SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND BACON
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and fry the bacon pieces until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Reserve the bacon fat in the skillet and transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Meanwhile, arrange the scallops so they lay flat and are evenly spaced on a plate. Pat them completely dry with a paper towel. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Cook the scallops, undisturbed, over high heat until they are golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip the scallops and cook for 1 minute more. Turn off the heat, add the lemon zest and juice, parsley and reserved bacon pieces and toss to combine. Divide the scallops among 4 plates or a serving platter and serve immediately.
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS RECIPE
Bacon Wrapped Scallops are an impressive seafood dish that are surprisingly quick and easy to create. Skip the crowded restaurant this Valentine's Day and make your own gourmet low-carb and keto feast at home!
Provided by London Brazil
Categories Dinner entree main dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook bacon over medium to medium-low heat in a large skillet for 10-12 minutes. The bacon should be almost cooked through but still pliable.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and let drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Prepare scallops by removing the tough tendons, or side muscles, and patting dry.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each scallop. Secure the strip of bacon with a toothpick.
- Whisk together butter, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large, clean skillet over medium to medium-low heat add 1 tablespoon of a high smoke point oil.
- Cook wrapped scallops for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 120 degrees.
- Brush the butter garlic sauce on top during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- Remove scallops from the skillet and let rest for 5 minutes. Once the temperature reaches 130 degrees they are ready to be served.
- Serve scallops with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352 kcal, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 17 g, Fat 28 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, Sodium 831 mg, Sugar 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH A CORN, BACON AND AVOCADO RELISH
- Take a small bowl and place it upside-down inside a large bowl. (This will provide a small stand for your corn, making it easier to remove the kernels, and the large bowl will catch them as the fall, avoiding a mess.) Using a knife, remove the kernels from the corn, letting them fall into the bowl.
- Dice the onion and red bell pepper and add them to the bowl with the corn. Add 1 tablespoon of the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mix to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Set a pan over medium heat and add some oil. Add the corn mixture to the pan and cook until the onions begin to soften, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Sprinkle the sea scallops with salt and pepper. Set a pan over medium-high heat and add some oil. Add the scallops and sear until golden in color, about 1 minute on each side. Remove from the heat and let rest.
- Dice the avocados and add them to the corn relish along with the chopped bacon. Season with salt and pepper and mix together.
- Evenly distribute the relish among 4 plates and top each with 4 scallops. Garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON
Bacon and scallops are a classic combination. Here, the smoky-and-sweet pairing is used as a savory topping for our Sauteed Zucchini and Wax Beans.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat, and add bacon. Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, and transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Drain excess fat, leaving a thin coat on bottom of pan. Increase heat to medium, add scallops to pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until golden brown and opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer scallops to the serving dish, and add shallots to pan. When shallots are translucent, add white wine; scrape browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter, and pour over scallops; top with reserved bacon. Serve over ribbon zucchini.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH SPICED BACON AND SUMMER SALAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- HEAT grill to medium heat. GRILL corn 10 to 12 min. or until lightly charred, turning occasionally. Cool. CUT kernels off corn cobs; place in medium bowl. Add peas, tomatoes, radishes, shallots and 1 Tbsp. oil; mix lightly. Stir in cilantro, lime zest and juice. MEANWHILE, toss scallops with pepper and remaining oil until evenly coated. Grill 2 min. on each side or until opaque. Remove from grill. COMBINE brown sugar and A.1. in small bowl. Place bacon in single layer on 2 tacked large sheets heavy duty foil; brush with sugar mixture. Fold sides of foil to create rim and enclose bacon. Cook 6 min. or until crisp, turning occasionally. DRAIN bacon on paper towels, then break each piece into thirds. Serve scallops topped with bacon piece.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON, TARRAGON AND LEMON
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp but not dry and drain on a piece of paper towel. Leave 1 tablespoon of the drippings in the pan (there probably won't be much more than that, but discard any extra if there is).
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper, to taste. Increase the heat under the skillet to medium-high, add the butter, and sear the scallops until brown and glossy, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops to a plate and set aside.
- Remove pan from heat and add the vermouth and lemon juice. Now return the skillet to the heat and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until reduced by half. Stir in the water.
- While the sauce reduces, slice the scallops in half vertically. Slip them into the reduced sauce with the tarragon, parsley, and bacon bits and give the skillet a swirl to bring everything together. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Divide the scallops with their sauce among small plates or Asian soup spoons and serve immediately.
More about "seared scallops with bacon recipes"
BACON SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
4.8/5 (106)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 309 per serving
19 SCALLOP RECIPES FOR A RESTAURANT-QUALITY …
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON SUCCOTASH
PAN SEARED SCALLOP PASTA WITH CREAMY BACON …
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON - CANADIAN …
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON-BRAISED CHARD …
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON AND SPINACH RECIPE
4.5/5 (21)Calories 323 per servingServings 4
- Cook bacon in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; coarsely chop and set bacon aside. Increase heat to high.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle scallops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add scallops to drippings in pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to a plate; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add half of spinach; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add remaining half of spinach; cook 2 minutes or just until wilted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates; top each serving evenly with crumbled bacon and 3 scallops. Serve immediately with lemon wedges, if desired.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH MINT PEAS AND BACON RECIPE RECIPES
KETO SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER & CAULIFLOWER PUREE
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE | RECIPECRITIC
TOP 47 BACON SCALLOPS RECIPES PAN SEARED
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON, CABBAGE, AND APPLE RECIPE
TOP 42 BACON SCALLOPS RECIPES PAN SEARED
SCALLOP BLTS (SEARED SCALLOPS WITH STEWED TOMATOES, GRILLED …
TOP 44 BACON SCALLOPS RECIPES PAN SEARED - DMAX.YOURAMYS.COM
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON AND SPINACH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SEARED U-10 SCALLOPS WITH BACON JAM AND BASIL - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON - RASA MALAYSIA
BACON SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE - DAMN DELICIOUS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON LEMON CREAM SAUCE - JUST COOK
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love