SHRIMP 'COCKTAIL' SKEWERS
Upgrade ordinary shrimp cocktail with these Shrimp 'Cocktail' Skewers. Made with zesty cocktail sauce, lemon and shrimp, these Shrimp 'Cocktail' Skewers are easy, bite-sized and full of your favorite shrimp cocktail flavors.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, 2 skewers each
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in small microwaveable bowl. Let stand 1 min.
- Microwave on HIGH 15 sec.; stir until gelatine is completely dissolved. Add cocktail sauce; whisk until blended.
- Pour into separate small bowl sprayed with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Meanwhile, thread shrimp onto 16 small skewers; place on platter. Squeeze lemon half to drizzle juice evenly over shrimp.
- Unmold gelatine mixture onto cutting board; cut into small cubes. Place over shrimp skewers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 9 g
GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS
- Put the olive oil, garlic and chile flakes in a small skillet. Turn the heat to low and let the mixture heat for about 10 minutes; the oil should just barely simmer around the garlic in the last few minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Transfer to a blender, add the 1 tablespoon oregano and some salt and pepper, and blend until the garlic and oregano are finely chopped. Set aside half of the chile-garlic oil for serving.
- Heat the grill to high. Thread the shrimp onto skewers, about 4 or 5 shrimp per skewer, threading so that the skewers goes through the tail and thick end of each shrimp. Brush the shrimp with some of the chile-garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until lightly golden brown on both sides and opaque, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the skewers to a platter and immediately drizzle with some of the reserved chile-garlic oil (not the oil you used for brushing the raw shrimp). Garnish with oregano, and serve with more of the reserved oil.
During the '60s, shrimp cocktail was one of the most popular party foods around. And it is still a crowd favorite. It's the one appetizer that I serve for every special occasion as well as for munchie meals. -Peggy Allen, Pasadena, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 6 dozen (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Add shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 4-5 minutes. , Drain shrimp and immediately rinse in cold water. Refrigerate until cold, 2-3 hours. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until serving. , Arrange shrimp on a serving platter; serve with sauce. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 555mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 9g protein.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 to 10 for cocktails
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the parsley, basil, mustards, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice. Add the shrimp and allow them to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals, and brush the grilling rack with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. Skewer the shrimp on 6-inch skewers and grill for 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
TORTELLINI & SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE
These fresh skewers and tasty sauce will have guests nibbling all night! -Cacie Biddle, Bridgeport, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 32 appetizers.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until blended. Remove to a small bowl; refrigerate, covered, until serving., Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. Toss with oil. Thread tortellini and shrimp onto toothpicks. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 112mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 5g protein.
BROILED SHRIMP SKEWERS
Any gathering will be special when you serve flavorful and juicy shrimp skewers. They're easy to assemble and broil to perfection. -Anthony Glazik, Peotone, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine the chutney, cilantro, lime juice, oil, pepper sauce and garlic. Cover and refrigerate., Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise and widthwise. In a skillet, partially cook the bacon for 2 minutes on each side; drain. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp. , On 10 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, papaya, pineapple, tomatoes and green onions. Brush with half the chutney mixture. Turn and brush with remaining chutney mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. , Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn and broil until shrimp turn pink, 5-7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 91mg cholesterol, Sodium 523mg sodium, Carbohydrate 58g carbohydrate (41g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
People also searched
More about "shrimp cocktail skewers recipes"
SHRIMP COCKTAIL PARTY SKEWERS | HY-VEE
3.2/5 (43)Calories 80 per serving
WATERMELON AND SHRIMP COCKTAIL SKEWERS - FOOD …
10 BEST SHRIMP SKEWERS APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED SHRIMP COCKTAIL SKEWERS | IGA RECIPES
16 AMAZING SHRIMP SKEWER RECIPES | GET ON MY PLATE
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe. Quick and healthy, this easy grilled shrimp recipe will be a hit at all of your cookouts this summer!
- Honey Garlic & Pineapple Shrimp Skewers. When you need a quick and easy weeknight dinner, consider making these Honey Garlic Shrimp Skewers!
- Chipotle Lime Shrimp Skewers Recipe. Looking for easy appetizers perfect for game night or get-togethers? Try this Chipotle Lime Shrimp Skewers Recipe!
- Zesty Tequila Lime Shrimp Skewers. If you love the zesty fresh flavor of a good margarita, you’ll love this incredible tequila lime shrimp recipe!
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp - Grilled, Baked, or Pan Fried! This lemon garlic shrimp skewers recipe is an easy recipe but packed with flavor!
- Grilled Shrimp and Vegetable Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce. These shrimp and veggie skewers with chimichurri sauce are easy to make on the grill or in the oven and are a great healthy low carb kebab option.
- Shrimp Kabobs Recipe - Spicy and Sweet Grilled Shrimp Skewers! These Sriracha Shrimp Skewers are the perfect mix of sweet and spicy!
- Grilled Pineapple Shrimp Teriyaki Kabobs - Homemade In The Kitchen. Fire up the grill for Grilled Pineapple Shrimp Teriyaki Kabobs with a homemade pineapple teriyaki sauce and grilled pineapple.
- Grilled Tandoori Shrimp. Tandoori shrimp skewers with lemon wedges and lettuce is the perfect appetizer for warm summer evenings.
WATERMELON AND SHRIMP COCKTAIL SKEWERS - FARM STAR LIVING
BEST GRILLED SHRIMP COCKTAIL RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SHRIMP CAPRESE SKEWERS - LIFE CURRENTS - APPETIZERS
SHRIMP 'COCKTAIL' SKEWERS | RECIPE | SHRIMP COCKTAIL, KRAFT RECIPES ...
SHRIMP 'COCKTAIL' SKEWERS | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, HEALTHY LIVING …
TANGY SHRIMP APPETIZER SKEWERS | LINDSAY
WATERMELON AND SHRIMP COCKTAIL SKEWERS - COOKSRECIPES
25 SKEWER APPETIZERS FOR ANY PARTY - INSANELY GOOD
THE BEST SHRIMP SKEWERS IN JUST 10 MINUTES! QUICK & EASY RECIPE
EASY SHRIMP COCKTAIL RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP COCKTAIL
SHRIMP ENTREE RECIPES: PRAWN COCKTAILS, SHRIMP SKEWERS, THAI …
You'll also love