WHOLE ROASTED SHALLOTS AND POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY
I wanted to roast shallots the other day and found this recipe on the back of the package. I'm so glad I tried it, it smells wonderful too! We had it with roast chicken, but I'm sure it would go equally well with roast lamb or beef.
Provided by -Sylvie-
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- In a large baking tray mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar (you can leave the balsamic vinegar out if you don't have any or don't like it), add the whole twigs of rosemary.
- Add the shallots and potatoes, stir so everything gets coated well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, for approximately 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Depending on the size of the vegetables and your oven, they might take a little less or longer, according to some reviews it might be worth checking after about 45 minutes.
- Stir once or twice while roasting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.1, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 1.5, Sodium 38.6, Carbohydrate 41.2, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 3.1, Protein 4.8
THYME ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS
This quick, versatile side dish complements any main, especially those with boldly flavored sauces or marinades. New potatoes cook quickly when halved, so pair this dish with an easy main, such as grilled chicken or salmon. Roasting potatoes is a great way to get the satisfying side dish crunch you crave without the calories of French fries. You can easily adjust this recipe to your palate preferences, but we think the thyme-shallot combo brings out the best flavor of this easy potato side dish. Save this one for busy weeknights, or when you need a little lightened up comfort food on the side.
Provided by Adam Hickman
Yield Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 475°F (leave pan in oven as it preheats).
- Combine oil, salt, pepper, potatoes, and shallots in a bowl; toss to coat. Add potato mixture to pan; bake at 475°F for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, stirring once after 7 minutes. Carefully remove pan from oven; sprinkle with thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 261 mg, Sugar 2 g
SALT-ROASTED POTATOES, SHALLOTS, AND CHESTNUTS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1 cup salt into a 2-quart baking dish. Stand potatoes, chestnuts, and shallots upright in salt, nestled together with rosemary in between. Pour remaining 2 cups salt over top; shake dish gently to distribute evenly. Cover with parchment-lined foil and bake until potatoes and shallots are tender, about 2 hours. Keep covered at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Remove potatoes, chestnuts, and shallots from dish, rubbing off any large bits of salt. Discard salt and rosemary. Slice potatoes and shallots in half (or quarters, if large) and arrange on a serving platter with chestnuts (also cut in half, if large). Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
ROASTED NEW POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS AND SAGE
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook butter and fresh sage in small saucepan over medium-heat until butter simmers and is well flavored with sage, about 4 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with dried sage and 2 tablespoons sage butter in bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer potatoes to 2 baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes.
- Toss shallots in same bowl with 1 tablespoon sage butter. Season with salt and pepper. Divide shallots between baking sheets. Roast until potatoes and shallots are tender and golden, turning occasionally, about 35 minutes longer. Transfer potatoes and shallots to large bowl. Add remaining sage butter; toss. Season with salt and pepper.
YUKON GOLD MASHED POTATOES WITH ROASTED SHALLOTS
Roasted shallots and fresh thyme give these potatoes an added depth of flavor. Preparation time is 20 minutes. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
Provided by Robyn Webb
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the shallots, oil, broth, thyme, pepper and salt in a small casserole dish. Cover and roast until the shallots are very soft and brown, about 45 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain and place the potatoes back in the pot over low heat to dry.
- Heat the milk over medium low heat. Add it to the potatoes and beat with a mixer. Add the roasted shallots and beat again until potatoes are smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12.5 g, Cholesterol 0.9 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 60.8 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
ROASTED POTATOES, SHALLOTS, AND KALE WITH CARAMELIZED GARLIC DRESSING
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Quarter potatoes and in a bowl toss with shallots, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking pan.
- Wrap garlic tightly in foil and put in pan with potatoes.
- In a large bowl toss kale with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and salt and pepper to taste until combined well. Arrange kale in one layer in another shallow baking pan. Roast kale, potato mixture, and garlic in middle and bottom thirds of oven, switching position of pans in oven halfway through roasting and stirring vegetables occasionally, until potato mixture is golden brown and tender, kale is crisp, and garlic is soft, about 15 minutes. Transfer vegetables (except garlic) to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Carefully remove garlic from foil and peel. In small bowl with a fork mash garlic with vinegar until smooth and season with salt and pepper. Add dressing to vegetables and toss. Potatoes may be made 4 hours ahead.
- Serve potatoes hot or at room temperature.
ROASTED NEW POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the potatoes with the shallots in a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients; toss to coat evenly.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish and roast for about 30 minutes, mixing about halfway through.
I've been making this forever from my Fields of Greens cookbook. I went to add it to a menu & it isn't posted here. Had to fix that. ;)
Provided by Elmotoo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cut the ends off the shallots and peel them. If you are struggling with getting the skin off, make a shallow cut along the length of the shallot and then peel. Place them on a small baking sheet and drizzle them lightly with olive oil.
- Pour on the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with a good pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Use a rubber spatula or your hands to mix well.
- Lay down the thyme sprigs and cover the pan with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove and discard the thyme sprigs. Allow to cool slightly and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.8, Fat 0.1, Sodium 15.5, Carbohydrate 20.4, Sugar 1.2, Protein 2.9
ROASTED POTATOES, CARROTS AND SHALLOTS WITH ROSEMARY
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine potatoes, carrots, shallots and oil in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer vegetables to roasting pan. Roast until vegetables are almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes. Add rosemary and roast until vegetables are golden brown and tender, about 15 minutes longer. Transfer vegetables to bowl.
More about "roasted potatoes and shallots recipes"
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsPublished Nov 20, 2013
CRISPY SHALLOT ROASTED POTATOES - TASTEFULLY GRACE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROASTED POTATOES WITH TOMATO AND SHALLOT
CRISPY ROASTED PURPLE POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS - BLACKBERRY …
ROASTED SHALLOTS AND POTATOES | TASTYCOOKERY
RECIPE: TENDERLOIN STEAKS & CHERRY PAN SAUCE WITH ROASTED …
ROASTED GARLIC AND SHALLOT MASHED POTATOES RECIPE ~ MACHEESMO
ROASTED RED POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS AND FRESH HERBS RECIPES
25-MINUTE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND SWEET POTATOES
TOP 42 ROASTED NEW POTATOES WITH SHALLOTS RECIPES
POTATO AND SHALLOT RECIPES - SUPERCOOK
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
LIGHTENED-UP ROASTED BABY POTATOES - LILLIE EATS AND TELLS
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS | A HINT OF HONEY
10+ DIETITIAN-FAVORITE NEW SOUP RECIPES | EATINGWELL
ROASTED SWEET POTATO SALAD RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
CAST IRON-ROASTED POTATOES WITH GARLIC AND SHALLOTS
You'll also love