DILL POTATOES ROMANOFF
These tangy potato cubes, topped with cheddar cheese, can be mixed ahead and refrigerated until you're ready to bake them. Rita Deere of Evansville, Indiana likes to serve them with steak and green beans.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. , In a blender or food processor, puree the cottage cheese, sour cream and flour. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in the onion, dill and salt. Add the potatoes; toss gently. , Transfer to a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts :
STEAKHOUSE POTATOES ROMANOFF
They say what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, but that's mostly because people just don't remember exactly what happened. Well, the only thing I didn't forget was this special potato gratin that Chef John Schenk taught me how to make 10 years ago at his restaurant Strip House. Not only is it the soul mate of steak, but it's also a great side dish for big holiday gatherings since you can make it the day before and bake when needed.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a casserole dish.
- Wrap each potato in foil and place on a baking sheet. Poke holes into potatoes using a knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very tender and easily pierced with a knife, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let potatoes cool to room temperature, at least 20 minutes. Unwrap. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Shred potatoes into a large bowl using a cheese grater. Mince shallots to get 1/4 to 1/3 cup.
- Add shallots in with the potatoes; season with salt, white pepper, and cayenne. Toss with two forks until well combined. Add Cheddar cheese and mix well. Gently toss in sour cream until barely combined. Transfer mixture into the prepared baking dish, piling it up high, then patting it down very lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until piping hot and top is browned, 30 to 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.4 calories, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 60.5 mg, Fat 22.9 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 13.5 g, SaturatedFat 14.4 g, Sodium 979.2 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes , onion, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese (reserve about a 1/2 cup of cheese for the top), and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in the sour cream until just combined.
- Butter a casserole dish, or individual ramekins , and spoon in the mixture. (You want as an irregular a surface as possible, with lots of nooks and crannies.)
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321 kcal, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 56 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 370 mg, Sugar 4 g, Fat 19 g, ServingSize 1 casserole (6 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
Being Irish, I do require potatoes as a regular part of my diet. I get tired of the same old thing, though, and this recipe changes things up a bit.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and quarter the potatoes. Place in a saucepan, cover with boiling water, and cook until tender. Drain and shred coarsley with a grater.
- In a bowl, combine shredded potatoes with sour cream, scallions, 2/3 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well and transfer to a shallow baking dish or pie plate (9-10 inches).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Dust with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until golden.
- (If you would like to make this ahead of time, just add 10 minutes or so to the baking time if the unbaked potatoes are chilled.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.6, Fat 16, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 41.6, Sodium 370.4, Carbohydrate 27.5, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 1.5, Protein 10.1
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pierce each scrubbed, unpeeled potato several times with a fork. Bake directly on oven rack until tender, about one hour. Cool potatoes completely. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate potatoes with skin left on, using large holes of box grater, into large bowl. Add onion, 1 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Add 1/2 of sour cream, stir gently to blend. Repeat with remaining sour cream.
- Spoon potato mixture into buttered 1-2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and bubbling, about 30 minutes,.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.5, Fat 27.1, SaturatedFat 16.6, Cholesterol 79.3, Sodium 1123.5, Carbohydrate 30.6, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 4.3, Protein 16.2
- Boil potatoes until tender. Mash with butter, sour cream, onions, 3/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper.
- Turn mixture into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 40 minutes.
- In a 2 quart micro-wave safe casserole dish, combine water, chicken soup mix and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH (full power) for 11 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender; stirring once half way during cooking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine half and half, flour, onions, salt, white pepper, garlic salt and granulated garlic.
- Stir this mixture into the potatoes; mixing well.
- Sprinkle melted butter over top.
- Microwave on HIGH (full power, uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens slightly; stirring twice during cooking).
- Stir in sour cream and mustard.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH (full power) uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve Hot.
- If desired, add some flaked or grated ham before sprinkling the cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.8, Fat 19.8, SaturatedFat 12.4, Cholesterol 53.8, Sodium 384.9, Carbohydrate 32.3, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 2.3, Protein 10
People also searched
More about "potatoes romanoff recipes"
POTATOES ROMANOFF RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
POTATOES ROMANOFF RECIPE (CHEESY POTATO …
BEST POTATOES ROMANOFF RECIPE | ( EASY …
POTATOES ROMANOFF | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
28 POTATOES ROMANOFF RECIPE IDEAS - PINTEREST
23 POTATOES ROMANOFF RECIPE IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, FOOD DISHES ...
POTATOES ROMANOFF - THIS DIDN'T STAY IN VEGAS - BLOGGER
POTATOES ROMANOFF | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
TOP 41 STEAKHOUSE POTATOES ROMANOFF RECIPE RECIPES
EASY POTATO ROMANOFF - TWISTED MIKES - YOUTUBE
SLOW COOKER POTATOES ROMANOFF - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
QUICK EASY POTATOES ROMANOFF - THE BEACH HOUSE KITCHEN
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN BREAST - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
POTATOES ROMANOFF - TOP RECIPES
POTATOES ROMANOFF RECIPE | RECIPE | POTATOES ROMANOFF RECIPE, …
POTATOES ROMANOFF - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #casseroles #main-dish #eggs-dairy #potatoes #vegetables #oven #easy #european #microwave #dinner-party #russian #cheese #dietary #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make potato Romanoff?Potatoes Romanoff is a classic side dish with shredded potatoes, cheese and sour cream. Elegant yet simple, and perfect for any occasion. Preheat oven to 375℉ and grease a 2 qt baking dish. In a small pan, melt the butter over medium low heat and saute the shallot until softened and translucent, about 4 minutes.
Can you freeze potatoes Romanoff with cheese?Yes, you can freeze potatoes Romanoff with cheese. First, let it cool completely. Then, tightly wrap potatoes in casserole using aluminum foil. Store in the refrigerator for up to one month. We prefer using Russet potatoes for this recipe, but you can also use Yukon Golds’ potatoes or Idaho potatoes.
What is the best seasoning for Romanoff potatoes?It will add more of a sweet flavor with a tiny bit of sharpness. Seasonings: Paprika (used for serving), kosher salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder is the perfect flavor combination for romanoff potatoes.
How to make a potato casserole?Combine the sour cream, salt, pepper, 2 cups of white cheddar, shallot, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Gently fold in the shredded potatoes. You want to do this carefully so you keep the shredded texture of the potatoes. Assemble Casserole – Pile the potatoes into the greased baking dish and top with the rest of the cheddar and parmesan.