CHICKEN MOLE SANDWICH WITH MOLE RICE
I have had Mole before but always when I went to a Mexican restaurant, So this is the first time I have ever cooked with it, and I gotta say I think I will keep this on hand. Didn't know what to make to go with it so I made rice
Provided by Kathy Griffin
Number Of Ingredients 18
- 1. CHICKEN**** Place chicken breast in a crock pot, in a bowl add mole sauce and 1 cup hot water, mix until sauce is almost smooth. Pour over chicken. Use enough hot water and cover chicken, cook on high until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165. Reduce to setting to keep warm, The chicken is already done at this point. Remove from bone when ready to build your sammie
- 2. RICE**** In a medium sauce pan melt butter on medium high, add the rice, orzo, chili powder, salt & pepper, cook for 3 minutes, keep well stirred so it doesn't burn. Add 2 cups water, bring to a boil, remove from heat and cover. Let set until all water is absorbed. When ready to serve fluff with fork and add some of the mole sauce from the crock pot over it.
- 3. AVOCADO SPREAD**** Split avocado in half and remove seed and remove skin, place in bowl, using a fork smash the avocado, add yogurt, salt and pepper flakes, mix well
- 4. BUILD YOUR SAMMIE**** Cut the thawed sheet of puff pastry into 6 pieces, place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper,place another sheet of parchment paper on top of pastry, place another baking sheet on top of that, if your sheets aren't heavy place a iron skillet on top for weight, or 2 bricks wrapped in foil. bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. let cool, spread avocado spread on each piece, add chicken. split in half and serve beside rice. **** You can use any bread you want****
CHICKEN MOLE WITH CORIANDER RICE
If you're a fan of chilli con carne, you'll love this dark, sweet and spicy South American stew with ancho, ground nuts and chocolate
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Put the chillies in a bowl and add enough boiling water to just cover. Leave to soften for 20 mins. If you can't find anchos, grill red peppers until they're really blackened and soft. Cool them, then peel and use as needed in the recipe, adding 1 tsp smoked paprika and a little extra chipotle to re-create the sweet, smoky flavour.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish, season the chicken, then brown on all sides. You may have to do this in batches so you don't overcrowd the dish. Remove to a plate. Add the onions to the dish and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the spices and cook for 1 min until aromatic.
- Remove the chillies from their soaking liquid, reserving the liquid, and discard the stalks and seeds. Put in a food processor with 4 tbsp of the soaking liquid, the garlic and raisins. Whizz to a paste, then tip into the dish. Add the peanut butter, chipotle paste, tomatoes and 400ml water (fill up the tomato can and swirl to get all the tomato bits out). Return the chicken to the dish and season. Cover with a lid and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hr.
- Remove the chicken pieces to a plate. Using 2 forks, shred the meat and discard the bones. Return the chicken to the sauce, add the chocolate and continue cooking, uncovered, for 30 mins more. If the sauce looks like it's getting a little too thick, add some of the chilli soaking liquid or some water.
- Cook the rice following pack instructions. Meanwhile, put the red onion in a small bowl. Add the lime juice and a pinch of salt. Leave to pickle until ready to serve. When the rice is cooked, add the coriander and lime zest and juice, and fluff up with a fork. Remove the mole from the heat, scatter with the pickled red onion and serve alongside the rice, with soured cream and lime wedges, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 690 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 93 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 13 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 28 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
MOLE POBLANO WITH CHICKEN WINGS
Provided by Jet Tila
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 33
- For the chiles: The day before making the mole, remove the stems and seeds from the chiles; rinse the chiles and pat dry. Heat the oil in a large skillet, then add the chiles (in batches if necessary) and fry until glossy, about 4 minutes. Drain and place in a Dutch oven. Cover with 10 cups hot water, then add the vinegar and let stand overnight, covered.
- The next day, drain the chiles, then pat dry and reserve the soaking liquid.
- For the mole sauce: Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and chiles to a wok or a very large saute pan and turn the heat on medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated, remove the chiles to a plate, leaving the oil in the wok.
- Add the blanched almonds, peanuts, sesame seeds, pepitas, black peppercorns, anise seeds, cloves and cinnamon stick to the wok and toss to combine and toast, about 2 minutes.
- Grill the tomatoes, corn tortillas, bolillo roll and onion until each are charred on both sides. Remove from the pan and add directly to the toasted spices. Add the cocoa nibs, raisins, Mexican chocolate, mint and parsley and stir to combine, allowing the chocolate to melt.
- Carefully add the wok ingredients to a blender and slowly blend. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed with salt.
- Pour the sauce into a medium saucepan along with the chicken stock and 1/2 cup reserved chile liquid and turn the heat to medium. Once at a simmer, adjust the seasoning with salt.
- For the wings: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and place an oven-safe rack on top of the foil. Coat the rack with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl along with the oil, cumin and smoked paprika and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss the wings until coated. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on the rack. Bake until crispy and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Place the wings in a very large bowl and cover with the mole sauce. Carefully toss until each wing is evenly coated.
