SWEET RESTAURANT SLAW
- Combine the coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the salad dressing, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and poppy seeds in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly. Pour dressing mixture over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199.8 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 11.2 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 252.5 mg, Sugar 15.3 g
NANA'S SOUTHERN COLESLAW
Just an old family recipe that I have been told is reminiscent of KFC coleslaw. You be the judge! To speed things up I sometimes just buy an already shredded bag of cabbage with carrots in it and then just chop it a little finer.
Provided by Kristina
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix cabbage, carrots, and onion in a large salad bowl. Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a separate bowl until smooth and the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and mix thoroughly. Cover bowl and refrigerate slaw at least 2 hours (the longer the better). Mix again before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184.2 calories, Carbohydrate 20.3 g, Cholesterol 6.1 mg, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 273.7 mg, Sugar 15 g
SWEET, CREAMY COLESLAW
I never liked coleslaw until I tried my husband's great aunt's. Now I can't get enough of it! Great with BBQ pork sandwiches. You can also use a bag of slaw mix instead of shredding the cabbage and carrots yourself.
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Shred cabbage and carrots into a bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a separate bowl; blending well.
- Pour over shredded vegetables and stir to coat.
- Amounts of dressing ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste but always use the same amount of vinegar as sugar.
BEST SWEET COLESLAW RECIPE
- In a medium bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and the celery seeds until well blended. Add the coleslaw mix and stir until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 6 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 11 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 0 grams protein, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 147 grams sodium, Sugar 7 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams unsaturated fat
Adding a little orange juice to make the dressing a little sweeter. This recipe easily makes enough for 10 people or more. If it's on the thin side, add another 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. If it's too thick, thin with more orange juice.
Provided by smiles44446
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Stir mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, white balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Toss cabbage and carrots together in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.6 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Cholesterol 10.8 mg, Fat 19.5 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 185.9 mg, Sugar 13.3 g
THE BEST VINEGAR COLESLAW
We love the zippiness that a vinegar-based dressing brings to this coleslaw, making it the perfect partner for rich, meaty dishes like pulled pork or ribs. Cabbage can take lots of seasoning and lots of vinegar, so don't be bashful. But the real secret to this colorful coleslaw is the marinating time - a long trip to the fridge softens up the veggies and gives them time to absorb the flavors of the vinaigrette. A drizzle of olive oil at the end balances the acidity.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk together the vinegar, salt, sugar, celery salt, pepper and garlic in a large bowl until combined. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing for serving. Toss the green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots in the remaining dressing until the vegetables are completely coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3.
- Strain the coleslaw through a colander and discard the liquid. Transfer the coleslaw to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the reserved dressing and the oil. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Toss to coat.
SWEET AND SOUR COLESLAW
The fresh flavor and crunchy texture of garden vegetables star in this tart colorful coleslaw. Lightly dressed with vinegar and oil, it's a refreshing summer salad. My mom fixed it often when I was growing up...and it continues to be requested often. - Pat Cole Polebridge, Montana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, celery, green pepper and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, pepper and paprika; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 385mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
People also searched
More about "best sweet coleslaw recipes"
THE BEST SWEET COLESLAW - AIMEE MARS
3.9/5 (10)Total Time 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 229 per serving
- Add the coleslaw mix to a large bowl and pour the mayonnaise mixture on top and toss to coat evenly.
BEST SWEET COLESLAW RECIPE - MY HEAVENLY RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Dinner, Side DishCalories 97 per serving
- Add in miracle whip, celery seed, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, buttermilk, milk, and lemon juice.
THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CREAMY SWEET COLESLAW RESTAURANT-STYLE RECIPE – BEST …
9 BEST SWEET COLESLAW RECIPE IDEAS - PINTEREST
25 FLAVOURSOME CHRISTMAS VEGETARIAN RECIPES | BETTER HOMES AND …
BEST SWEET COLESLAW RECIPES - COOKEATSHARE
10 BEST JALAPENO COLESLAW RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET COLESLAW RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST SWEET SOUTHERN COLESLAW RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SWEET COLESLAW DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
LOW CARB KETO COLESLAW RECIPE - 5 INGREDIENTS | WHOLESOME YUM
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST COLESLAW EVER - ALLRECIPES
21 BEST SWEET COLESLAW RECIPE IDEAS | RECIPES, SWEET COLESLAW …
10 BEST SWEET SOUTHERN COLESLAW RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make coleslaw?Directions. Stir mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, white balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and pepper together in a bowl. Toss cabbage and carrots together in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. A quintessential, simple recipe for perfect coleslaw. See how to make a sweet twist on classic coleslaw.
What is the best coleslaw dressing for Keto?Make low carb keto coleslaw dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, powdered erythritol, and celery seeds. Season with salt and pepper to taste. TIP: Apple cider vinegar makes this a paleo coleslaw recipe. If that doesn’t matter to you, white vinegar works just fine for keto as well.
How do you make cabbage slaw with mayonnaise?Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a separate bowl until smooth and the sugar has dissolved. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and mix thoroughly. Cover bowl and refrigerate slaw at least 2 hours (the longer the better). Mix again before serving.
What is coleslaw dressing made out of?The sweet coleslaw dressing, which is made up of mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and salt is what gives this side salad it’s flavor. Whisk, whip, whatever all these ingredients together and you’re summer just got a whole lot tastier.