POTATO GORGONZOLA GRATIN
- Preheat the oven 400°F.
- In 8 or 9 inch square baking dish arrange half the potatoes; season with salt and pepper and then sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Top with onion and apple; arrange the remaining potatoes on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add milk; cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Top with cheese and bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Get out your mandoline or the slicing blade of your food processor! If you'd prefer a milder flavor, substitute fontina or Monterey Jack for the blue cheese, but really, the gorgonzola isn't overpowering at all with all those potatoes. Wonderful flavor! (From Cooking Light).
Provided by SharleneW
Yield 8 1-cup servings, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour, and cook stirring constantly with a whisk for a couple of minutes, until bubbly and flour has a chance to cook a bit. Stir in the thyme. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk; cook over medium heat until slightly thick (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Stir in the Gorgonzola; cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Arrange one-fourth of potatoes in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; spoon 3/4 cup sauce over potatoes. Repeat layers twice; arrange remaining potatoes over sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown on top. Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267.7, Fat 7.8, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 21.1, Sodium 736.2, Carbohydrate 40.2, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 5.5, Protein 10.1
GNOCCHI GRATIN WITH GORGONZOLA DOLCE
We take potato dumplings to the next level by bathing them in cream, studding them with Gorgonzola dolce-a sweeter, milder variety of blue cheese-and topping them with crisp breadcrumbs.
Provided by Victoria Granof
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Add water to cover by 1"; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until tender, 25-30 minutes. Drain; set aside and let cool slightly. Peel potatoes. Pass through ricer or a food mill or sieve, into a large bowl. Whisk egg and egg yolk in a small bowl to blend. Add egg mixture, 1/3 cup Parmesan, 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg to potatoes. Using your hands, gently mix to form a soft but not sticky dough. Transfer dough to a floured surface. Gather into a ball, then divide into 4 pieces.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; dust with flour. Working with 1 piece at a time (keep other pieces covered with a damp kitchen towel), roll dough into a 24"-long rope. Cut crosswise into 1" pieces. Working with 1 piece at a time, press lightly on gnocchi with the back of the tines of a fork and gently roll gnocchi to create ridges on 1 side. Place on prepared baking sheet and lightly dust with flour. DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill. Cover and chill remaining grated cheese.
- Bring cream, rosemary, and ginger to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat; cover and let steep for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Working in batches of about 12 at a time, cook gnocchi until they float to the surface, 2-3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer gnocchi to a baking dish coated with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix 3 tablespoons Parmesan, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Strain reserved cream mixture into dish all over gnocchi. Break off small pieces of Gorgonzola; scatter over. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan over, then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until the filling is bubbling and the topping is browned, 25-30 minutes.
POTATO AND FENNEL GRATIN WITH GORGONZOLA, OLIVES AND TOMATO-MARJORAM SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rub inside of 9x9x2-inch metal baking pan with garlic clove. Rub pan with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Cover bottom with 1/4 of potatoes, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle 1/3 of chopped olives over, then 1/4 of cheese. Top with 1/3 of fennel; sprinkle with salt and pepper and 1/3 of marjoram. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Repeat layering two more times. Top with remaining potatoes, then half of remaining cheese; dot with re-maining 1 tablespoon butter. Pour milk over; arrange halved olives atop. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover pan with foil.
- Bake gratin until vegetables are almost tender, about 50 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender and golden, about 25 minutes longer. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in 350°F oven until heated through, about 20 minutes.) Let gratin stand 15 minutes. Serve with Tomato-Marjoram Sauce.
YUKON GOLD POTATO-GORGONZOLA (OR GOAT CHEESE) GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 375f. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add The Pure Pantry baking mix and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk as it thickens to a paste. Stir in thyme, rosemary and garlic. Gradually add milk. Stir with a whisk over medium heat until slightly thick, about 3 minutes. Stir in Gorgonzola (or other cheeses) and continue cooking over low heat until cheese melts. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Grease a 13 x 9 pan with olive oil. Arrange one forth of the potatoes in the bottom of the pan. Pour about ¾ cup sauce over potatoes. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
More about "potato gorgonzola gratin recipes"
GORGONZOLA POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE - PLATED CRAVINGS
61 POTATO RECIPES FOR MASHING, BAKING, FRYING AND MORE
POTATO-GORGONZOLA GRATIN RECIPE - DETAILS, CALORIES, NUTRITION ...
POTATO-GORGONZOLA GRATIN RECIPE - DETAILS, CALORIES, NUTRITION ...
11 GRATIN RECIPES THAT ARE SO UPPER-CRUST RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
POTATO GORGONZOLA GRATIN RECIPES
POTATO GORGONZOLA GRATIN - BIGOVEN
POTATO AND BROCCOLI GRATIN WITH GORGOZOLA • MORE THAN JUST …
POTATO-GORGONZOLA GRATIN « DONNA FALES
POTATOES AU GRATIN (GRATIN DAUPHINOIS) RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
GORGONZOLA POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE ON FOOD52
GORGONZOLA POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE IN 80 MINS WITH 11 …
GORGONZOLA POTATOES AU GRATIN - ALI LARTER
THE ULTIMATE POTATO GRATIN | CANADIAN LIVING
GRATINATED GORGONZOLA POTATOES - BOSSKITCHEN
15 COMFORTING POTATO GRATIN RECIPES | MYRECIPES
POTATO FILET GRATIN WITH GORGONZOLA RECIPE - CITCHN.COM
POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SWEET POTATO & GORGONZOLA GRATIN - THE GILDED FORK™
MASHED POTATO AU GRATIN - ALLRECIPES
SWEET POTATO GRATIN - SKINNYTASTE
POTATO-GORGONZOLA GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #fruit #potatoes #vegetables #oven #cheese #dietary #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love