CREAMY BRAUNSCHWEIGER SPREAD & CRACKERS
I love Braunschweiger. I will eat it on bread with mayo only. I guess thats my Wisconsin roots in me. These appetizers are one of my favorites. I haven't made these in a long while. I think I will make this for the New Year as it goes well with drinks and football.
Provided by Tammy T
Categories Other Snacks
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Mix braunschweiger, cream cheese, milk, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic together in mixer or food processor until well blended. Fold in onions.
- 2. Form mixture into a ball, roll in nuts if desired or serve with crackers of choice and / or little round bread pieces or little toasts.
- 3. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 plus hours. Better if over night.
This spread is so creamy and delicious it's satisfying even to those who think they don't like liver sausage.-Gayle Lewis, Yucaipa, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the first seven ingredients; pat into a bowl lined with plastic wrap. Cover with the wrap and chill. Invert onto a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts :
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine braunsweiger, cream cheese, ketchup, onion, and steak sauce. Mix until blended. Shape mixture into a ball. Press olives into the ball. Chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 192.7 mg, Fat 45.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 16.7 g, SaturatedFat 19.9 g, Sodium 1621 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
- In a bowl, cut braunschweiger into small pieces.
- Mash cut-up braunschweiger with a fork.
- Add softened cream cheese; mix and blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir until well combined.
- Use as a spread on crackers.
- Serves 8-10.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Beat with mixer until it is well blended and spreads easily.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.2, Fat 8.1, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 38.4, Sodium 244.2, Carbohydrate 1.2, Sugar 0.3, Protein 3
BRAUNSCHWEIGER SALAD SPREAD
I like to butter one slice of bread, put spread on other and make a sandwich of this spread. A slice of onion on the sandwich just makes it that much better.
Provided by Darlene Summers
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix all ingredients in food processor till smooth.
- Use on bread to make sandwich or use on crackers like a dip.
- Combine first 7 ingredients; mix well.
- Pat mixture in a bowl lined with plastic wrap. Cover and chill.
- Unmold and put round part up on a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with pumpernickel bread party slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 56.4, Fat 4.7, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 9.5, Sodium 111.5, Carbohydrate 3.4, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.5, Protein 0.7
ZIPPY BRAUNSCHWEIGER SPREAD
One of our favorite party spreads. Adjust amounts of mayo, onion, and especially horseradish to your and your guests' taste. Adding or subtracting mayo controls the intensity of the liver flavor.
Provided by l0vetw0c00k
Yield 1 party spread ball or log
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix all ingredients and form a ball or log.
- chill for at least an hour before serving with assorted crackers.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Improves over time.
EASY BRAUNSCHWEIGER PARTY SPREAD
- Mix braunschweiger, cream cheese, milk, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic together in mixer or food processor until blended evenly.
- Fold in onions.
- Form mixture into a ball, roll in nuts if desired.
- Refrigerate for 2 plus hours.
- Preferably over night.
- In a medium bowl, mix braunschweiger liver sausage, cream cheese, onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Form into a ball shape. Wrap with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95.9 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 40.9 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 209.4 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
I love braunschweiger. I remember my dad used to love a braunschweiger sandwich with lettuce and onion. As a kid I liked them as well and still do. I don't eat it often but every once in a while I want some. Made the spread today. I usually like it on crackers. But sometimes a half sandwich with some milk-sweetened onion slices...
Provided by R S
Categories Meat Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. Mix equal parts room temperature braunschweiger and cream cheese until well combined.
- 2. Add in salt, pepper and onion powder to taste. Mix again.
- 3. Serve on crackers, toasted baguette slices or use as a sandwich spread. Done and done!
More about "braunschweiger spread recipes"
12 BRAUNSCHWEIGER RECIPES: DIPS, SPREADS, PATES, & MORE
- Homemade Braunschweiger. Smoky, rich, and light on the liver, this recipe from Honest Food is the real deal. It isn’t for the faint of heart, but if you’re in the mood to pull out all the stops and make a big batch of Braunschweiger that will last months, this is the recipe for you.
- Homemade Lamb or Goat Braunschweiger. Braunschweiger isn’t restricted to beef and pork. You can make liver sausage from any liver you’d like. That means lamb, goat, elk, deer, turkey — you name it.
- No-Frills Homemade Braunschweiger. There’s something endearing about old recipes that show you the stairs but don’t give you every step. It’s the “pinch of that, pinch of this” energy.
- Braunschweiger Charcuterie Platter. Braunschweiger doesn’t have to be a solo act. It’s perfect alongside other delicious meats, cheeses, and vegetables.
- The Ultimate Braunschweiger Sandwich. Once you have your Braunschweiger on hand, the world is your… liver? So why not start with this decadent sandwich from Heart Hook Home?
BRAUNSCHWEIGER SPREAD - JAM HANDS
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 272 per serving
THE ULTIMATE BRAUNSCHWEIGER SANDWICH - HEART HOOK HOME
10 BEST BRAUNSCHWEIGER RECIPES
BRAUNSCHWEIGER SPREAD RECIPE BY BLENDER.SPLENDOR
BRAUNSCHWEIGER SPREAD TURNIPS 2 TANGERINES
BRAUNSCHWEIGER (LIVER SAUSAGE) - IZZYCOOKING
BRAUNSCHWEIGER SPREAD RECIPE
JONES DAIRY FARM CREAMY BRAUNSCHWEIGER SPREAD
CREAMY BRAUNSCHWEIGER DIP - RECIPES | JONES DAIRY FARM
BRAUNSCHWEIGER DIP - DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
BRAUNSCHWEIGER SPREAD RECIPES (PAGE 1) - FOODFERRET
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #appetizers #beef #american #easy #spreads #dietary #seasonal #low-carb #beef-organ-meats #low-in-something #meat
You'll also love