- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour, stirring constantly to prevent browning. Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in Cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Drain broccoli and place in a casserole dish. Pour cheese sauce on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, crush bread into crumbs. Saute in a skillet with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread bread crumbs over the broccoli and continue baking until golden brown, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245.1 calories, Carbohydrate 14.6 g, Cholesterol 48.8 mg, Fat 17 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 413.8 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
CREAMY BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
RECIPE VIDEO ABOVE. This is the broccolli version of Cauliflower Cheese! Tender broccoli smothered in a creamy garlic-parmesan cheese sauce which is pretty much the one I use for everybody's favoure Mac and Cheese. It's nice and saucy, rather than being stodgy and so thick you can cut into it like cake, so there's extra cheese sauce to spoon over once served.
Provided by Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix Topping ingredients in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until it smells incredible.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- While whisking, slowly pour in half the milk. Once fully incorporated, whisk in the remaining milk plus the chicken broth.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, whisking every now and then and more towards the end, until the sauce thickens so that it coats the back of a wooden spoon and when you draw your finger across it, the path stays (see video).
- Turn off heat, add cheeses, stir in (don't worry if it doesn't melt fully). Then do a taste test and add a bit of salt if required.
- Add broccoli and stir well to coat.
- Pour into a casserole dish, pat down to fill. Sprinkle over Topping, cover with foil then bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for a further 20 minutes until the topping is deep golden and the broccoli is tender.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Butter an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish or an 8-cup gratin dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and nutmeg and bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the white sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, bring about 1-inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan and set up a collapsible steamer on top. Put the broccoli in the steamer and season with salt. Cover, and steam until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Put the broccoli in the prepared dish, sprinkle with half of the cheese and pour on the sauce. Cover with the remaining cheese.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bread crumbs and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Cover the gratin with the bread crumbs. Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
TRADITIONAL FRENCH BROCCOLI GRATIN RECIPE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and butter a large gratin dish.
- Sauté onion in olive oil for five minutes in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Sprinkle flour over onions and continue sautéing mixture for 30 seconds. Add salt, pepper, sage, and milk to pan and stir constantly for 3 to 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Stir broccoli and cheese into sauce, bring mixture to just a simmer, and turn out into buttered gratin dish.
- Stir together melted butter, bread crumbs, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle over gratin. Bake broccoli gratin for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly, and bread crumbs have turned golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387 kcal, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Sodium 698 mg, Sugar 7 g, Fat 23 g, ServingSize 1 casserole (4 to 6 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
EASY BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN
Share our crowd-pleasing Easy Broccoli and Cauliflower au Gratin. Cheese fans will love the yummy sauce of our Easy Broccoli and Cauliflower au Gratin.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 10 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine vegetables in 2-qt. microwaveable casserole. Add water; cover with lid. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 min. or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Microwave cream cheese and milk in 2-cup microwaveable measuring cup or medium bowl 1 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Stir in sour cream; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar; microwave 2 min. or until melted.
- Mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan; sprinkle over vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 8 g
BROCCOLI AU GRATIN (SIMPLE AND EASY!)
I think this one is also from Quick Cooking, not sure. Anyway, it is as easy as it is delicious. I do add salt and pepper, by the way. If you like, add 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms cooked in 2 tbsp of butter. You can also add 1 cup cut up cooked ham. Instead of the broccoli you can use frozen asparagus, cut up and make ASPARGUS AU GRATIN instead. Same for coliflower.
Provided by EURrosa1
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cook broccoli according to package directions and drain. Stir in soup and cheese. Transfer to greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish and sprinkle with crakers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.2, Fat 10.7, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 20.9, Sodium 657.8, Carbohydrate 14.2, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 2.1, Protein 8.9
BROCCOLI AU GRATIN
With only four common ingredients, this crumb-topped gratin from Margaret McNeil of Memphis, Tennessee costs just 75¢ a serving.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Stir in the soup and cheese. , Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 21mg cholesterol, Sodium 752mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
BROCCOLI AU GRATIN
- Heat milk and blend in flour, cream cheese, Roquefort, salt, and pepper and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Cook broccoli until barely tender.
- Drain and place in 3 quart casserole.
- Pour cheese sauce over broccoli.
- This may be prepared the day before and refrigerated.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Top with bread crumbs, dot with butter and return to oven for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 522.2, Fat 39.7, SaturatedFat 24.4, Cholesterol 119.1, Sodium 922.9, Carbohydrate 29.3, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 4, Protein 16.6
More about "broccoli au gratin simple and easy recipes"
GRANDMA GOT THIS BROCCOLI AU GRATIN RECIPE FROM A BOX, …
QUICK BROCCOLI GRATIN WITH BACON - EASY AND DELISH
BROCCOLI AU GRATIN – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
BROCCOLI AU GRATIN CASSEROLE RECIPE: SUPER CHEESY …
EASY CHEESY BROCCOLI AU GRATIN RECIPE • THE FRESH COOKY
5/5 (9)Total Time 40 minsCategory Holiday Side Dish, Side DishPublished Oct 10, 2022
50 HEALTHY RECIPES FOR PICKY EATERS | THE PICKY EATER
BROCCOLI AU GRATIN RICE PILAF - THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS
EASY PARMESAN AU GRATIN BROCCOLI RECIPE (ITALIAN STYLE)
BROCCOLI GRATIN - SWEET AS HONEY
BROCCOLI AU GRATIN - JOYOUS APRON
CHEESY BROCCOLI AU GRATIN RECIPE | GET ON MY PLATE
BROCCOLI AU GRATIN (EASY & DELISH KETO SIDE DISH) - EASY LOW CARB
ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI AND TOASTED HAZELNUTS RECIPE - SERIOUS …
BROCCOLI AND GRUYERE GRATIN RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
BROCCOLI AU GRATIN (IN THE BEST CHEESE SAUCE) - EATING EUROPEAN
EASY POTATO RECIPES - BUDGET BYTES
BROCCOLI AU GRATIN - FORK IN THE KITCHEN
You'll also love