Provided by Amy @ The Blond Cook
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage and carrots to combine.
- In a medium bowl, prepare dressing: Whisk and combine mayonnaise, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
SOUTH CAROLINA COLESLAW
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine sugar, vinegar , oil, mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate dressing for 30 minutes.
- Place prepared vegetables in a serving bowl with cooled dressing. Using kitchen tongs , carefully, toss vegetables with dressing until well coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 1/2-2 hours before serving. Coleslaw will keep for up to 2 days after preparation if stored, covered in the refrigerator. Serve dish on the side with brisket , pork, or chicken , or serve right on top of pulled pork in a delicious sandwich.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503 kcal, Carbohydrate 54 g, Cholesterol 2 mg, Fiber 7 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 494 mg, Fat 32 g, ServingSize 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 28 g
CAROLINA COLE SLAW
- Combine vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard and celery seeds in nonaluminum medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and dressing comes to boil. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Combine cabbage, onion and green pepper in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate until cold, tossing occasionally, at least 2 hours. (Can be made1 day ahead. Cover; keep refrigerated.)
CAROLINA COLE SLAW WITH VINEGAR DRESSING
This goes great with our Carolina Pulled Pork Barbecue, or other grilled items. We love to have it at family picnics, partly because the vinegar based dressing is safer than mayo, but mostly because it's delicious! Crisp and refreshing! You can use red or green pepper. I don't usually add the tomatoes.
Provided by cathyfood
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 8 cups, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard, and celery seeds in a non-aluminum saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and dressing comes to a boil. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Combine cabbage, onion, pepper, and carrot in large bowl. Add dressing, toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, tossing occasionally, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add tomatoes just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150.7, Fat 8.6, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 83.6, Carbohydrate 17.7, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 13.2, Protein 2
CREAMY CAROLINA COLESLAW
This is wonderful with just about anything. You can substitute light mayo and light sour cream for the regular. I have even used Splenda for the sugar.
Provided by FloridaGrl
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Stir together first 1o ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix, tossing well to coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 20.3, Sodium 319.6, Carbohydrate 18.4, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 9.3, Protein 3
NORTH CAROLINA-STYLE COLESLAW
this simple, spicy slaw is traditionally served in north carolina as a barbeque sidedish, as well as a crunchy topping on pulled pork sandwiches.
Provided by Red Hot Housewife
Categories Low Protein
Yield 8 sidedish portions, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- in a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegars, sugar, hot sauce, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. add the cabbage and toss. let stand for 30 minutes, then toss and serve.
People also searched
More about "carolina cole slaw recipes"
PULLED PORK WITH CAROLINA SLAW - NECESSARY INDULGENCES
SOUTH CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
NO-MAYO CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE (SUPER YUMMY)
VINEGAR-BASED CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (384)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Side Dish, SaladCalories 264 per serving
SOUTH CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
Servings 6Total Time 15 mins
SMOKED CAROLINA PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CANNING COLE SLAW | PRESERVING THE GOOD LIFE
CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CAROLINA STYLE RED SLAW - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
CAROLINA COLE SLAW FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW | RECIPE | BOUNDED BY BUNS
CAROLINA COLE SLAW : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS - RECIPESCHOICE
CANNING – COLESLAW – A SLICE OF LIFE - LINDA HOYE
You'll also love