GRILLED LAMB KABOBS
Grilled lamb kabobs that have been marinated in fresh herbs, garlic and lemon juice.
Provided by Pat Nyswonger
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare a hot charcoal grill
- Add the garlic, fresh herbs, lemon juice, oil salt and pepper to a 8x8 dish and whisk to combine. Add the lamb chunks and toss to coat completely. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. When the lamb is well marinated, thread the chunks of meat onto the bamboo skewers, brush the lamb skewers with additional olive oil and transfer them to the hot grill when it is ready. Cook for 5 minutes and turn the skewers. Continue to cook and turn every 5 minutes until done to your likeness, about 12-15 minutes for medium-rare.
- Add the garlic to a small food processor and process until finely minced, stop the machine and add the egg yolks, mustard, salt and pepper. Process for 30 seconds. With the motor still running, slowly, add the oil and as the mixture starts thickening, add the oil a little more quickly and continue processing until all the oil is incorporated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 919 calories, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 220 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 75 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 56 grams protein, SaturatedFat 24 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1 kabob, Sodium 436 grams sodium, Sugar 1 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 46 grams unsaturated fat
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Cut the lamb in 1 1/2-inch cubes. You should have about 40 cubes. Combine the garlic, rosemary, thyme, olive oil, red wine, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. Add the lamb cubes, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight or for up to 2 days. Toss occasionally.
- Heat a charcoal grill with coals. Spread the coals in 1 tight layer on the grill.
- Cut the red onions in quarters and separate each quarter into 3 or 4 sections. Loosely thread 3 or 4 pieces of lamb alternately with sections of onion on skewers. Sprinkle both sides of the lamb with salt and pepper. Next place 4 or 5 cherry tomatoes on skewers, threading them through the stem of the tomato. Rub the tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. First, place the lamb skewers on the hot grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times, until the lamb is medium rare. Approximately 5 minutes before the lamb is done, place the tomato skewers on the grill, turning once, until seared on the outside but still firm inside.
- For the sauce, bring the chicken stock, olive oil, and lemon juice to a boil in a medium pot. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until reduced in half. Add the rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Serve the sauce on the side.
GRILLED LAMB KABOBS
These Grilled Lamb Kabobs are a must for summer grilling. Lamb chunks are tossed in a Mediterranean marinade so they're tasty, tender & juicy!
Provided by Yumna Jawad
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, mix grated onion, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Add lamb and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove lamb from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Remove lamb from marinade, shaking off excess and wiping away any grated onion bits. Thread pieces onto metal or soaked wooden skewers with the onion chunks in between the lamb.
- Grill until lightly charred, 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from heat and serve with yogurt sauce or tzatziki or over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321 kcal, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 30 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 94 mg, Sodium 390 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 2 g, UnsaturatedFat 13 g, ServingSize 1 serving
A special Mediterranean marinade that flavors and tenderizes the meat, plus a bit of grilling technique, produce succulent, juicy lamb kabobs every time. Watch the video and read the full post for more tips and information.
Provided by Suzy Karadsheh
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut the lamb into 1 to 1 1/2 -inch cubes or pieces and put them in a large bowl. Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade, combine the onion, garlic, spices, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. Cover and run the processor until everything is finely chopped (you should end up with a thick onion marinade).
- Pour the onion marinade over the lamb and mix well to make sure all the lamb is well coated with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. (If you do not have time, leave the kabobs to marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes).
- Brush the grates of a gas grill (or an indoor griddle) with oil and heat.
- Shake excess marinade off and thread the lamb pieces on some long skewers, allowing a little room between pieces (I used 6 wooden skewers that have been soaked in water).
- Assemble the lamb kabobs in one single layer over your heated grill or griddle. Grill over high heat, turning each kabob one-quarter turn every couple minutes, until the meat is browned all over, anywhere from 7 to 9 minutes, depending on how well you like your lamb cooked (7 minutes on my grill produced medium-rare kabobs).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275 kcal, Carbohydrate 3.6 g, Protein 23.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Cholesterol 73.7 mg, Sodium 274.8 mg, Fiber 0.8 g, Sugar 0.9 g, ServingSize 1 serving
GRILLED TANDOORI-STYLE LAMB SKEWERS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the cumin, garam masala and cardamom in a dry pan, over low heat, until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the onion powder and garlic then transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add the yogurt, paprika, curry powder, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Thread 4 cubes of lamb on each skewer, alternating with scallion pieces and leaving about 1/3 of the skewer as a handle. Arrange them in a shallow glass baking dish and pour the yogurt mixture over them, (turn to coat if needed). Allow to marinate for 1 hour to overnight, in the refrigerator. Brush the grill with an oiled paper towel and preheat it to medium-high. Arrange the skewers at angle for nice grill marks and grill 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Transfer the skewers to a serving platter and garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
- Serve with basmati rice with cilantro or orzo with spinach and butter and a side of raita (yogurt sauce with vegetables), if desired.
MARINATED GRILLED LAMB KABOBS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the lamb: trim all fat from the lamb and cut into 2-inch cubes. Combine remaining marinade ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag and mix well.
- Add the lamb cubes to the bag, tossing to coat. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, rotating the bag occasionally to continually coat the lamb.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Remove lamb from refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling to bring the meat to room temperature.
- To assemble the kabobs: fill skewers, alternating peppers, lamb, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms until all ingredients are used.
