LANGOSTINO BISQUE RECIPE
- In a medium pot, melt 4 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add onions, celery and carrots. Sauté 5 - 6 minutes, until onions just begin to soften.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, thyme, salt and pepper to the pot. Sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle 4 tbsp flour into pot and stir to combine. Cook flour mixture 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add seafood stock, wine, sherry (if using), paprika and bay leaves. Cover and turn heat down to medium low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are completely soft. Remove bay leaves.
- Carefully ladle soup into blender and purée until smooth. Add cream to blender and purée for a few seconds to blend in the cream.
- Pour into bowls, top with langostinos and finely chopped chives. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411 calories, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 129 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 25 grams fat, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 26 grams protein, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 594 milligrams sodium, Sugar 5 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams unsaturated fat
One you've enjoyed the meat from langoustines, don't even think about throwing those shells away, says Freddy Bird, as the best is, arguably, yet to come...
Provided by Freddy Bird
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Very lightly roast the langoustine shells in the oven for 5-10 minutes - you just want the shells to start to become fragrant and get a very light golden hue.
- Meanwhile, put a large pot over a medium heat and add the butter. When warm, add the garlic, shallots, herbs and spices and sweat until the shallot is soft.
- Add the lightly roasted shells to the pan and crush with the back of a wooden spoon to extract as much flavour as possible.
- Add the vermouth and brandy to deglaze the pan. Turn up the heat and reduce by ½.
- Stir in the tomato purée. Then add the stock and simmer for about an hour. (You want to be left with just under 1ltr of stock.)
- When it's done, strain the liquid - I use a mouli grater and crush the shells as I pass it, but you can also pass the mix through a colander, using a rolling pin to smash all the juice and other tasty morsels through the holes. After that, pass through a chinois or fine sieve.
- Return the liquid to the heat in a small pan and add the cream. Bring up to a gentle simmer. Check the seasoning and add a squeeze of lemon, if you like.
- Pour into bowls and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts :
This soup was made and served at my grocery store to promote Langoustine (a small lobster like creature). It was delicious, but I haven't made it myself yet. Good luck.
Provided by Kendra PeloJoaquin
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Chop up 1 c of Langoustine.
- Reserve the rest Melt butter in soup pot.
- Saute the minced shallots for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped Langoustine.
- Stir in the flour until smooth.
- Cook for a minute stirring constantly.
- Lower heat to simmer.
- Gradually add sherry, continuing to stir, then gradually add milk as well, whisking til smooth.
- Heat the soup on medium low, but do NOT bring to a boil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir in the langoustine and cook until heated through.
This is a fun recipe that uses langostino tails to make a tasty bisque. I use Aleppo pepper in this which is about half a hot as crushed red pepper. It adds a bit of warmth and enhances the flavors. Serve with croutons or your favorite crackers.
Provided by Dan Toomey
Categories Seafood Soup
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bone broth, clam juice, mushrooms, celery, carrots, bell pepper, 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Stir in 1/3 of the langostino tails; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add cream, Marsala wine, and remaining langostino tails.
- Return to the stove over low and heat until flavors have blended, about 5 minutes; do not boil.
- Taste and season as needed with salt and Aleppo pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with croutons.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294 calories, Carbohydrate 12.1 g, Cholesterol 142.1 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 12.1 g, SaturatedFat 11.8 g, Sodium 510.5 mg
More about "langoustine bisque recipes"
LANGOUSTINE BISQUE RECIPE | FINE & WILD UK | HOW TO …
Cook Time 1 HourServings 4 StarterPrep Time 30 MinsAuthor Camilla House
LANGOUSTINE RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
LANGOSTINO BISQUE RECIPE (LIKE LOBSTER BISQUE BUT …
SWEDISH CREAMY LANGOSTINO BISQUE RECIPE IS A POOR …
LANGOSTINO - WIKIPEDIA
LOBSTER BISQUE WITH LANGOSTINO LOBSTER TAILS - YOUTUBE
LANDWARD, 2015/2016, EPISODE 19 - LANGOUSTINE & BISQUE - BBC
LANGOSTINO BISQUE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LANGOSTINO BISQUE - BONAPPETEACH
LANGOSTINO LOBSTER BISQUE · MAJOR GATES
LANGOSTINO BISQUE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
LANGOUSTINE SOUP RECIPE - FOODGURUUSA.COM
LANGOUSTINE, BISQUE, BUTTERMILK AND FENNEL RECIPE
GRILLED LANGOUSTINES AND BISQUE — A ROWLEY LEIGH RECIPE
LANGOUSTINE BISQUE | TRADITIONAL SEAFOOD SOUP FROM …
ICELANDIC CREAMY LANGOUSTINE RECIPE | LOBSTER BISQUE …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #bisques-cream-soups #soups-stews #seafood #dietary #shellfish
You'll also love