CHOCOLATE WALNUT STRUDEL
Melted chocolate is spread over a puff pastry sheet and topped with walnuts. The pastry is rolled up and baked for an easy, flaky dessert strudel.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings, 1 slice each.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 min. Mix egg and water in small bowl; set aside. Microwave chocolate, milk and butter in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Unfold pastry sheet onto lightly floured surface. Roll into 16x12-inch rectangle. Spread pastry evenly with chocolate mixture to within 1-1/2 inches of edges. Sprinkle walnuts over chocolate. Starting at short side, roll pastry sheet up jelly roll-style. Place, seam side down, on ungreased baking sheet. Tuck ends under to seal. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 35 min. or until pastry is golden brown. Cool 30 min. on baking sheet on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into 8 slices to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 100 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 5 g
CHOCOLATE WALNUT STRUDEL
A very special strudel filled with creamy chocolate and crunchy walnuts, served warm from the oven with a dusting of sweet powdered sugar. Sound yummy? It is, and oh so easy to make! A classic from Pepperidge Farm.
Provided by Christmas Carol
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Thaw sheet of puffed pastry for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water.
- In a large bowl, microwave the chocolate, milk, and butter on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll into a 16" by 12" rectangle.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly on puffed pastry to within 1 1/2 inch of edges and sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the chocolate.
- Beginning with short end, roll up jelly-roll style.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Tuck ends under to seal and brush with egg mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool 30 minutes on baking sheet on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Note- You may use the remaining puff pastry sheet to make decorative cut-outs for your strudel/ Simply thaw the pastry and use mini cookie cutters to cut desired shapes/ Press shapes onto top of strudel and brush tops with egg mixture/ Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412, Fat 30.5, SaturatedFat 9.5, Cholesterol 41, Sodium 131.9, Carbohydrate 32, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 10.9, Protein 6.5
CHOCOLATE COFFEE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE STREUSEL TOPPING
This is a buttery-rich moist cake! A delicious streusel topping takes the place of frosting for this cake, the streusel is so good that I have used it on many other cakes. This cake has been a family favorite for years, hope you enjoy!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture along with the sour cream to the creamed mixture; mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish, and smooth out batter.
- To make topping: mix together brown sugar, flour, cocoa and butter until crumbly.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture evenly over cake batter in the pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes (do not overbake).
People also searched
More about "chocolate walnut strudel recipes"
HAZELNUT, WALNUT & CHOCOLATE STRUDEL - ALL THINGS BAKED
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
10 BEST CHOCOLATE STRUDEL RECIPES | YUMMLY
COFFEE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE STREUSEL RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MOTHER'S CHOCOLATE STRUDEL RECIPE - VEGAN IN THE FREEZER
CHOCOLATE WALNUT STRUDEL - PEPPERIDGE FARM
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 1 min
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE WALNUT STRUDEL - RECIPELINK.COM
ANYTHING GOES CHRISTMAS STRUDEL | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
ASTRAY RECIPES: CHOCOLATE WALNUT STRUDEL
CHOCOLATE WALNUT AND RASPBERRY STRUDEL RECIPE
CINNAMON-WALNUT STRUDEL RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHOCOLATE WALNUT STRUDEL (PEPPERIDGE FARM, 1990'S) \
CHOCOLATE WALNUT STRUDEL : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
CHOCOLATE WALNUT STREUSEL MUFFINS - ZESTY SOUTH INDIAN KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE WALNUT STRUDEL - BIGOVEN.COM
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #desserts #chocolate #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make chocolate streusel?Chocolate Streusel 1 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips ½ cup (packed) light brown sugar 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon Pinch of kosher salt
How do you cook a strudel in the oven?Brush a large non-stick baking tray with a little of the remaining butter and confidently transfer the strudel to the tray. Brush or rub it all over with the last of the butter, then sprinkle over a little sugar. Bake on the bottom of the hot oven for 35 minutes, or until crisp, golden, and gorgeous.
How do you make a strudel from scratch?Using a box grater, coarsely grate over the fruit (cores and all), break in the biscuits, then drizzle everything with the honey. Fold the shortest edges inwards, then lift up your tea towel at one of the longest ends and use it to help you carefully roll up your strudel.
How do you make streusel cake batter?Transfer to prepared baking dish, and smooth out batter. To make topping: mix together brown sugar, flour, cocoa and butter until crumbly. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Sprinkle the streusel mixture evenly over cake batter in the pan. Bake for about 35-40 minutes (do not overbake).