Filipino Carioca – A scrumptious dessert recipe from the Philippines! Fried sticky rice balls with a coconut caramel sauce which might be addicting!
- 2 half of cups glutinous rice flour
- 2 half of cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/Four cups coconut milk
- 2 cups impartial cooking oil for deep-frying (extra if wanted)
- 1 can coconut cream
- half of cup + three tablespoons brown sugar
- half of teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the glutionous rice flour, sweetened shredded coconut, and coconut milk till a dough types. Scoop out a couple of tablespoon of dough and form right into a ball. Repeat till all of the dough is used up. A cookie dough scooper is useful for this.
- Warmth the cooking oil in a saucepan over medium warmth to about 350 levels. To check if the oil is scorching, dip skewer into it. When bubbles kind across the skewer, the oil is prepared. Fry the dough balls in batches for 4-5 minutes or till flippantly browned throughout. Scoop onto a strainer lined with paper towels to take away extra oil. Repeat till all of the balls are cooked. Put aside.
- In a saucepan, stir collectively the coconut cream, sugar, and salt. Convey to a boil over medium warmth. When it begins to boil, decrease the warmth barely, stir and prepare dinner for 5-Eight minutes or till the combination has thickened.
- Dip the balls into the sauce, or to keep away from sticky fingers, thread about 4 balls onto a picket skewer and pour the caramel sauce over. Serve individually or on skewers.