GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature. Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals. Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare. This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Then slice and serve.
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.
- Prepare grill for cooking over direct heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure.
- Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade) and run 3 or 4 skewers lengthwise through lamb about 2 inches apart. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over occasionally and, if necessary, moving around on grill to avoid flare-ups, until thermometer registers 125 to 128°F, 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and remove skewers. Let lamb stand, loosely covered with foil, 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 135°F while meat stands.) Cut across the grain into slices.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in a one-gallon resealable plastic bag. Unfold the lamb and examine how the butcher butterflied it. You may need to further cut it so the meat is of fairly uniform thickness. You may also have to cut it into 2 to 3 smaller, easier to handle portions. Add lamb to plastic bag and marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Place lamb on grill over well-heated coals or low-medium flame gas grill. Turn lamb 2 to 3 times while grilling and remove once degree of doneness is achieved (measure with instant-read thermometer). Allow meat to rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with any/all of the following: 1. Reduced marinade (cook down while grilling meat); 2. Fresh garlic aioli; 3. Raspberry jalapeno sauce (recipe below)
- Serve this to someone who thinks they don't like lamb. It's a huge hit at our annual July 4th barbecue.
- Sweat the garlic, onions and peppers in the butter. Add preserves, stirring constantly until liquefied. Add wine and reduce to syrupy consistency.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To a blender, add: the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until thoroughly combined. Pat the lamb dry and put it on a shallow platter. Season all over with salt and pepper. Pour half of the vinaigrette over the lamb, turning the meat to get it well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Heat the grill (or large cast iron skillet) and oil it lightly. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Adjust the time accordingly for other degrees of doneness.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the mache (or mixed baby greens), mint leaves, and scallions in a bowl and dress the salad with about 3 tablespoons of the reserved vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the lamb into thick slices and serve with greens.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB (MARINADE)
Make and share this Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb (Marinade) recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Oolala
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare marinade in a small bowl by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Stir in the lemon zest, garlic and rosemary. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Place lamb in a large bowl or shallow baking dish. Add the marinade and coat the meat well. Refrigerate overnight, covered, turning the lamb once or twice in the marinade.
- Remove meat from the marinade 30 minutes before grilling.
- Oil the grill and prepare the coals.
- Drain the marinade from the lamb and reserve. Grill the meat 4" above the coals, about 20 minutes per side for medium-rare meat, basting frequently with reserved marinade. (Check the lamb for doneness after 30 minutes of grilling).
- To serve, cut the lamb into thin slices and arrange on a decorative platter garnished with the lemon quarters and the sprigs of rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 579, Fat 44.2, SaturatedFat 15, Cholesterol 152, Sodium 150.9, Carbohydrate 0.7, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 42.3
MARINATED GRILLED LAMB
It's fun to fire up the grill on Easter, especially if you live in a cold climate! A mild marinade we created fabulously flavors lamb.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a shallow dish, combine first 9 ingredients; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours. , Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Drain lamb, discarding marinade. Place rosemary sprig on lamb; roll up and tie with kitchen string, leaving a portion of the sprig exposed. If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper., Grill lamb, covered, over indirect medium heat 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from grill; tent with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Discard rosemary sprig before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 304mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED HOISIN-MARINATED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
Categories Garlic Lamb Broil Marinate Backyard BBQ Summer Grill Chill Grill/Barbecue Gourmet
Yield Serves 4 to 6 with leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, minces scallion, honey, and salt.
- Trim as much remaining fat as possible from lamb and in a shallow dish large enough to hold lamb flat spread marinade over both sides of it. Marinate lamb, covered and chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill.
- Bring lamb to room temperature and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 12 to 15 minutes on each side, or until meat thermometer registers 140°F. for medium-rate meat. (Alternatively, lamb may be broiled under preheated broiler about 4 inches from heat for approximately the same time on each side as for grilling.) Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Holding a sharp knife at a 45° angle, cut lamb across grain into thin slices. (If planning to make lamb salad, reserve one-third unsliced lamb, covered and chilled.)