- Add the wings to a platter and top with the parsley and pomegranate seeds.
CHICKEN MOLE TORTA
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 32
- For the chicken mole: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the ancho chiles and bake for 5 minutes. When cool, roughly chop and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions, a couple pinches of salt and saute until soft, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the reserved ancho chiles and minced chipotle. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the chocolate, cinnamon, cloves and garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant and the chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, almond butter, raisins and sesame seeds. Gently simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place the mole into a blender and puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Add the mole back to the Dutch oven. Sprinkle the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper. Lay the chicken in the sauce in one layer, making sure each breast is entirely coated, and gently simmer, flipping once during cooking, until the breasts register 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside off the heat and let rest.
- Using your hands, remove the skin and meat from the bones and discard. Shred the chicken into smaller chunks and place back into the mole to keep warm. Season if necessary.
- For the sandwich build: Heat the refried beans in the microwave until warm. Spread on the bottom of the bolillo rolls. Place the chicken on top of the beans with a little extra mole. Place some queso fresco on top of the chicken, slather the top bun with sour cream and adhere the lettuce. Top with the pickled jalapenos and cilantro and drizzle with the Tomatillo Salsa. Close, cut sharply on the bias and serve with fresh lime wedges. Two hands, bite hard.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss the tomatillos, garlic, pepper and onions with the olive oil and place evenly on a baking sheet. Bake until the tomatillos and onions are soft, 15 to 20 minutes. If necessary, remove the garlic sooner to avoid scorching. Remove the stem, ribs and seeds from the jalapeno (or keep them in if you want it hot). Add roasted vegetables, fresh cilantro and lime juice into a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and transfer to a bowl.
GRILLED CHICKEN MOLE SANDWICH
- For mole, remove stem and seeds from peppers; coarsely chop peppers and set aside.
- In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until onions are brown.
- Add the dried peppers and 1/2 cup water; reduce heat and stir in chocolate.
- Cook and stir over medium heat, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor bowl or blender container; cover and process or blend until a smooth paste.
- Set aside to cool. Reserve 1 to 2 tablespoons mole.
- Season chicken with salt, if desired. Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly-cut each breast; spread inside face of each breast with mole. Fold closed.
- Rub the outside of each breast with reserved mole.
- Grill breasts on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through. Cover and chill.
- In a small bowl stir together avocado, light mayonnaise dressing, salt, and the ground red pepper, if desired.
- Slice chicken into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Spread avocado mixture on split rolls; layer with chicken, romaine, and tomato slices. Garnish with sliced papaya.
- Serve open-faced.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Up to 8 hours ahead, prepare and grill the chicken. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404.6, Fat 16.9, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 68.4, Sodium 366.8, Carbohydrate 33.5, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 11.3, Protein 30.9
More about "chicken mole sandwich with mole rice recipes"
EASY CHICKEN MOLE | FAST INSTANT POT SHREDDED CHICKEN MOLE
4.8/5 (57)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 257 per serving
- Set a 6-quart or larger Instant Pot or similar electric pressure cooker to SAUTE. Add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and sauté until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Turn off the Instant Pot and scrape the onion and garlic into a blender. Return the insert to the pot and set back to SAUTE. Add a few splashes of water, scrape up any browned bits, and discard them. You want the bottom of the Instant Pot to be fairly clean so that it does not burn. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- To the blender with the onions, add the tomatoes, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, pepitas, raisins, cocoa powder, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Lightly coat the Instant Pot with nonstick spray and place the chicken in the Instant Pot. Pour the sauce over the top and do not stir. Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes (for chicken breasts) or 10 minutes (for chicken thighs). Vent immediately.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE and bring the sauce to a simmer. Let bubble, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is rich and thick, about 10 minutes. Place a layer of paper towels over the top as the sauce cooks to catch any splatters. While the sauce cooks, shred the chicken with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot and toss with the thickened sauce. Enjoy with any desired toppings over rice, as a filling for tacos or quesadillas, over nachos, or right out of the Instant Pot with a fork.
THE BEST CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD
4.5/5 (11)Calories 743 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, bring 9 cups of water to a boil. Then, add the chicken pieces.
CHICKEN MOLE SANDWICH - THE KITCHY KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED CHICKEN MOLE SANDWICH | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
RECIPE: MEXICAN CHICKEN MOLE WITH LIME-CILANTRO RICE
CHICKEN MOLE TORTA (MEXICAN CHICKEN SLOPPY JOES)
EASIEST CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - EVERYDAY EILEEN
EASY CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK
AMARILLITO MOLE WITH CHICKEN - PATI JINICH
EASY CHICKEN MOLE – HOMEMADE ITALIAN COOKING
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
10 OF THE MOST POPULAR RECIPES WE'VE EVER SHARED ON YOUTUBE
CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | FEASTING AT HOME
CHICKEN WITH QUICK MOLE SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
WHAT IS MOLE? AND HOW TO MAKE MOLE - FOOD NETWORK
You'll also love