Sweet Coleslaw is a favorite Southern BBQ side. Creamy slaw with an easy mayo-based dressing with vinegar, celery seed, and sugar in minutes.
Provided by Sabrina Snyder
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, celery salt, and poppy seeds in a large bowl.
- Toss well with coleslaw mix.
- Chill at least 4 hours to let the cabbage soften and the flavors combine, but the longer it chills the better.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130 kcal, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Sodium 417 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 15 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BEST SWEET COLESLAW RECIPE
- In a medium bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and the celery seeds until well blended. Add the coleslaw mix and stir until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 6 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 11 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 0 grams protein, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 147 grams sodium, Sugar 7 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams unsaturated fat
THE BEST VINEGAR COLESLAW
We love the zippiness that a vinegar-based dressing brings to this coleslaw, making it the perfect partner for rich, meaty dishes like pulled pork or ribs. Cabbage can take lots of seasoning and lots of vinegar, so don't be bashful. But the real secret to this colorful coleslaw is the marinating time - a long trip to the fridge softens up the veggies and gives them time to absorb the flavors of the vinaigrette. A drizzle of olive oil at the end balances the acidity.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk together the vinegar, salt, sugar, celery salt, pepper and garlic in a large bowl until combined. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing for serving. Toss the green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots in the remaining dressing until the vegetables are completely coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3.
- Strain the coleslaw through a colander and discard the liquid. Transfer the coleslaw to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the reserved dressing and the oil. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Toss to coat.
Adding a little orange juice to make the dressing a little sweeter. This recipe easily makes enough for 10 people or more. If it's on the thin side, add another 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. If it's too thick, thin with more orange juice.
Provided by smiles44446
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Stir mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, white balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Toss cabbage and carrots together in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.6 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Cholesterol 10.8 mg, Fat 19.5 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 185.9 mg, Sugar 13.3 g
SWEET AND SPICY COLESLAW
- Cut cabbage in quarters and remove core. Peel carrots and onion and cut into pieces that would fit through the feed tube of a food processor. Fit food processor with the large-holed grater attachment and push cabbage, carrots, and onions through feed tube to grate. In a large bowl, toss vegetables together.
- In another medium bowl, prepare the coleslaw dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, mustard, cider vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and cayenne. Toss dressing with the cabbage mixture, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
If you've been searching for the perfect coleslaw, give this one a try! It has a terrific crunch, and the simple dressing is sweet and tangy all in one. This is a great way to get your family to eat cabbage. We love it. -Patricia Staudt, Marble Rock, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 135mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
SWEET, CREAMY COLESLAW
I never liked coleslaw until I tried my husband's great aunt's. Now I can't get enough of it! Great with BBQ pork sandwiches. You can also use a bag of slaw mix instead of shredding the cabbage and carrots yourself.
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Shred cabbage and carrots into a bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a separate bowl; blending well.
- Pour over shredded vegetables and stir to coat.
- Amounts of dressing ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste but always use the same amount of vinegar as sugar.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, milk, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Toss the cabbage, carrots, and onion into the dressing; mix well. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to overnight before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.3 g, Cholesterol 3.9 mg, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 80.5 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
SWEET RESTAURANT SLAW
- Combine the coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the salad dressing, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and poppy seeds in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly. Pour dressing mixture over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199.8 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 11.2 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 252.5 mg, Sugar 15.3 g
SWEET AND SOUR COLESLAW
The fresh flavor and crunchy texture of garden vegetables star in this tart colorful coleslaw. Lightly dressed with vinegar and oil, it's a refreshing summer salad. My mom fixed it often when I was growing up...and it continues to be requested often. - Pat Cole Polebridge, Montana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, celery, green pepper and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, pepper and paprika; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 385mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "best sweet coleslaw recipes"
BEST SWEET COLESLAW RECIPE - MY HEAVENLY RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Dinner, Side DishCalories 97 per serving
- Add in miracle whip, celery seed, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, buttermilk, milk, and lemon juice.
THE BEST SWEET COLESLAW - AIMEE MARS
3.9/5 (10)Total Time 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 229 per serving
- Add the coleslaw mix to a large bowl and pour the mayonnaise mixture on top and toss to coat evenly.
9 MOST POPULAR COLESLAW RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BEST SWEET COLESLAW RECIPE - RESTAURANT STYLE SLAW
16 BEST COLESLAW RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE …
10 BEST SWEET COLESLAW DRESSING WITHOUT MAYONNAISE RECIPES
LOW CARB KETO COLESLAW RECIPE - 5 INGREDIENTS | WHOLESOME YUM
EGG ROLL BOWL - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
BEST SWEET COLESLAW RECIPES - COOKEATSHARE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST COLESLAW EVER - ALLRECIPES
10 BEST SWEET SOUTHERN COLESLAW RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SWEET COLESLAW DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love