ARUGULA AND STEAK SALAD WITH FRENCH FRY CROUTONS
Transform everything you love about classic steak frites--juicy steak and crispy fries--into a salad with arugula.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the fries with 1 teaspoon of the paprika. Lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until crispy, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the steak with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the steak and cook, flipping once, until brown on both sides and cooked to desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board (reserve the skillet) and let rest 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon paprika to the skillet and boil over medium-high heat, scraping up any brown bits, until slightly reduced, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat stir in the mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Pour any accumulated juices into the skillet with the vinaigrette in the skillet. Toss the arugula and vinaigrette together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the salad, steak and French fries among 4 plates.
ARUGULA AND ROASTED-VEGETABLE SALAD WITH WHOLE-GRAIN CROUTONS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make the croutons: Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on prepared sheet; coat bread with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Toast in oven, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool completely. Croutons can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days.
- Squeeze juice of 1 orange into a small nonreactive saucepan. raisins. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat; let stand until raisins are plump, about 10 minutes. Drain raisins, reserving 2 tablespoons juice.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange scallions, fennel, and raisins in a single layer on sheet; coat with cooking spray. Roast, flipping mixture once, until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool slightly. Cut scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- Remove peel and pith from remaining orange. Carve out flesh between membranes (you should have about 3/4 cup segments). Transfer segments to a large bowl. Add scallions, fennel, raisins, arugula, and croutons; gently toss.
- Whisk reserved juice, the vinegar, and salt in a small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking until emulsified.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and gently toss. Divide among 4 serving plates. Season with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200 g, Cholesterol 1 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 124 g
ARUGULA AND ROASTED FRUIT SALAD WITH PANETTONE CROUTONS
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Place the panettone cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until dark golden brown and crispy on the outside, about 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. The croutons will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Place the fruit in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with melted butter, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and the sugar. Toss to coat and spread the fruit out in a single layer onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until the pears are tender and the fruit is beginning to brown on the edges, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the honey, the remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, canola oil, cream, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender. Run the machine until the ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad place the arugula greens, roasted fruit, and panettone croutons in a large bowl. Add the salad dressing and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
More about "arugula and roasted vegetable salad with whole grain croutons recipes"
WARM ARUGULA SALAD WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES - THAT ZEST …
5/5 (9)Category Salad, Side DishCuisine American, GreekCalories 206 per serving
- Chop vegetables and add to preheated pan. Toss with 2/3rds of the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Place arugula into large bowl. Once vegetables are done, let sit for 3 minutes and then place directly onto bed of arugula. Add red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and salt and toss until arugula is fully wilted. Salt to taste and add feta. Mix and serve.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND ARUGULA SPRING SALAD - FOOD …
Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD WITH FETA – WELLPLATED.COM
HOMEMADE CROUTONS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
WARM ARUGULA SALAD WITH GARLIC CROUTONS RECIPE | BON …
Servings 8Author Condé Nast
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place garlic in small baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Cover dish tightly with foil; bake until garlic is tender, about 50 minutes. Cool. Squeeze roasted garlic from skins into medium bowl. Mash with fork. Add 3/4 cup oil, shallots, 3 tablespoons vinegar, and thyme. Whisk to blend well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F. Oil large rimmed baking sheet. Arrange onion rings on sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; toss to coat. Roast until tender and brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar; toss to coat. Add onions to vinaigrette in bowl. Maintain oven temperature.
- Melt butter in heavy medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add bread cubes and rosemary and toss to combine. Transfer to oven and bake until croutons are golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Place arugula in large bowl. Add cheese and toss to combine. Transfer vinaigrette to medium saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until hot. Pour hot dressing over arugula salad and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with croutons and serve.
ARUGULA AND ROASTED FRUIT SALAD WITH PANETTONE CROUTONS : …
25+ HEALTHY DINNER RECIPES FOR FEBRUARY | EATINGWELL
WHOLE GRAIN SALAD RECIPES | POPSUGAR FOOD
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES SALAD - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
ARUGULA AND ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD WITH WHOLE GRAIN CROUTONS …
RECIPE: ROASTED SWEET POTATO & ARUGULA SALAD WITH CROUTONS
WINTER SALAD RECIPES THAT LET COLD-WEATHER PRODUCE SHINE
25 BEST SIDE DISHES FOR PASTA (+ EASY RECIPES) - INSANELY GOOD
TOMATO & ARUGULA SALAD WITH PARMESAN & BAKED PITA …
ARUGULA AND ROASTED-VEGETABLE SALAD WITH WHOLE-GRAIN …
WARM WHOLE-GRAIN SALAD WITH FENNEL, ARUGULA, …
MANDARIN ORANGE MASON JAR SALAD IN CROUTONS | SILVER HILLS
ARUGULA AND ROASTED AUTUMN VEGETABLE SALAD WITH CRISPY BAKED …
You'll also love