- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl cream butter and cheese. Stir in flour and salt; mix well. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch in thickness. Cut into 2 inch strips and sprinkle with ground red pepper. Place strips on prepared cookie sheet(s) 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 160.9 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
EASY CHEESE STRAWS
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°C/gas mark 6.
- Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Cut the butter into small cubes, then place in a bowl. Add the flour and rub together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Finely grate the Parmesan, then add 60g to the flour and butter, along with the mustard and paprika. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water until the mixture comes together.
- Roll it out on a floured surface, forming a rectangle about 1cm thick. Slice it into 1cm sticks and place onto the baking sheets.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese, a little more paprika and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139 calories, Fat 9.4 g fat, SaturatedFat 5.5 g saturated fat, Protein 3.1 g protein, Carbohydrate 11.1 g carbohydrate, Sugar 0.3 g sugar, Sodium 0.1 g salt, Fiber 0.4 g fibre
EASY CHEESE STRAWS
Five ingredients transform into long, crisp cracker sticks. The hand-held snacks make for easy mingling at parties.-Elizabeth Robinson, Conroe, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cheese until blended. Combine flour, salt and cayenne; stir into cheese mixture until a dough forms. Roll into a 15x6-in. rectangle. Cut into thirty 6-in. strips. Gently place strips 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets., Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72 calories, Fat 5g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 106mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
EMERIL'S EASY CHEESE STRAWS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, one at a time, roll out each pastry sheet to a 12x18-inch rectangle. Combine the egg and the water and whisk to make an egg wash.
- Lay one pastry sheet flat on the work surface and lightly brush with the egg wash. Sprinkle with the cheeses and Essence. Top with the remaining sheet of pastry, pressing firmly to seal, then lightly roll with a rolling pin. Trim the edges with a knife to make them even. If you wish, change the flavor of the straws by using pesto sauce instead of the egg wash, top with cheese, and proceed as directed.
- Cut the dough crosswise into strips, about 1/3 to 1/2-inch wide. Twist each three times to make a spiral and place on an ungreased baking sheet. (You can also cut the pastry into diamond shapes and place them on the baking sheet.) Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a serving platter. Serve warm.
EASY CHEESE STRAWS
- Combine the flour, butter, and cayenne with a fork or in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the cheese and knead by hand until the mixture holds together, adding a few drops of cold water if necessary.
- This mixture may be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen until ready to use.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch (5 mm) and cut into strips about 1/2 inch (1 cm wide) and 4 inches (10 cm) long.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 450F (230C) until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the softened cheese and butter in the bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer. Using the heaviest mixer paddle attachment, beat until the mixture has the consistency of whipped cream, 15 to 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, sift 3 cups of the flour with the salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Gradually add the seasoned flour to the cheese mixture by large spoonfuls, beating well after each addition. Add the remaining 1 cup unseasoned flour incrementally until the dough is somewhat stiff but still soft enough to be pushed through a cookie press; you may not need to add all the flour.
- Lightly spray 4 cookie sheets with cooking spray. Put a portion of the dough into a cookie press fitted with the star tube and press the dough onto a cookie sheet in long strips that run the length of the pan. Repeat until the pan is full. Bake until straws are golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- With your hands or a sharp knife, break or cut the long strips into 3-inch lengths. Use a flat, thin spatula or an egg turner to remove the cheese strips from the pan. Allow them to cool on a wire rack. When they are completely cool, serve or store in a tightly covered container.
QUICK CHEESE STRAWS
- heat oven to 220c/fan 200c/gas 7. Unroll a puff pastry, scatter over a couple of handfuls of grated Parmesan, then fold in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut into 1cm strips, then twist the strips 3-4 times. Lay on a baking sheet, scatter over more cheese and bake for 12 mins, or until golden. Leave to cool, then keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days. As these cheese straws are very delicate, roll them in kitchen paper before packing into a plastic container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.18 milligram of sodium
More about "easy cheese straws recipes"
CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE BY PAULA DEEN
EASY CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEST CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHEESE STRAWS - DELISH
22 PEPPER JACK CHEESE RECIPES I CAN’T RESIST – HAPPY MUNCHER
SIMPLE CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE | GOODTO
EASY & QUICK CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE - TASHA'S ARTISAN FOODS
CHEESE STRAWS - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
7 CHEESE STRAW RECIPES
EASY CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE USING READY-MADE PUFF PASTRY
EASY PEASY CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE - MY MORNING MOCHA
EASY CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE FOR YOUR CHARCUTERIE BOARDS
EASY CHEESE STRAWS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
PUFF PASTRY CHEESE STRAWS WITH BACON RECIPE — THE MOM 100
CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE
BLUE CHEESE AND PINK PEPPERCORN STRAWS RECIPE
SIMPLE CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE - SIMPLE, EASY TO MAKE AT HOME NOURISH RECIPE
CHEESE STRAWS RECIPE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #appetizers #breads #lunch #side-dishes #american #oven #easy #potluck #dinner-party #finger-food #picnic #dietary #high-calcium #high-protein #high-in-something #to-go #equipment #presentation
You'll also love