CRISPY ROASTED CHICKEN
This oven-roasted chicken is inspired by the Brathaehnchen served commonly in Bavarian Biergartens, small shops, and food carts. You can serve this chicken with many side dishes, but favorites are fried potatoes or spaetzle and a nice garden salad. Weiss beer doesn't hurt at all!
Provided by Doc Simonson
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a spice grinder or mortar, combine kosher salt, caraway seeds, sage, fennel, coriander, and rosemary. Grind to a coarse powder. Transfer spice mixture to a bowl and stir in paprika, garlic powder, flour, and onion powder; mix in vegetable oil to make a smooth paste.
- Pat chicken halves dry with paper towels and tuck wing tips up behind the back. Brush spice paste onto chicken halves, coating both sides, taking care to season under wings and legs. Place chicken halves in baking dish or roasting pan with skin sides up, leaving space around chicken so halves aren't touching.
- Roast in preheated oven until a thermometer inserted in a thigh reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 495.3 calories, Carbohydrate 3.1 g, Cholesterol 129.3 mg, Fat 34.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 41.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 445.6 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN
For the perfect roast chicken dinner every time, try this popular recipe from Ina Garten, Food Network's Barefoot Contessa.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, both halves of lemon, and all the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the onions, carrots, and fennel in a roasting pan. Toss with salt, pepper, 20 sprigs of thyme, and olive oil. Spread around the bottom of the roasting pan and place the chicken on top.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter and cover with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes. Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve it with the vegetables.
CRISPY ROAST CHICKEN
Classic and delicious, this roast chicken recipe will shine on the table fresh from the oven, served with any side. And this oven-roasted chicken is basic enough to play well in any recipe that calls for cooked chicken.
Provided by EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories Healthy Whole Chicken Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pat chicken dry, and place, breast side up, on a wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Loosen and lift skin from breasts, thighs, and legs with fingers. (Do not totally detach skin.) Stir together butter, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly underneath loosened skin. Carefully replace skin. Place lemon, onion, and garlic in cavity, and tie legs together with kitchen twine.
- Roast in preheated oven until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of breast registers 165F, 60 to 70 minutes. Let rest 20 minutes before carving. Discard skin, lemon, onion, and garlic.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 11 g, Protein 32 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 415 mg
CRISPY ROAST CHICKEN
Here's how to get a ROASTED CHICKEN really crispy and crunchy. (For extra crispy Fried Chicken, see my recipe #207405.) It's easy...your guests will be impressed! There's a secret: cornstarch. After piercing the chicken and rubbing the skin with the cornstarch rub, the fat escapes and mixes with the starch, creating the crisp coating.
Provided by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Line roasting pan with foil.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position.
- Place roasting pan on rack and heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Coat V rack with cooking spray.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons salt in small mixing bowl.
- Poke holes all over chicken skin, using skewer.
- Rub cornstarch mixture evenly over chicken.
- Remove roasting pan from oven.
- Place chicken in V-rack, wing side down.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove roasting pan from oven and, using wad of paper towels, flip chicken so that other wing is facing up.
- Roast another 15 minutes.
- Again remove roasting pan from oven and, using wad of paper towels, flip chicken so that breast side is up.
- Roast chicken another 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and insert chicken on angelfood cake pan or empty soda can.
- Rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve chicken and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578.7, Fat 42.9, SaturatedFat 11.9, Cholesterol 187.2, Sodium 174.4, Carbohydrate 1.2, Protein 44
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN
Want a roasted chicken that is juicy inside without the use of a baking bag or flour? Then this recipe is perfect. It is quick and easy to prepare. The picture shown does display a chicken that was cooked in a bag, but the chicken was also roasted with vegetables and needed the bag to immerse the vegetables in the chicken flavor. I still guarantee a juicy chicken without the use of a bag each and every time.
Provided by jenmat
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse and pat chicken thoroughly dry with paper towels. Mix margarine, garlic salt, black pepper, thyme, parsley, and rosemary in a bowl and rub the outside of the chicken thoroughly with the margarine mixture. Place any remaining margarine mixture into the cavity of the chicken. Place chicken into a glass baking dish.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until browned and the juices run clear, about 2 hours. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh, not touching bone, should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 650.4 calories, Carbohydrate 1.2 g, Cholesterol 129.3 mg, Fat 52.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 41.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.6 g, Sodium 1381.5 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
More about "perfect crispy roast chicken breasts recipes"
PERFECT CRISPY ROAST CHICKEN | JERNEJ KITCHEN
4.3/5 (12)Category Steak And RoastServings 6Total Time 1 hr 55 mins
- Place the chicken from the fridge one hour before you want to roast it, to let it come up to room temperature. Pat dry with kitchen towels and season lightly with salt both inside and outside. Then remove the tip of the wings using a sharp knife. Also cut off the neck and remove the wishbone, as seen on the photos.
- Peel the carrots and cut it on large chunks. Cut the onions and garlic head in half. Peel the celery stalks and cut them on larger chunks. Put everything into the middle of a large roasting pan. Add the halved lemon and a sprig of thyme. Also add the removed chicken parts (they will release that wonderful juices that you want for the flavor of your sauce). Preheat the oven to 200 °C / 390 °F or 180 °C / 355 °F if you are using a convection oven.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables. In a bowl combine olive oil with 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1 tsp salt. Stir to combine. Season well the insides of the chicken, then evenly brush the whole chicken with the olive oil mixture. Make sure to brush under the thighs and wings as well. Don't truss the wings and thighs. It's better for the thighs and wings to be free, that way they will get baked more evenly because the temperature will be more even.
- Place the roasting pan with your chicken and vegetables on the lowest rack in the oven, with the legs of the chicken facing the ventilator (this way the chicken will get baked more evenly). First roast the chicken in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 °C / 390 °F (or 180 °C / 355 °F convection oven), plus another 18 - 20 minutes for every 500g (1.1lbs) of the chicken. For example, our chicken has 2.5 kg, so we are going to cook it for 18 - 20 minutes x 5 = 90 minutes. Total roasting time is 1 hour and 40 minutes.
CRISPY OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST - CRAVING TASTY
5/5 (53)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 349 per serving
- Dry chicken breasts with a paper towel and rub with olive oil all over. Evenly sprinkle salt and spices on each side and gently pat to make sure the seasoning properly adheres to the surface of the chicken.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Fit a cooling rack inside the baking sheet and set aside.
PERFECT SIMPLE ROAST CHICKEN - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHRISTMAS RECIPES
10 BEST OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CRISPY BAKED BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
THE WORLD'S MOST PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - DELISH
THE PERFECT CRISPY AIR FRYER ROAST CHICKEN | CULINARY CARTEL
4-INGREDIENT CHEESY RANCH CHICKEN RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
PERFECTLY ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST | CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
CRISPY ROASTED CHICKEN WITH PERFECT SKIN | D'ARTAGNAN
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN | RECIPES
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN | ALLRECIPES
PERFECT BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
17 ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPES PERFECT FOR WEEKNIGHT DINNERS
CRISPY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS - BUDGET BYTES
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN - GOLDEN AND JUICY! [VIDEO] - THE RECIPE REBEL
20 BEST GOOSE BREAST RECIPES TO TRY - GLORIOUSRECIPES.COM
PERFECT CRISPY ROASTED CHICKEN - LIZEE ANGEL
You'll also love