a bowl and add the chicken cubes into the batter. Mix the Sweet and Sour sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat up cooking oil in a wok and deep fry the chicken cubes. (Shake off the extra batter before frying). Transfer the chicken out on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess oil. Transfer the cooking oil out and leave only 2 tablespoons oil in the wok.
- Add garlic and saute the garlic until light brown and then follow by the green bell peppers. Stir-fry until you smell the aroma. Add the sweet and sour sauce into the wok and bring it to boil. Toss in the chicken, tomatoes and add the chopped scallions, do a few quick stirs, dish out and serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162 calories, Carbohydrate 51 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 73 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 3 grams fat, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 28 grams protein, ServingSize 2 people, Sodium 619 milligrams sodium, Sugar 16 grams sugar, TransFat 1 grams trans fat
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN I
- In a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, and orange food coloring. Heat to boiling. Turn off heat. Combine 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; slowly stir into saucepan. Continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, salt, white pepper, and egg. Add 1 1/2 cups water gradually to make a thick batter. Stir to blend thoroughly. Add chicken pieces, and stir until chicken is well coated.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C). Fry chicken pieces in hot oil 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove chicken, and drain on paper towels.
- When ready to serve, layer green peppers, pineapple chunks, and cooked chicken pieces on a platter. Pour hot sweet and sour sauce over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 639.3 calories, Carbohydrate 56.2 g, Cholesterol 160.1 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 59.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 758.6 mg, Sugar 23.6 g
EASY SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Roll and coat chicken cubes in flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir chicken in hot oil until not longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the same skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir celery, green peppers, and onion in heated oil until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Whisk ketchup, lemon juice, pineapple, and brown sugar in a bowl; pour into the skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir chicken and vegetables in sauce until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.6 calories, Carbohydrate 49.3 g, Cholesterol 64.6 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 870.1 mg, Sugar 31.6 g
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
Make your favorite takeaway Chinese at home with this sweet and sour chicken recipe. It's the perfect, easy weeknight main dish.
Provided by Jaden Hair
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Coat the chicken with egg white: In a bowl, combine the chicken with the egg white, salt and cornstarch. Stir to coat the chicken evenly. Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Make the sweet and sour sauce: Whisk together the pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, salt, and brown sugar.
- Stir-fry the chicken over high heat: Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat until a bead of water instantly sizzles and evaporates. Pour in 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and swirl to coat. It's important that the pan is very hot. Add the chicken and spread the pieces out in one layer. Let the chicken fry, untouched for 1 minute, until the bottoms are browned. Flip and fry the other side for 1 minute. The chicken should still be pinkish in the middle. Dish out the chicken onto a clean plate, leaving as much oil in the pan as possible.
- Stir-fry the bell pepper and ginger: Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 teaspoon of cooking oil. Let the oil heat up before adding the bell pepper chunks and ginger. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the pineapple, sauce, and then, the chicken: Add the pineapple chunks and the sweet and sour sauce. Turn up the heat to high. When the sauce is simmering, add the chicken pieces back in. Let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Timing depends on how thick you've cut your chicken. The best way to tell if the chicken is done is to take a piece out and cut into it. If it's pink, add another minute to the cooking.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve: Taste the sauce and add more brown sugar or vinegar to suit your tastes, if you'd like. Serve hot with steamed white or brown rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 374 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 185 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 675 mg, Sugar 24 g, Fat 15 g, ServingSize Serves 4, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN III
This version of the Asian-style favorite includes carrots, bell pepper, garlic and pineapple. The requisite soy sauce and vinegar add the sour to the sweet, and voila! Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
Provided by VINEYIS
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Brown chicken in oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, carrot and garlic and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and soy sauce and mix together; pour mixture into the skillet, along with the pineapple and liquid, vinegar, sugar and ginger. Stir together and bring to a full boil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.1 calories, Carbohydrate 19.9 g, Cholesterol 58.5 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 23.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 603 mg, Sugar 13.9 g
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
Instead of deep-frying chunks of chicken, this streamlined take on an American Chinese restaurant favorite opts for stir-frying it. Sweetness comes from pineapple chunks and juice, plus a touch of brown sugar, while rice wine vinegar delivers that pleasing sour punch.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate. Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce begins to reduce. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer. Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: boneless, skinless chicken breast, salt, pepper, cornstarch, eggs, oil, oil, garlic, bell pepper, cider vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, scallion, sesame seed
Provided by Tasty
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat with cornstarch, dip in beaten egg.
