HOW TO MAKE AIR BUNS IN 10 EASY STEPS
With the right recipe and ten easy steps, you will learn how to make air buns, even a beginner can pull off their very own golden and delicious homemade air buns right now!
Provided by cakedecorist.com
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix liquid ingredients with sugar - In a small bowl, mix warm milk, warm water, vegetable oil, and sugar then sprinkle the yeast evenly. Stir to combine, and let it sit for 5 minutes until it blooms.
- Mix flour and salt and incorporate - In another large bowl, combine flour and salt. Incorporate it evenly then make a well. Next, beat one egg, and add it to the bloomed yeast mixture. Pour the yeast mixture into the dry ingredients. Use a spatula to mix it until it comes together to form a dough.
- Pour out the dough - Pour out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it for 5-10 minutes, or until it becomes smooth. Add more flour as much as needed, to know if the dough is ready; use the windowpane test to ensure that the gluten strands are well-developed.
- Grease a large bowl - Lightly grease a large bowl with oil and put the dough, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rest for 1 hour, or until it doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough - Punch down the dough; place it on a floured surface. Knead it until the dough is smooth.
- Shape the air buns - Cut the dough into 16 portions. Form a letter "C" with your hand and let the dough rotate until it forms a ball.
- Let the dough rest - Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, place the dough balls, and cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven - Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Egg wash the dough - Don't forget to egg wash the dough
- Bake your air buns - Bake it for 15-20 minutes or until the rolls have lightly browned and doubled in size.
LIGHT AS AIR BUNS
This was handed down from my mother, she made these many times and would usually just make a few batches at a time and freeze them. My brother loved them so much that for his birthday he would request them over cake. Of course he always got his way!
Provided by Donna Nelson
Categories Other Breads
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Soften yeast in 1/2 cup lukewarm water, in which 1 tsp sugar has been dissolved. Let stand about 10 minutes.. Put the 3 1/2 cups lukewarm water, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup lard or shortening and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- 2. Add yeast and vinegar, then 1 cup of flour at a time until enough flour has been added to the dough so that it does not stick to the hands. Let rise in warm place for 2 hours. Knead down and rise again for an hour.
- 3. Shape into rolls and let rise again for 1 hour. Bake in 400F oven for 15-20 min. Brush with melted butter when done.
There are some other air bun recipes which are the same or similar to this... but this is one my mom always made at Christmas time so I'm posting it so I don't lose it :) we eat these as part of our cold Christmas Eve dinner every year. Then we eat them with turkey after Christmas dinner! I also once accidentally used this recipe to make pizza dough... best volcano pizza ever! :) *NOTE: Prep time does not include rising time.
Provided by Dominique353
Yield 24 buns, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine first 3 ingredients and let proof for 10 minutes.
- Mix next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add yeast mixture to sugar-oil-water mixture.
- Mix in 8-10 cups of flour or enough to make a nice soft dough that doesn't stick to your hands.
- Put dough in a well greased container and let rise in a warm place.
- Knead down once and let rise again.
- Form into small balls (about 2" diameter or so) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Let rise again until light and fluffy.
- Bake in preheated oven 400F for 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.7, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 1.3, Sodium 197.7, Carbohydrate 72.7, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 8.9, Protein 9
MOM'S AIR BUNS (ROLLS)
This recipe for light, soft, buns did NOT come from my Mom, but it is so good that I dedicate it to all Moms who bake bread..or anyone who bakes bread for that matter! I will give the original recipe, but I admit that I now use the ABM to knead the dough, and will give instructions for this variation at the end. Preparation time is the length of time for the "dough" cycle on my bread machine. For anyone wishing to make 100% whole wheat buns,(a variation of this recipe, and equally delicious IMHO), I have submitted it as recipe #168802 with minor alterations. More tweaking...I now like Mom's 100% Whole Grain Air Buns, recipe #186744 even better for a healthier version.
Provided by Sweet Baboo
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 16 buns
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix the 1/2 cup warm water, yeast, and 1 tsp sugar, and allow to proof.
- Melt the lard, and mix in sugar, salt, vinegar, and warm water. When body warm, add the proofed yeast, and beat in 1 1/2 cups flour. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Knead in approximately 3 cups more flour.
- Let dough rise till double (approximately 2 hours).
- Deflate dough, and form into buns, any size, (I make 16 large) or loaves. Rise till double (takes approximately one hour, but depends on size/shape chosen).
- Bake buns at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- For ABM, in my machine, on the "dough" cycle, I use 2 teaspoons of bread machine yeast, and I reduce the water to about 1 1/2 cups, the flour to 4 cups, adding a tad more water or flour as it kneads to get a smooth,soft ball of dough. I leave the other ingredients as posted.
People also searched
More about "how to make air buns in 10 easy steps recipes"
QUICK DINNER ROLLS RECIPE / SOFT AND FLUFFY DINNER ROLLS IN 4 SIMPLE …
HOMEMADE BUNS | HOW TO MAKE A PAV (OVEN / AIR FRYER )
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON BUNS IN YOUR AIR FRYER - AIRFRYER HACKS
BUTTERSOFT BUNS SO EASY TO MAKE BREAD - YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE AIR BUNS - SWEET NECTAR DESSERT KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE AIR BUNS - CAKE DECORIST
HOW TO MAKE AIR BUNS IN 10 EASY STEPS RECIPES
TIKTOK AIR FRIED CINNAMON BUNS RECIPE - FABULESSLY FRUGAL
TOASTING BUNS IN AIR FRYER RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
HOW TO MAKE AIR BUNS IN 10 EASY STEPS [VIDEO]
HOW TO MAKE AIR BUNS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE AIR BUNS IN 10 EASY STEPS - YOUTUBE
BEST HOW TO MAKE AIR BUNS IN 10 EASY STEPS RECIPES
HOW TO COLOR COCONUT FLAKES IN 3 QUICK AND EASY STEPS
HOW TO MAKE AIR BUNS IN 10 EASY STEPS - CAKE DECORIST
HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS IN THE AIR FRYER - SPLASH OF TASTE
INCREDIBLY EASY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE AIR BUNS IN 10 EASY STEPS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can a beginner make air buns?With the right recipe and ten easy steps, you will learn how to make air buns, even a beginner can pull off their very own golden and delicious homemade air buns right now!
How do you cook a bun in an air fryer?Once risen (after 30 minutes), bake in a preheated air fryer at 180C (bake/roast option) for 15 minutes or until it sounds hollow when you tap it on the top. 3.Brush with the butter/milk mixture at the end and allow them to cool completely. Homemade buns taste great with butter and jam and even with curry.
How to make homemade buns at home?Use all-purpose flour to make your dough for more consistent results. For the most controlled rise, use active dry yeast. You can also use other kinds of yeast; just make sure that the water is not too hot or not too cold. For accurate sizes of buns, use a digital kitchen scale. No matter how eager you are, do not rush the final proofing!
How long to bake air buns in oven?Preheat oven – Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Bake your air buns – Bake it for 15-20 minutes or until the rolls have lightly browned and doubled in size. Use all-purpose flour to make your dough for more consistent results. For the most controlled rise, use active dry yeast.