- Grill skewers, rotating to char lamb on all sides, until cooked to desired doneness, about 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
GRILLED LAMB ON ROSEMARY SKEWERS
Lamb on rosemary skewers has to be one of the oldest recipes in the world. In ancient times, the meat could just as easily have been goat, or something wilder, and fish was no doubt also a candidate. The idea of cutting branches of rosemary and using them as skewers must certainly have occurred to humans soon after they figured out how to build fires. You want rosemary branches with woody stalks, if possible. But if the stalks are too flimsy to poke through the lamb, run a pilot hole through with a skewer, and be sure to grill the lamb and figs separately because they'll cook at different rates. You might throw together a little basting sauce of lemon, garlic and a little more rosemary, but the skewers are just fine without it, and have been for thousands of years.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, lunch, skewers and kebabs, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Start a charcoal or wood fire or heat a gas grill; fire should be moderately hot. Thread lamb and figs onto rosemary branches, three or four chunks or figs per skewer. Do not mix meat and figs on same skewer.
- Brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix together the lemon juice, garlic and minced rosemary and brush a little of this mixture on lamb and figs.
- Grill, turning skewers as each side browns and taking care to avoid flare-ups; total cooking time should be from 6 to 10 minutes for medium-rare meat, and 4 or 5 minutes for the figs. Meat will become slightly more done after you remove it from grill, so take this into account.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 584, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 26 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 726 milligrams, Sugar 21 grams
GRILLED LAMB KEBABS WITH SMOKY PEACHES
Taking a cue from the hot-weather regions of the world, John Willoughby and Chris Schlesinger go heavy with the seasoning here, but the key is when that happens. Instead of a marinade, or a spice rub, they grill the lamb and season it after with garlic, basil, vinegar and Tabasco sauce. It's a great way to add big flavor without spending all day in the kitchen.
Provided by John Willoughby And Chris Schlesinger
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Build a fire in your grill; when the coals are all covered with gray ash and the temperature is medium-hot (you can hold your hand 5 inches above the grill for 3 to 4 seconds), you are ready to cook. (For a gas grill, turn all burners to high, lower cover, and heat for 15 minutes, then turn burners to medium-high.)
- Mix the yogurt and mint together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Trim the lamb of most but not all fat and cut it into 32 large chunks, about 1 inch square. Add them to a large bowl with the olive oil, curry powder, salt and pepper, and toss well to coat, then thread onto 4 skewers.
- Put the skewers on the grill directly over the coals. Also put the peaches on the grill, cut side down, and cook until just slightly charred and softened, about 6 minutes. Take off the grill and cut into large wedges (about 6 per peach).
- At the same time, cook the lamb, turning to expose all 4 sides to the direct heat of the coals, until done to your liking, about 2 to 3 minutes per side (8 to 12 minutes total) for medium rare. (To check for doneness, cut into one of the chunks and check to see if it is cooked to your liking - remove from the heat when it is slightly less done than you want it to be when you eat it.)
- Put the peaches and lamb into a large bowl. Add the garlic, basil, vinegar and Tabasco, toss to coat, season with more salt and pepper if needed, and serve (over rice if you wish), accompanied by the yogurt and mint.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 692, UnsaturatedFat 28 grams, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fat 49 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 46 grams, SaturatedFat 17 grams, Sodium 968 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams
SUMMER LAMB KABOBS
This is an awesome treat for the grill. We raise grass-fed lambs that are weaned naturally. Experimenting with lamb recipes over the past 15 years has become a hobby. Lamb and garlic go so well together. In this recipe, the combination of herbs and spices complement this meat and make a great family-and-friend favorite.
Provided by Seneca Castle Lamb & Gardens
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Lamb
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place lamb in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, sage, and garlic. Pour over lamb, and mix to coat meat. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat outdoor grill for direct heat.
- Add marinated lamb, fruit, and vegetables to stainless steel or bamboo skewers. Reserve some of the juice from pineapple chunks and cherries.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and splashes of juice from the pineapples and cherries to create a basting sauce.
- Place skewers on preheated grill, and cook about 12 minutes, turning and brushing with butter sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405.8 calories, Carbohydrate 13.2 g, Cholesterol 89.8 mg, Fat 30.3 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 266.1 mg, Sugar 5 g
More about "grilled lamb kabobs recipes"
THE BEST GRILLED LAMB KABOBS - MOMSDISH
4.8/5 (658)Total Time 1 hrCategory MeatsCalories 343 per serving
GRILLED GREEK LAMB KEBABS RECIPE - COOKING LSL
GRILLED LAMB KABOBS RECIPE | RECIPES FROM A PANTRY
GRILLED LAMB KABOBS | SPOON FORK BACON
7 GRILLED LAMB KABOB RECIPES
NAPOLEON SHISH KEBAB - BEST GRILLED KABOB RECIPE
GRILLED LAMB KABOBS | KINGSFORD®
LAMB KABOBS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
HERB-CRUSTED LAMB SKEWERS WITH DIJON MUSTARD RECIPE
SPICED LAMB KEBABS WITH GRILLED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
EASY GRILLED LAMB KEBABS RECIPE - A COMMUNAL TABLE
GRILLED LAMB KEBABS
GRILLED LAMB KABOBS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
TOP 42 GROUND LAMB KABOBS RECIPE RECIPES
GRILLED GROUND LAMB KOFTA KEBAB RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
GRILLED HERB-CRUSTED LAMB KEBABS - GARLIC & ZEST
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love