- Fry until golden, crispy and cooked through. Set aside. Dab with paper towel if greasy.
- In a large pan, heat oil and fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper, cider vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- When the sauce has thickened, add the fried chicken. Toss to coat.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
- Nutrition Calories: 2960 Fat: 261 grams Carbs: 77 grams Fiber: 1 grams Sugars: 44 grams Protein: 75 grams
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480 calories, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 39 grams, Sugar 22 grams
My husband and I moved to the country 10 years ago, and I love it! We keep busy with daily chores, so I appreciate quick and easy meals like this.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper; coat chicken. In a skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside. , Saute the celery, green peppers and onion in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return chicken pan. Combine the ketchup, lemon juice, pineapple and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 513mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN
Try an authentic version of this classic Chinese takeaway dish, with natural sweetness and a warm chilli flavour to spice things up
Provided by John Torode
Categories Dinner, Starter
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the sauce, put the red pepper, chunks of chilli and pineapple juice in a pan and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 10 mins, then purée in a food processor. Return to the pan with the pineapple chunks, chilli halves, star anise, tamarind, sugar and vinegar. Gently simmer for 20-30 mins until reduced and sticky. Keep warm, or reheat to serve.
- Fill a large pan 1cm deep with oil and heat until shimmering. Whisk the soda water and 100ml cold water into the self-raising flour with a little salt. Tip the cornflour onto a plate, line a tray with kitchen paper and turn on the oven to low.
- Stir the batter well. Dust the chicken with cornflour, then dip into the batter. One at a time, lower into the hot oil (about 5-6 every batch). Turn up the heat to keep the chicken frying, if needed, and cook for 5-6 mins, turning once. When cooked, drain on the tray, and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Stack onto a plate with the warm sauce on the side, and scatter with shredded spring onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 654 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 82 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 50 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 38 grams protein, Sodium 0.57 milligram of sodium
EASY SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN
Ditch the takeaway and make our simple sweet and sour chicken recipe. This speedy Chinese-style rice dish is ready in under 30 minutes and packed with zingy flavours
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large microwaveable dish, mix the ketchup, vinegar, sugar and garlic thoroughly with the chicken, onion and peppers. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 mins until the chicken is starting to cook and the sauce is sizzling.
- Stir in the pineapple pieces and sugar snap peas and return to the microwave for another 3-5 mins until the chicken is completely cooked. Leave to stand for a few minutes, then stir in the cashews, if using, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305 calories, Fat 2 grams fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 23 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 36 grams protein, Sodium 1.63 milligram of sodium
More about "sweet and sour chicken recipes"
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN | CHICKEN.CA
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN: OUR RESTAURANT RECIPE - THE …
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - JO COOKS
THE BEST SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE | KITCHN
CROCK POT SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN THE COUNTRY COOK RECIPES
SWEET-AND-SOUR CHICKEN WINGS | RECIPE CART
15 SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE WITHOUT PINEAPPLE JUICE
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE BY KEITH VIGON - COOKPAD
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION RECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - SPARKLES TO SPRINKLES
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN ADOBO RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
SPICY, SWEET & SOUR EGG ROLLS AND HOISIN-PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE - TASTE AND TELL
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - GIRL. INSPIRED.
SWEET 'N' SOUR CHICKEN TACO BOWLS - MEXICAN RECIPES
KITCHEN DIARIES CHALLENGE SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN AND PINEAPPLE
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN, PORK, AND MEATBALL RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #healthy #main-dish #fruit #poultry #easy #beginner-cook #low-fat #chicken #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #tropical-fruit #pineapple #meat #equipment
You'll also love