Get a leg up on cheeseburger mac with VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Dinner. Add floor beef, tomatoes & extra for this VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Cheeseburger Mac.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (a few cup)
- 2 kilos lean floor beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- half of teaspoon crushed pink pepper
- 1/four cup flour
- 1 (28- ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound Rotini pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- non-compulsory – garnish with parsley (recent or dried)
- In a big, deep skillet warmth the olive oil over medium warmth. When the oil is sizzling, add within the diced onions and sauté for 5-6 minutes, till they start to melt. Add within the floor beef to the skillet and break the meat aside. Prepare dinner till no pink stays. Drain extra grease and return the to warmth.
- With the warmth nonetheless on medium, add within the garlic, basil, oregano, salt, pink pepper, and flour. Prepare dinner for 1 minute, stirring consistently to coat.
- Add within the tomato sauce and broth and stir to mix. Convey to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whereas sauce is simmering, boil Rotini in line with pasta instructions. Drain.
- Add the cream and pasta to the sauce, stirring to mix. Add within the cheese and stir till melted.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve instantly.