- 2 thick reduce steaks 2 inches
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon white pepper
- half teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Take away steaks from fridge and any packaging. Brush either side with oil to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, pepper, and white pepper. Rub each side of every steak with the rub combination. Let steaks sit at room temperature for at the least 30 minutes earlier than cooking.
- Preheat an out of doors grill to excessive warmth (about 500 levels). Sear steaks for three minutes per facet. Cut back the warmth to medium-low and proceed cooking with the lid closed till the steaks attain the specified stage of doneness (130 levels F for medium-rare).
- When the steaks are faraway from the grill, instantly high with 1 tablespoon butter every, tent with aluminum foil, and permit the steaks to relaxation 5 to 10 minutes earlier than slicing into them.
For a reverse sear: put together steaks as instructed. Preheat one facet of the grill to low warmth and the opposite facet to excessive warmth. Begin the steak on the low warmth facet of the grill and prepare dinner till it reaches an inside temperature of 110-120 levels F. Then, transfer the steak to the warmer facet of the grill and sear on either side for two minutes.