A simple skillet garlic lemon butter rooster recipe that you would be able to make in a flash! The rooster is dusted with parmesan and flour, so it’s good and crispy, the veggies are cooked in the identical pan, so it’s straightforward to scrub up. And the lemon butter sauce is to die for! What’s to not love?
I’m coming at you at this time with a lemon butter rooster recipe that you’re simply going to like!
It begins with parmesan and flour dusted rooster breasts that we’ll sauté in a bit olive oil whereas we make our lemon butter sauce. After which we’ll convey all of it along with inexperienced beans, and earlier than you already know it, you’ll be hollering for the household to return down for dinner as a result of this factor comes collectively in. a. flash.
Fast dinners are my spirit animal.
If at this time’s recipe appears a bit acquainted to you, it’s as a result of it’s a brand new tackle my beforehand shared honey lemon chicken. I swapped out the honey for extra garlic and herbs and added a bit parmesan to the rooster breasts in order that they get all these good crispy bits once we saute them in olive oil.
Do you see it’s a sample? I’m at all times testing new rooster recipes to share with you guys. The truth is, I’ve obtained one other couple good ones coming down the pipeline right here within the subsequent few weeks. I’m simply glad to see that you just guys occur to like straightforward weeknight dinner recipes as a lot as we do!
Straightforward prep. Straightforward cleanup. Flavorful meals. Verify, verify, and verify.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN:
- all-purpose flour
- grated parmesan
- olive oil
- rooster breasts
- lemon slices
- inexperienced beans
WHAT IF I ONLY HAVE CHICKEN THIGHS, CAN I USE THOSE?
Sure, you possibly can swap the boneless, skinless rooster breasts for rooster thighs right here. Simply be sure you use the identical quantity of rooster required.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A GLUTEN FREE DIET? HOW CAN I MAKE THIS GARLIC LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN GF FRIENDLY?
Positive factor! Simply swap the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free 1-1 baking combine or use common previous cornstarch! Both will do the trick!
HOW TO MAKE THE PAN-SEARED CHICKEN BREASTS
Mix the flour, parmesan, seasonings, salt, and pepper in a shallow baking dish. Coat all sides of the rooster breast within the flour combination and add it to a sizzling pan with the olive oil. Enable the rooster to prepare dinner for 4-6 minutes on all sides earlier than attempting to flip it. You wish to be sure that the rooster is cooked all through, should you’re uncertain, I recommend testing it with a meat thermometer.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE GARLIC LEMON BUTTER SAUCE:
- lemon juice
- minced or pressed garlic
- crimson pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- chilly butter, minimize into small items
HOW TO MAKE THE LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
We’ll begin by heating the lemon juice, garlic, crimson pepper flakes, and seasoning in a small saucepan. Cut back the lemon juice till you’ve obtained roughly three tablespoons remaining, this shouldn’t take greater than 1-2 minutes. Then, slowly add the butter a bit bit at a time, swirling the saucepan to assist the butter soften. I like to do that whereas the rooster is browning, it doesn’t take greater than 5 minutes!
HOW DOES THE LEMON BUTTER THICKEN THIS SAUCE? DON’T WE USE FLOUR OR CORNSTARCH?
Have you ever made my garlic butter baked salmon in foil? When you have, we’re utilizing the identical method to thicken it up. You don’t want flour or cornstarch. The secret is to let the lemon juice, garlic, crimson pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning simmer till it reduces a bit. Then, we’ll slowly add chilly pats of butter a bit bit at a time to assist the sauce thicken. This may take a couple of minutes however what you get it a zingy lemon butter sauce that’s restaurant high quality. The secret is to make use of chilly butter. The sauce received’t thicken correctly in case your butter is room temperature or melted!
I’M NOT A FAN OF GREEN BEANS. CAN I USE ANY OTHER KIND OF VEGETABLE?
Positive! You’ll be able to swap the inexperienced beans for sliced zucchini or asparagus should you’d like.
YIELD: Four SERVINGS
SKILLET GARLIC LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN
prep time:15 MINS
prepare dinner time:15 MINS
complete time:30 MINS
A simple skillet garlic lemon butter rooster recipe that you would be able to make in a flash! The rooster is dusted with parmesan and flour so it’s good and crispy, the veggies are cooked in the identical pan so it’s straightforward to scrub up. And the lemon butter sauce is to die for! What’s to not love?
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons EACH: grated parmesan AND olive oil
- ½ teaspoon EACH garlic powder AND Italian seasoning
- 1 ¼ pound boneless, skinless rooster breasts (or thighs)
- ¼ cup lemon juice + 1 lemon, sliced
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crimson pepper flakes
- Four tablespoons chilly butter, cubed into Four items
- 12 ounces inexperienced beans, minimize into 1 inch items
- CHICKEN: Add the flour, parmesan, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper to a shallow dish and whisk. Add every bit of rooster to the flour combination and coat on each side, mud off any extra flour. Warmth a skillet over medium-high warmth and add the olive oil. Add the rooster to the skillet and let prepare dinner for 4-6 minutes per aspect relying on the thickness. Put together the sauce whereas the rooster cooks. Take away rooster to a plate when cooked.
- GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE: In a small saucepan over medium warmth, mix the lemon juice, minced garlic, crimson pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning and permit the combination to scale back to three tablespoons. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and take away the pan from warmth and swirl so the butter stars to soften. Place again on the warmth for a couple of seconds, take away and proceed to swirl till butter melts fully. Repeat with remaining tablespoons of butter. When butter is totally melted, take away sauce from range; put aside.
- ASSEMBLE: Add a small drizzle of oil to the pan you cooked the rooster in (if it wants it.) Add the lemon slices and push them across the pan with tongs to choose up all of the bits left behind by the rooster. Add the inexperienced beans and sauté them for 3-5 minutes or till completed to desire. Season with salt, pepper, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder. Pile the rooster on the inexperienced beans should you’d like or divide into private servings. You’ll be able to drizzle the sauce over your entire skillet or serve it on every particular person serving!