I get lots of plums from neighbors who are glad to share. My husband loves this special dessert. Of course, he claims to only like two kinds of pies-warm ones and cold ones!-Shirley Smith, Noti, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and crumbs. Line a 9-in. pie pan with bottom crust; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture and pack gently. Cover with plums. Combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over plums., Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Make small cuts or slits in top crust; place over plums. Seal and flute edges. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 472 calories, Fat 19g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 21mg cholesterol, Sodium 271mg sodium, Carbohydrate 74g carbohydrate (42g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
EASY AS PLUM PIE
With no peeling to be done, plum pie is one of the easiest and fastest pies to make, and sooooo good especially with whipped cream or ice cream on top. Prep time doesn't include making the crust. Use your favorite homemade double crust pie shell, or the dreaded store bought - either way it's as easy as Pie!
Provided by momaphet
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place one pie crust into a 9"pie dish.
- Wash plums, do not peel.
- Cut plums in half remove pit, then into quarters.
- Arrange plums in the pie crust.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, then sprinkle over the plums.
- Dot with the butter.
- Place top crust over plums, trim crust edges with enough to turn under, then crimp crust edge.
- Cut about 6 1" slits into the top of the pie.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes, reduce heat to 325 degrees, bake 25 minutes longer or until plums are tender.
- Cool, serve warm or cold.
FAVORITE PLUM PIE
I know there are lots of pie recipes on AllRecipes.com. I only found one for classic plum pie, and lots for cherry pie, but each had features I didn't care for, so I combined what I thought were the best parts, and this is the result. This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, or whatever, depending on the amount of fruit you have.
Provided by Michael Thompson
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place plums into a bowl and stir in sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and almond extract with a rubber spatula. Spoon into a prepared pie shell.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and crust is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.5 calories, Carbohydrate 46.1 g, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 117.3 mg, Sugar 31.2 g
This pie has a decorative and tasty streusel topping on it. If using apples in this pie be sure to add 1/4 teaspoon of ground mace in streusel topping. Substitutions: walnuts may be used instead of hazelnuts; few drops of lemon oil may be used instead of lemon zest; also apple or cherries can be used in place of plums.
Provided by MARBALET
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a large bowl combine 3 cups flour, 3/4 cups white sugar, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Mix thoroughly, then cut in 2/3 cup butter or margarine with a pastry blender, until pieces are the size of small peas. Stir in eggs, vanilla extract, milk and lemon zest. Mix just until all ingredients are combined. Allow dough to rest in refrigerator.
- To Make Streusel Topping: In a medium bowl mix 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, chopped nuts, and grated lemon zest. Work in butter or margarine with fingers until all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- To Make Fruit Filling: Place pitted and sliced fruit in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix remaining sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg until thoroughly combined. Pour over fruit and stir gently until all fruit is evenly coated.
- Roll out pie crust and place in a 9 inch pie pan. Trim and flute edges, then pour in fruit filling. Evenly cover fruit with streusel topping and bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685.3 calories, Carbohydrate 109.1 g, Cholesterol 99.1 mg, Fat 24.9 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 13.3 g, Sodium 424.1 mg, Sugar 61.5 g
RUSTIC PLUM PIE
- Make dough:
- Cut butter into bits and in a bowl with a pastry blender or in a food processor blend or pulse together with, flour, sugar, and salt until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 tablespoons ice water and toss or pulse until incorporated. Add enough remaining ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork or pulsing to incorporate, to form a dough. Gather dough into a ball. On a work surface smear dough with heel of hand in 3 or 4 forward motions to make dough easier to work with. Form dough into a ball and flatten into a disk. Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make filling:
- Halve and pit plums. Cut plums into 3/4-inch-thick wedges and in a bowl toss with sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- On a lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin roll out dough into an 11-inch round (about 1/8 inch thick). Transfer dough to a 9-inch (1-quart) glass pie plate. (Do not trim overhang.) Spoon filling into shell and fold edge of dough over filling, leaving center uncovered. Bake pie in middle of oven 35 minutes. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake pie 10 minutes more, or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden. Cool pie on a rack.
CLASSIC PLUM PIE WITH CUSTARD
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and put a large baking sheet in to heat up. Put the plums, sugar and cloves in a pan. Simmer until the sugar dissolves and the plums are juicy, 8-10 mins. Mix the cornflour with a little of the juice, then mix well into the fruit. Boil for a few mins, stirring, until thickened.
- For the custard, blend the yolks and sugar. Heat the milk, cream and vanilla in a pan until almost boiling, then gently pour onto the egg mix, whisking constantly. Return to a clean pan and heat gently, stirring, until the mix thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Cool quickly, then chill. Custard can be made up to a day ahead and gently reheated.
- Roll out two-thirds of the pastry on a floured surface. Use to line a pie dish, letting the pastry hang over the edges a little. Fill with the plums. Roll out remaining pastry, about 2.5cm bigger than the dish, then drape over the plums. Pinch edges together well, then make a small hole in the top. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Can be assembled up to 1 day ahead. Place on the hot baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown, and serve hot with the custard.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 681 calories, Fat 41 grams fat, SaturatedFat 19 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 75 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 42 grams sugar, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 0.77 milligram of sodium
CHERRY PLUM SLAB PIE WITH WALNUT STREUSEL
I love to make desserts with fruit all summer! If you use store-bought crust, I recommend stacking your two pie crusts on top of each other and then rolling them to the correct size. -Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cherries, plums, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; toss to coat., On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16x12-in. rectangle; transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Trim even with rim of dish. Add filling. For topping, in a small bowl, mix oats, walnuts, flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling., Bake until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown, 50-55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279 calories, Fat 16g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 155mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "russs plum pie recipes"
AUTUMN PRUNE PLUM PIE WITH ALMOND THYME CRUST
PLUM PIE RECIPE, PLUM BISCUIT PIE, RUSTIC PLUM PIE RECIPE
AWARD WINNING PLUM PIE RECIPE - SIMPLE COMFORT FOOD
PLUM PIE: THE BEST START TO FALL - RUSSIA BEYOND
EASY RUSTIC PLUM PIE - ITALIAN RECIPE BOOK
10 BEST RUSSIAN PIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RUSTIC PLUM AND BLACKBERRY PIE | RICARDO - RICARDO CUISINE
5/5 (6)Calories 340 per servingCategory Desserts
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter and pulse for a few seconds at a time until it is the size of small peas. Add the milk and egg yolk. Pulse until the dough just begins to form into a ball. Remove the dough from the food processor and form into a disc with your hands.
RUSTIC PLUM PIE RECIPE - MASHED
SPICED PLUM PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PLUM PIE | CANADIAN LIVING
PLUM PIE - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
EUROPEAN PLUM PIE RECIPE - MOMSDISH
FRESH PLUM PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RUSS'S PLUM PIE RECIPE | RECIPE4LIVING
GINGERED PLUM STREUSEL PIE RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
You'll also love