LEMON POKE CAKE
PERFECT Lemon Poke Cake. Original recipe! Moist, easy, and bursting with lemon flavor, this old fashioned lemon jello cake will melt in your mouth!
Provided by Erin Clarke / Well Plated
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water. (I measured the water into a large measuring cup, then stirred the gelatin right in. You could also do this in a heatproof bowl.) Let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the oil, applesauce, and eggs until combined. Beat in the cooled gelatin. Reduce the speed to low, then slowly add in the cake mix, stopping as soon as the dry ingredients disappear.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top springs back lightly when touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- While the cake bakes, in a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- While the cake is still warm, use the tines of a fork to poke holes all over the top. Pour the glaze slowly and evenly over the top, allowing it to drip down into the holes. Let cool to room temperature. Enjoy warm or hot with plenty of fresh berries and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 slice of 20, Calories 201 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 37 mg, Sugar 13 g
LEMON POKE CAKE
This deliciously moist BEST Lemon Poke Cake recipe is perfect for any occasion! It's made easy thanks to a boxed cake mix and instant pudding!
Provided by Jessica Formicola
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs and lemon extract or fresh lemon juice. Mix until just combined. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cake passes the toothpick test.
- Remove cake from the oven and poke with the end of a wooden spoon or a straw while still hot. Make many holes. The more holes, the more space for the delicious pudding to hide.
- Allow the cake to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile whisk together instant lemon pudding mix with milk. It will be liquidy, but will start to thicken as you whisk. It will take about 2 minutes. When you start to feel resistance allow to stand for 1 minute. Don't wait until it sets too long or it will be too thick to sink down into your holes.
- Pour pudding mix over cake, patting down into the holes. Use a toothpick and prick more holes into the cake and pudding. Tap the whole dish several times to allow the pudding to settle into the cake.
- Chill for a minimum of 30 minutes, but wait to frost until cake is cooled or else the frosting will melt.
- When ready to frost, prepare whipped lemon frosting whip cream in a large bowl until it starts to stiffen. Add powdered sugar.
- Fold in lemon extract or fresh lemon juice.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320 kcal, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Cholesterol 74 mg, Sodium 282 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 17 g, ServingSize 1 serving
LEMON PUDDING POKE CAKE
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package for 13x9-inch baking pan, using the egg whites, water and oil. Remove from oven. Immediately poke holes down through cake to bottom of pan with round handle of wooden spoon. (Or, poke holes with a plastic drinking straw, using turning motion to make large holes.) Holes should be at 1-inch intervals.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes. Immediately pour about half of the thin pudding mixture evenly over warm cake and into holes to make stripes. Let remaining pudding mixture stand until slightly thickened. Spoon over top of cake, swirling to "frost" cake.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Cut into 24 squares. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156.5 calories, Carbohydrate 26.5 g, Cholesterol 4.1 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 266 mg, Sugar 19.8 g
LEMON POKE CAKE
I got this off of allrecipes.com website. It is delicious!!!!!! I have made it 3-4 times since finding it in March. Very moist, YUM.
Provided by ladyautumn
Yield 1 9 x 13 cake, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrres. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Add the water, oil, and eggs, mix until smooth and well blended. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. While the cake is still hot poke holes in the top with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Pour over hot cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.6, Fat 11.9, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 53.5, Sodium 310.4, Carbohydrate 46.5, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 28.9, Protein 3
LEMON POKE CAKE II
This is a moist lemony cake. It is called a poke cake because you poke holes in it to absorb the glaze. If you want, you can serve this with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
Provided by MARBALET
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Add the water, oil and eggs, mix until smooth and well blended. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to45 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. While the cake is still hot, poke holes in the top with a fork. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and confectioners sugar until smooth. Pour over hot cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.2 calories, Carbohydrate 30.9 g, Cholesterol 31.4 mg, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 206.2 mg, Sugar 19.3 g
LEMON CURD POKE CAKE
A super easy recipe to make a delicious, moist, and lemony cake. For ease and convenience I made it with store-bought lemon curd but feel free to use homemade.
Provided by Yoly
Categories Poke Cake
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, water, and oil in a large bowl until well blended. Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 27 minutes. Transfer cake to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Poke holes into the top of the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon, about 1/2 inch apart.
- Pour lemon curd over the cake and spread with a spatula until lemon curd is absorbed into the holes. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Frost with whipped topping and sprinkle with lemon zest. Keep refrigerated until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.8 calories, Carbohydrate 37.8 g, Cholesterol 56.5 mg, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 223.8 mg, Sugar 26.2 g
People also searched
More about "lemon poke cake recipes"
EASY LEMON POKE CAKE RECIPE - CRAYONS & CRAVINGS
4.7/5 (27)Total Time 3 hrs 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 421 per serving
- Prepare and bake cake in a 9x13 pan as directed on the cake mix box. Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add Lemon Jello mix to a medium-sized bowl. Pour boiling water over gelatin and stir well for 2 minutes or until all the powder dissolves.
LEMON POKE CAKE RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
LEMON POKE CAKE RECIPE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
LEMON POKE CAKE - FROM SCRATCH DESSERT - LIFE CURRENTS
LEMON POKE CAKE - EASY BUDGET RECIPES
LEMON CURD POKE CAKE - EASY COOK FIND
LEMON POKE CAKE RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
LEMON CURD POKE CAKE RECIPE - SOMETHING SWANKY
EASY LEMON POKE CAKE RECIPE - DESSERTS ON A DIME
LEMON POKE CAKE (OVEN RECIPE) - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
TRIPLE LEMON POKE CAKE - PROVEN RECIPES
EASY LEMON POKE CAKE - THE ITSY-BITSY KITCHEN
EASY CAKE RECIPE WITH LEMON | THE CAKE BOUTIQUE
10 BEST LEMON PUDDING POKE CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMON-BLUEBERRY POKE CAKE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
LEMON PUDDING POKE CAKE - TASTES OF HOMEMADE
HEAVENLY LEMON CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
LEMON POKE CAKE | RECIPE CART
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #desserts #easy #cakes #taste-mood #number-of-servings
You'll also love