- To make scallion brushes:
- Trim roots and green parts from scallions, leaving about 2 1/2-inch stalks. Make 1/2-inch lengthwise cuts at both ends of stalks and spread fringed ends gently. Put scallions in a bowl of ice and cold water and chill 2 hours, or until fringed ends have curled. Drain scallions well.
- Garnish lamb with scallion brushes and serve with eggplant.
MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by á-162204
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Combine everything but the lamb in blender. Whiz until thick and creamy, about a minute. 2. If butcher has tied the leg of lamb, untie it. Lay it out fat side down on a rimmed baking sheet using a sharp knife, slash the thickest parts of the lamb. Pour about half the marine over the meat, and rub it in well with your hands. Turn the lamb over and pour remaining marinade over the fat side, again rubbing it in well. 3. Fold the lamb in thirds and put it into a zip-close bag or shallow pan. Pour remaining marinade from the baking sheet over the lamb. Refrigerate 8-24 hours, turning the bag or flipping the lamb every 2 hours or so. 4. At grilling time, make a hot fire. Unfold the lamb and pat away the excess marinade. Discard remaining marinade. Put the lamb on the grill cut side up and cook for 9 minutes. Turn the lamb over and cook an additional 9 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a platter and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
More about "grilled marinated leg of lamb recipes"
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.8/5 (10)Servings 8
- Mix 1 cup yogurt, 1 teaspoon Tabil Spice Blend, and 1 minced garlic clove in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. Whisk remaining 1 cup yogurt, remaining 3 1/2 tablespoons Tabil Spice Blend, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat. Cover and chill overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Grill until meat is cooked to desired doneness, 10-15 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grill lemon halves, cut side down, until charred, about 5 minutes. Thinly slice lamb against the grain and arrange on a platter; garnish with lemons. Serve with reserved yogurt sauce.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY - FOOD
MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - THE DAILY MEAL
- Step 1: In a blender or food processor, combine 1 1/2 cups olive oil, juice of 3 lemons, 1/2 cup dry red wine, 1 large peeled and quartered onion, 6 to 8 large peeled garlic cloves, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, 1 tablespoon dried basil, 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper. Mix until thick and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Step 2: If the butcher has tied the leg of lamb, untie it. Lay it out fat side down on a rimmed baking sheet; using a sharp knife, slash the thickest parts of the lamb. Pour about half the marinade over the meat, and rub it in well with your hands. Turn the lamb over and pour the remaining marinade over the fat side, again rubbing it in well.
- Step 3: Fold the lamb in thirds and put it into a zip-close bag or shallow pan. Pour remaining marinade from the baking sheet over the lamb. Refrigerate 8 to 24 hours, turning the bag or flipping the lamb every 2 hours or so.
- Step 4: At grilling time, make a hot fire. Unfold the lamb and pat away the excess marinade. Discard remaining marinade. Put the lamb on the grill cut side up and cook for 9 minutes. Turn the lamb over and cook an additional 9 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a platter and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
LEG OF LAMB HOW TO COOK? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
HOW TO GRILL LEG OF LAMB - RECIPE, MARINADE, TEMPERATURE - MEN'S …
HERB AND RED WINE ROTISSERIE LEG OF LAMB – A VERY MERRY GRILLED …
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - MAPLEWOOD ROAD
BEST GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPES
TOP 50 MARINATED BUTTERFLIED LAMB LEG RECIPE RECIPES
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE LEITES CULINARIA RECIPES
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE INA GARTEN FOOD NETWORK RECIPES
12 LAMB MARINADE RECIPES FOR A TENDER, JUICY, DELICIOUS …
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE INA GARTEN FOOD NETWORK RECIPES
TOP 41 MARINATED BUTTERFLIED LAMB LEG RECIPE RECIPES
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
TOP 47 MARINATED BUTTERFLIED LAMB LEG RECIPE RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love