Make and share this Guava Paste-Guayabate recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Diana Adcock
Categories Tropical Fruits
Yield 2 pounds
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Cut guavas in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Soak the seeds in 1 cup of the water.
- Place the guavas in a saucepan with the remaining water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the guavas are very soft.
- Stir often to prevent scorching and sticking to the pot.
- Strain the water from the seeds-it will be slightly mucilaginous-and add to the cooked guavas.
- Discard seeds.
- Grind the guavas through a food mill and measure pulp.
- Add an equal amount of sugar.
- Mix well and place in a large heavy saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture is thick and a little jelly tested on an ice cube can be lifted off in one piece.
- Remove from heat and beat with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes or until the mixture forms a heavy paste.
- Turn out into a loaf pan lined with wax paper or a square casserole pan lined with wax paper.
- Set in a cool place for 24 hours.
- To store, turn the paste out of the pan and wrap it securely in foil.
- *Fora dried consistency, place the cooked paste on wax paper on a wooden board, cover with cheesecloth and set in the sun for two days.
- Turn the paste occasionally to expost all surfaces to the sun.
PASTELES DE GUAYABA: GUAVA PASTRIES
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 to 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Blend the cream cheese, butter and flour until well mixed. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough into a 1/4-inch thick square. Cut the rolled dough into 16 to 20 squares.
- A little off center of each square, place 1 tablespoon guava paste. Fold the dough over the guava paste, forming a triangle. Press the edges shut. Place the pasteles onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle them with a thin layer of sugar.
- Bake until the pasteles are evenly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Cover the guavas with water in a medium nonreactive pot and cook over medium heat until soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, and then purée the guava in a food processor. Strain to remove the seeds and measure 2 cups.
- Combine the guava purée and the sugar in the nonreactive pot over medium heat, adjusting the heat to maintain a constant simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and you can see the bottom of the pot when scraped with a spoon, about 30 minutes. Add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Turn a baking sheet upside down, spray lightly with oil, place a piece of parchment paper on top, and dust lightly with sugar. Pour the cooked guava mixture onto the baking sheet and spread with an offset spatula to about 1/2 inch thick. Allow to cool to the touch until it doesn't feel sticky, 40 to 50 minutes, then spread on the cajeta to about 1/2 inch from the edges. Sprinkle the pecans all over. Roll tightly away from you until you reach the center, then cut along the rolled edge. Repeat with the remaining half so you have 2 rolls. Allow to set, and cut into slices as desired. To store, wrap in parchment paper and then in plastic wrap. Store in a dry, cool area for up to 1 month.
- VARIATION: GUAVA ROLL-UPS
- Let the guava mixture cool on the baking sheet, without adding the cajeta and nuts, then slice into long strips and roll up.
- VARIATION: GUAVA PASTE
- Pour the guava mixture into a lightly oiled mold or ceramic serving dish, cover, and allow to set at room temperature.
- VARIATION: MANGO CARAMEL PECAN ROLLS
- To use mangoes instead of guavas, peel the mangoes, cook in boiling water for 5 minutes, then let cool. Remove the flesh and purée, strain, and then measure out 2 cups and proceed with the recipe.
More about "guava paste guayabate recipes"
GUAVA JAM [RECIPE + VIDEO] DULCE Y PASTA DE GUAYABA
5/5 (5)Calories 219 per servingCategory Dessert
- In a thick-bottomed pot boil the seeds and the cinnamon sticks in 1 quart [1lt] of water over low heat until the seeds separate and the water is dark. Add more water if it becomes necessary to maintain the same level.
- Strain the liquid and eliminate the seeds and cinnamon. Return this liquid to the pot, along with the sugar and guava halves.
- Boil until the guava becomes very soft, and the liquid has reduced to about one cup. Cool to room temperature.
10 DELICIOUS GUAVA DESSERT RECIPES - I REALLY LIKE FOOD!
5/5 (1)Published Dec 21, 2020Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Spicy Guava Cookies. This recipe combines the fresh flavours of the guavas with hot spices that enhance the flavour. It’s an excellent way to explore guavas from a different point of view.
- Guava and Cream Cheese Pastry. Guava paste combines beautifully with cream cheese in this recipe. It’s an excellent option for breakfast and dinner gatherings and doesn’t take much effort or time.
- Breakfast Guava Bread. Guava bread is delicious and can be served as a dessert or for breakfast. Print Recipe. No ratings yet. Prep Time 15 mins.
- Guava Souffle With Custard Sauce. Guava paste or guayabate or goiabada is the main ingredient in this easy yet delicious recipe. This plate is native to Mexico and other parts of Central and South America.
- Golden Guava Paste. Because it’s very popular in Cuba, guava desserts are quite popular as they’re easy to prepare. This delicious Cuban dessert is suitable for beginners because it doesn’t require lots of skills.
- No Bake Guava Cheesecake. If you’re in a hurry, you can try one of the guava desserts + no baking. The refreshing taste and aroma of the guavas will make your dishes stand out, and you don’t have to worry about baking.
- No-Bake Guava Pastelito Tarts. This is an excellent choice for game nights, family gatherings, and light dinners if you want to prepare a fast and delicious dessert that doesn’t take much time or effort.
- Atole De Guayaba. This is one of the most popular Hispanic guava desserts, combining the sweetness of guavas with the warmth of other ingredients. It’s an excellent dessert for cold winters and will impress everyone.
- Mexican Guava Compote Recipe. This recipe uses ripe guavas that combine with lemon and cinnamon in a tasty mix. Print Recipe. No ratings yet. Mexican Guava Compote.
- Guava Mousse. This is another refreshing dessert that requires no baking, and you can prepare it using guava compote. Print Recipe. No ratings yet.
WHAT IS GUAVA PASTE: USES & RECIPE | ORGANIC FACTS
10 BEST GUAVA PASTE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GUAVA CREAM CHEESE CUBAN PASTRIES (PASTELITOS DE …
GUAYABATE (GUAVA PASTE) | THE FRUITGUYS
GUAVA PASTE *GUAYABATE* | RECIPELION.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
GUAVA COCONUT COOKIES RECIPE - SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
GUAVA REDUCTION SAUCE — A LA VUELTA FARM
GUAVA RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | EPICURIOUS
GUAVA PASTE (GUAYABATE) - MEALSTEPS
ASTRAY RECIPES: GUAVA PASTE (GUAYABATE)
BEST GUAVA PASTE GUAYABATE RECIPES
GUAVA PASTE GUAYABATE RECIPES RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE GUAVA PASTE RECIPE (BOCADILLO DE GUAYABA)
CHICHARRONES DE GUAYABA (GUAVA PASTE PASTRY) - MY COLOMBIAN …
GUAYABATE RECIPE - ALEX BECKER MARKETING
GUAVA PASTE (GUAYABATE) - BIGOVEN.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #jams-and-preserves #condiments-etc #fruit #caribbean #easy #central-american #low-fat #vegan #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #healthy-2 #low-in-something #tropical-fruit #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love