- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim the excess skin from the duck or chicken and place on a lined baking sheet. Dry the trimmed skin in the oven, checking often, until crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Add the skin to a food processor along with the breadcrumbs, oil and the 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves and blend until uniform. Set aside. (This step can also be done while the cassoulet is stewing).
- Heat the clarified butter over high heat in a heavy-bottomed saute or frying pan and, working in batches, sear the poultry, pork or lamb and sausage until they are caramelized, adding more butter if the pan gets dry. Remove the meats to a large roasting pan or deep broiler-proof baking dish as they are completed.
- In the same pan you browned the meat in, saute the onions, carrots and celery until they are caramelized. Add the tomatoes, wine, and 5 cups water, deglazing the pan by scraping all the loose particles from the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the beans and add them to the pan, along with the marjoram, parsley, bay leaves and 1/4 cup thyme. Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Pour the beans and liquid over the meats in the roasting pan, cover the pan tightly with foil if no lid is available and bake until the meat is fork-tender and the beans have absorbed most of the liquid and are tender, about 3 hours.
- Remove the meat from the pan, drain the liquid from the beans and vegetables and put it into a saucepan.
- Add two cups of the cooked bean and vegetable mixture to the liquid and puree with an immersion blender or puree in a blender before adding to the liquid. This will thicken the liquid into a sauce.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour the liquid back over the remaining beans and vegetables, stirring to combine.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Slice the lamb or pork and lay it on the beans with the sausages and poultry legs. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top of the cassoulet and broil until the top is lightly browned.
Brimming with a trio of bean varieties, this recipe is as easy as one, two, three. "You can serve it on the side or as a satisfying meatless main dish," says Carol Berigan of Golden, Colorado. "The veggies add an interesting mix of tastes, colors and textures."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1107mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 14g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
CHICKEN CASSOULET SOUP
After my sister spent a year in France as an au pair, I created this lighter, easier version of traditional French cassoulet for her. It uses chicken instead of the usual duck.-Bridget M. Klusman, Otsego, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain., Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, chicken, beans, carrots, onion, vermouth, bouillon, garlic, thyme, fennel and if desired, lavender. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through., Divide among bowls; sprinkle with bacon. If desired, top with additional fresh thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494 calories, Fat 23g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 1821mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
CHICKPEA CASSOULET WITH TOMATOES AND CHARD
Make and share this Chickpea Cassoulet with Tomatoes and Chard recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Mirj2338
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook pasta al dente; drain.
- Saute onion, garlic, crushed red pepper, herbs, paprika, and saffron (if desired).
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently until onions are soft about 8 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, 1/2 cup of their liquid and tomatoes.
- Season with pepper.
- Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- If pan becomes dry, add a little water to keep it moist.
- Steam chard until bright green and tender.
- Remove, chop coarsely, season with pepper and if desired salt.
- Put pasta in casserole, add chick pea-tomato mixture, chard and cheese.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Cover with foil and bake until warmed through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with additional grated cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.1, Fat 1.8, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 219.5, Carbohydrate 63.3, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 4, Protein 11.8
More about "garbanzo cassoulet recipes"
EASY CASSOULET RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
Ratings 4Calories 409 per servingCategory Dinner
- In a large Dutch oven, cook bacon and sausage over medium-high heat until bacon is crispy and sausage is browned. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a paper-towel lined plate, reserving the drippings in the pot.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and celery to the pot. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 more minute. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute. Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth and white wine; bring to a boil, scraping the bits from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon as you stir. Stir in the beans, chicken, vinegar, salt, pepper and thyme. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes. Return the sausage and the bacon to the pot. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3-5 more minutes. Remove from heat, stir in parsley, and serve!
CHICKPEA, PUMPKIN AND CAVOLO NERO “CASSOULET” RECIPE
SLOW-COOKER WHITE BEAN & SAUSAGE CASSOULET RECIPE
GARBANZO CASSOULET RECIPE | RECIPELAND
Servings 1Calories 2239 per servingTotal Time 10 hrs
ROASTED CUMIN AND CHICKPEA CASSOULET | MCCORMICK …
Cuisine FrenchCategory EntreesServings 6
CASSOULET DE CASTELNAUDARY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
ASTRAY RECIPES: GARBANZO CASSOULET
OUR SPECIAL CASSOULET RECIPE - BBC FOOD
60 EASY CHICKPEA RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
GARBANZO CASSOULET | BEANS AND GRAINS | QUENCH MAGAZINE
GARBANZO CASSOULET - BIGOVEN.COM
CASSOULET RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
RECIPES > BEANS AND GRAINS > HOW TO MAKE GARBANZO CASSOULET
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #side-dishes #beans #vegetables #french #european #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #one-dish-meal #inexpensive #chick-peas-garbanzos #carrots #tomatoes #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love